If we lose to Sunderland

Dave

Allardyce will be under real pressure for the first time IMO. Obviously the fans will be fucking livid (I ignore the morons on here calling for his head already tbh), but the media will start to ask questions.

I wonder how he'll deal with it.

I'm dreading the game like fuck, God knows what it feels like as a Geordie. :undecided:

If the fat fool loses next weekend he'll have gigantic work to make up, especially with games against Liverpool, Blackburn and Arsenal to come. Games, i expect us to take next to nothing from.

Real change takes time.  There will be peaks and valleys until the ship is steadied.  But when it comes to the Sunderland game, if we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

What a horrible time to be playing sunderland. If we go down fighting it'd be bad enough, but if we surrender the way we did to Reading with negative tactics/team selection the pressure on him will be much worse.

Looking on the bright side, assuming we don't go there 'to not concede' and we actually take the initiative, it'll be a good place to turn things around or, from Sam's perspective, paper over the cracks for a while.

Real change takes time.  There will be peaks and valleys until the ship is steadied.  But when it comes to the Sunderland game, if we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e9/Zapp_Brannigan.png/290px-Zapp_Brannigan.png

:D

Even if we lost to Sunderland, so what? I will be dead certain against the sacking of Allardyce.

The appointment of Allardyce is the next best thing that has happened to the club in recent years after the effing off of Freddie Shepherd.

People forgot what he has achieved in Bolton, with very little money to spend and very little club appeal to consume.

He has bought well - Smith is a mistake and I was against his transfer, but no manager is perfect in transfer dealing. Fergie makes a lot of mistakes, so does Rafa, so does Mourinho, so does Wenger. It is silly to critisise Allardyce so severely just because he bought Alan smith.

People also need to remember that Allardyce is famous for his own brand of football - long ball football, percentage football, however you call it, though personally I think percentage football is the best description. It is a change of football style, so while we hope that players could adapt immediately, it is only prudent to give some time and space for the manager and players to deliver results. Alex Ferguson took god know how many years to sort his side out. Benitez's Liverpool in first year, in the Premiership, was not very successful. Wenger's newest side, with Fabregas, Flamini, Van Persie etc took a good few years to mature and flourish.

Allardyce is not only a manager on the pitch, he is an excellent manager off the pitch as well. Look at Bolton, the infrastructure and the legacy he has left. And look at Newcastle - the academy, the training facilities, the coaching staff - so many things need to be sorted. The first people Allardyce wanted are sport sceintists. The first coach Allardyce recruited is Steve Round - a well reputed coach.

So now we have a manager who is an excellent man manager - see the number of bad boys come good in Bolton, a manager who has a unique and proven tactic - percentage football, a manager who pay efforts to sort the club up behind the scene - see Bolton, a manager who buys well generally - see Cacapa, Rozenhal, Geremi, Enrique. More importantly, Sam Allardyce has brought Bolton, a small club, to the top echelon of Premiership consistently. Sam Allardyce is the English equivalent of Spalleti, Sanchez Flores, Schuter, Magath etc, except that perhaps Allardyce dispensed with even smaller budget.

Why can't we be more patient? The team are not doing well at the moment but we are still 10th, a very acceptable position I think. If in the long run Big Sam proves not to be the right person to take us to the glorious pinnacle, at least he will leave the club in a very healthy state.

Also, look around, are there still many top managers available? Or many promising managers, English or foreign, whom you think is a better bet than Sam Allardyce? Top manager - Luis Van Gaal perhaps, or Jose Mourinho and Marcelo Lippi who won't be coming. Promising manager - both Sanchez Flores and Martin Jol have proven that they are not that special after all. I like the look of Paul Le Guen but I bet no one bar me would like him to come here.

Premiership is a tough tough place to compete. Money maybe helpful but it still takes managerial talent for any club to succeed. Top 4 are very hard to penetrate with well known reasons. David Moyes is not a special one but the club trusts him and his team are improving steadily over the years. Mark Hugh doesn't have much money but he has bought well and he has loyalty of the board to compensate for lack of money. Harry redknapp is a cunning old fox who just found pots of transfer golds.

I would rather stick with Sam Allardyce than spend futile time and chasing the unlikely special one.

If we lose to Sunderland next match, I will be dissapointed but nothing more.

Even if we lost to Sunderland, so what?

So what? Jesus christ, at the moment thats the worst thing I can see happening this season. If theres one thing I cant stand its losing to those cunts. Sort yourself out man.

Even if we lost to Sunderland, so what?

So what? Jesus christ, at the moment thats the worst thing I can see happening this season. If theres one thing I cant stand its losing to those cunts. Sort yourself out man.

I think he's looking at the bigger picture.

Everyone knows how shit losing to them lot would be.