Value For Money Signings

Tooj

also want to say Faustino Asprilla due to some incredible performances but can't remember his fee so maybe not

Oh no he didn't.

You'll struggle to find many better individual performances than Tinos against West Ham in 96 like. Not my favourite player but credit where its due.

No I meant oh no he didn't, as in oh no he didn't nominate him, as Tino's performances were few and far between for my liking.

Was that the 4-0 win when he scored that lovely chip over Les Sealey? :)

3-0 wasn't it?

We had 30 shots at goal or something like that.

also want to say Faustino Asprilla due to some incredible performances but can't remember his fee so maybe not

Oh no he didn't.

You'll struggle to find many better individual performances than Tinos against West Ham in 96 like. Not my favourite player but credit where its due.

No I meant oh no he didn't, as in oh no he didn't nominate him, as Tino's performances were few and far between for my liking.

3-0 wasn't it?

I always thought it was 4 and we had 40 or something. :lol:

Oh no he didn't.

3-0 and he tore them to bits. Lovely pass for Alberts goal too. You're right that he was erratic but by fuck could he play when he fancied it. Shame he did it so infrequently.

How much did we pay for Beresford?

£650,000 iirc Good buy but he did get the boo boys on his back a bit in our first season back in the Prem. Good player for us though. Talked to Bryan Robson at the beginning of the 1995/96 season and he reckoned the only reason we wouldnt win it was our lack of quality in the fullback positions. Might have had a point in retrospect.

Oh no he didn't.

3-0 and he tore them to bits. Lovely pass for Alberts goal too. You're right that he was erratic but by fuck could he play when he fancied it. Shame he did it so infrequently.

That goal vs Metz is probably my fav Tino goal mind, loved the celebration with the corner flag as well.

Oh no he didn't.

3-0 wasn't it?

More than that! It was like Pros against a school team at times. We took the piss rather than go for them in the end.

Oh no he didn't.

3-0 wasn't it?

I always thought it was 4 and we had 40 or something. :lol:

Pretty sure youre right on the 40 odd shots but sadly we had to make do with the most one sided 3-0 mauling I ever so us give out. Could have been double figures.

Dyer....

No, seriously Gallagher did a good job, but was only a stop gap. Given obviously, Solano obviously, Zoggy so far.

Dyer did a lot more for the club than N'Zogbia has tbf. People write off the good parts but he was a far better young player than any of the kids we have now.

Dyer....

No, seriously Gallagher did a good job, but was only a stop gap. Given obviously, Solano obviously, Zoggy so far.

Dyer did a lot more for the club than N'Zogbia has tbf. People write off the good parts but he was a far better young player than any of the kids we have now.

picked up massive pay cheques in the end with no end product and will mostly be remember for throwing away armbands and fighting. A young prospect under robson he was great value never in a million years

Dyer....

picked up massive pay cheques in the end with no end product and will mostly be remember for throwing away armbands and fighting. A young prospect under robson he was great value never in a million years

7 goals last year wasn't it?

I'll be surprised if his replacement Smith gets that many over the length of his contract here.

Dyer....

I'll be surprised if his replacement Smith gets that many over the length of his contract here.

rather have a work horse than one who has electric pace but then oh wait my legs arent working again dyer

Dyer....

rather have a work horse than one who has electric pace but then oh wait my legs arent working again dyer

mackems.gif

Guest elbee909

Hasn't anyone said Andy Cole yet?  Bloody hell, I will then.  Andy Cole (Andrew my arse) - £1.75 million, but bloody good value and a fair profit.

Dyer....

See thats not how I remember him. I remember him murdering Leeds, setting up the winner against Feyenoord. Being the only thing worth watching in 2 season of utter pap from 1999-2001. Being an integral part of a side that played well for 2 seasons and doing well in another. 8 years he was here and people seem hellbent on forgetting the parts when he was way way way better than anything we have now in midfield. By a country mile, sadly. He had his knobhead moments but it is mindless to corrupt the past with nonsense on this scale. His time was up but he was well worth the fee we paid.

Dyer....

:lol: Tell me you havent reached your 18th birthday yet please. Then it might make some sense.

Dyer....

See thats not how I remember him. I remember him murdering Leeds, setting up the winner against Feyenoord. Being the only thing worth watching in 2 season of utter pap from 1999-2001. Being an integral part of a side that played well for 2 seasons and doing well in another. 8 years he was here and people seem hellbent on forgetting the parts when he was way way way better than anything we have now in midfield. By a country mile, sadly. He had his knobhead moments but it is mindless to corrupt the past with nonsense on this scale. His time was up but he was well worth the fee we paid.

guess we will have to agree to disagree then as soon as he got his new contract of supposedly 80k a week and before that when he was living it up down the toon with the rest of us banging anything that moved his performances on the pitch (when he managed to get on the pitch) were very rarely any good in terms of him being our attacking midfielder he had the pace but he had no end product one or two exceptions there is no point murdering defenders and the passing the ball back to them or knocking it out of play. I will never forget his own goal I cant remember the game he was at one of the posts and he had his hands behind his back and basically looked at the ball with a half leg sugestively pulled out at the last second to see it go past him.

poor player for 6mill plus the over the top wages

Dyer....

:lol: Tell me you havent reached your 18th birthday yet please. Then it might make some sense.

sorry to give you a cheap laugh but with having dyslexia I sometimes struggle to be as elequent as some of you but I forgot my quotation marks, point still stands dyer spent too much time on the treatment table in his last 2-3 seasons with us if we didnt get the transfer fee we did from westham and he eventually left on a free I would have still been glad to see the back of him

Dyer....

sorry to give you a cheap laugh but with having dyslexia I sometimes struggle to be as elequent as some of you but I forgot my quotation marks, point still stands dyer spent too much time on the treatment table in his last 2-3 seasons with us if we didnt get the transfer fee we did from westham and he eventually left on a free I would have still been glad to see the back of him

Dyslexia means you are 18 or not? Just curious.

Dyer....

Dyslexia means you are 18 or not? Just curious.

none of your business is my answer