3 best purchases (regardless of value) from the last 3 managers.

Parky

For me.

1. Martins - Roeder

2. Enrique - Allardyce

3. Barton - Allardyce

How do you know till they've played for us for a period of time?

Call it insight.

barton havent done to well the last 2 games has he? :)

For me.

1. Martins - Roeder

2. Enrique - Allardyce

3. Barton - Allardyce

Call it insight.

He really isn't fit yet imo.

For me.

1. Martins - Roeder

2. Enrique - Allardyce

3. Barton - Allardyce

Call it insight.

Absolutely not a chance in hell that he's fully fit. But he's well on the way.

In terms of 'for the team', giving him ninety minutes in the last two games didn't work at all, but on an individual level it'll have helped him massively. I'd have him on the bench for Sunderland the next one, though.

For me.

1. Martins - Roeder

2. Enrique - Allardyce

3. Barton - Allardyce

Call it insight.

he really isnt, and i think he will shine and prove himself to be a giant in our midfield.(hopefully)

next vs sunderland would be a good opportunity for a geremi/barton or barton/emre :)

Guest DazzaNufc1892

souness - Albert luque (single handedly burnt out 3 newcastle-online boards, must have been a sensation), otherwise tim krul

roeder - martins

allardyce - cacapa

Souness: Solano (It could be Owen, but he hasn't played enough)

Roeder: Martins (Honourable mention for Monsieur Le Sib)

Allardyce: So far, Rozehnal.  But I'm seriously hoping Barton comes good.

What about Sir Bobby?  I'd say Robert.  But you could make a case for Bellamy or Woodgate. 

Guest optimistic nit

In chronological order:

Owen -- Souness

Martins -- Roeder

Faye -- Allardyce

Honorable Mention -- Rozenhal -- Allardyce

Owen, because he is top class, a great sign of Newcastle's ambition to be a team worthy of such a quality player  and he will contribute a lot of goals once he gets service.

Martins, Roeder's best signing.  Simple as.

Faye, who I think will be a great addition to the back four, and could be immense there for Newcastle (who had a lot of problems in central defence for the last few seasons).  It was close with Rozenhal, who has been quite impressive to me, though.

Is this a retard thread? How has Owen been a good purchase? he cost 17m and has played about 17 games in 2 years.

aye. also not mentioning cacapa :lol: on a free :lol:

Guest rebel_yell12
Quote from: Enrique on Yesterday at 07:16:02 PM

Quote from: rebel_yell12 on Yesterday at 07:14:46 PM

In chronological order:

Owen -- Souness

Martins -- Roeder

Faye -- Allardyce

Owen, because he is top class, a great sign of Newcastle's ambition to be a team worthy of such a quality player and he will contribute a lot of goals once he gets service.

Martins, Roeder's best signing. Simple as.

Faye, who I think will be a great addition to the back four, and could be immense there for Newcastle (who had a lot of problems in central defence for the last few seasons). It was close with Rozenhal, who has been quite impressive to me, though.

Is this a retard thread? How has Owen been a good purchase? he cost 17m and has played about 17 games in 2 years.

Well, pretty sure I'm not a retard since I've graduated with three university degrees in 7 years and am currently on my PhD work...so, I say it's not a retard thread. I realise education does not always equal footballing sense, but it may indicate I'm not a complete idiot.

I thought I spelled out my reason for listing Owen, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Owen has done little for Newcastle (but then, so have two of my others -- Rozenhal and Faye) but I am looking towards the future. I think Owen WILL BE a great player for Newcastle, and the same for both Rozenhal and Faye. Martins has potential to be quite good as well. Owen's latest run indicates a return to full fitness (finally) and I think it's a short matter of time before he gets back to his old scoring ways assuming the midfield gets sorted.

1. Martins - the best signing for me over any other player (within the last three managers).

2. Emre - Too injury prone i agree but fantastic when fit imo

3. Enrique - Too early to judge possibly, but so far think he looks just what we've needed for a long long time at LB.

Cacapa - , early days yet hopefully sat. was just a blip, i hope he will not do a Boumsong on us and fall to pieces.

Roze - is great on the deck but really needs to work on his strength/heading game.

Faye - looks good to me so far. We will need him to mark a few of the 'Big Man' type strikers.

Beye - too early to judge him but certainly way better than car.

Viduka - I think is too slow and too easily marked out the game, although will have his token good game now and again.

Smith - Good up front but not so great in midfield and not a winger.

Barton - Hasn't had a decent game for us yet in the prem.

Owen - too injury prone and fragile for me, i'm convinced his next injury is just round the corner.

After a great start, the wheels have come off for Alladyce, he needs to concentrate more on attacking (like Pompey do) especially against weaker teams like derby and Reading ffs.

In chronological order:

Owen -- Souness

Martins -- Roeder

Faye -- Allardyce

Owen, because he is top class, a great sign of Newcastle's ambition to be a team worthy of such a quality player  and he will contribute a lot of goals once he gets service.

Martins, Roeder's best signing.  Simple as.

Faye, who I think will be a great addition to the back four, and could be immense there for Newcastle (who had a lot of problems in central defence for the last few seasons).  It was close with Rozenhal, who has been quite impressive to me, though.

aye. also not mentioning cacapa :lol: on a free :lol:

"regardless of value"

How can the title say regards of value when the thread title also says "purchases". Also you cant say someone was a good transfer or if they werent and not take value into account i mean if Cacapa and Owen both were £10mill each, Owen would win hands down, Owen was £17mill and Cacapa was free, therefore Cacapa is the better signing.