Breaking news of worldwide importance about fackin Spuhhhs!

Martin Lol

I've got to ask, why the f*** would you need 11 pitches?

Its probably one more pitch then Arsenal have in there training complex.  When you live in the shadow of much more successful clubs you have to take success where you can find it you know ;)

Or were just building for the future with a new state of the art training facility that should help youngsters such as Pekhart, Dixon, Taarabt, Rose and Dervitte develop faster and better :thup:

Perhaps, just think if you hadn't bought Darren Bent you could have had twenty pitches and free mental treatment for the likes of Jenas..

Guest kingdawson

Its probably one more pitch then Arsenal have in there training complex.  When you live in the shadow of much more successful clubs you have to take success where you can find it you know ;)

Or were just building for the future with a new state of the art training facility that should help youngsters such as Pekhart, Dixon, Taarabt, Rose and Dervitte develop faster and better :thup:

Perhaps, just think if you hadn't bought Darren Bent you could have had twenty pitches and free mental treatment for the likes of Jenas..

Nah im happy with Darren Bent thanks.

Oh and this news is coming from Darren on the FTL message board, Mr Jol here loves to claim someone else's info as his own.

I posted here following the announcement on the Official site.  Never claimed it as my own as usual because only very rarely is it my own.

................. Planning permission for the new Academy and training facilities has been approved tonight.

State of the art, 11 pitches in 30 odd acres costing £33m and clears the way for the future of WHL to be resolved.

http://admin.tottenhamhotspur.com/docstore/FINAL.brochure.07.09.28.la.pdf

As soon as i read it i went out straight to the nearest boozer in celebration. Just got back in, and still can't believe it.

KD sorta deserves a break. He's been a decent poster of late, hasn't been a WUM, but actually as an intellgent (ish) poster.

Better than MJ anyway :razz:

Our new academy/training ground opened last month and has something like 10 full size pitches as well as smaller ones, an indoor one and "goalkeeper training areas" whatever the hell they are. I always thought a normal pitch with a net on would suffice for a keeper.

Our new academy/training ground opened last month and has something like 10 full size pitches as well as smaller ones, an indoor one and "goalkeeper training areas" whatever the hell they are. I always thought a normal pitch with a net on would suffice for a keeper.

Bouncy castles.

Breaking News of Worldwide Importance about fackin Citehhhh?  :ninja:

Most probably don't care. Not really that interesting, not worth a new thread. But maybe a little insight into how the impact made by Thaksin goes beyond writing a cheque for Elano.

City launching global alliance

Manchester City is launching a global alliance with top clubs from around the world.

The Club are announcing a series of partnership agreements with teams on several continents, starting with Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua, who City played on their pre-season tour of August 2006. ((When Ben Thatcher put one of their players in hospital with a collapsed lung))

The co-operation programme will see City share knowledge with its partners in many areas, and the Club is also announcing plans to launch an MCFC Academy in China.

Commenting on these plans, City Chairman Dr Thaksin Shinawatra says: "I want young players from all around the world, and particularly young Asian players, to aspire to play for Manchester City, and to develop the structures and means for them to do so."

City will help its new partners at this grassroots level through coaching exchanges and youth tournaments. Coaching and player analysis techniques, improving player rehabilitation and help with training facilities are also just some of the areas that the Club will share its expertise on. Ties between City and the other clubs will also be strengthened through improved commercial and marketing opportunities and initiatives.

The Club is also pleased to announce partnership agreements with Thanda Royal Zulu FC of Durban, South Africa, and FC Moscow.

I'm not what "Partnership" means tbh.

But wve already launced Chinese and Thai versions of our official website this season. Proper ones that get updated every day. (mcfc.co.th? Catchy)

Mugs of the world unite. And give us all your lovely money.

Sometimes I just get the feeling that the people in charge of our club really know what they are doing.

................. Planning permission for the new Academy and training facilities has been approved tonight.

State of the art, 11 pitches in 30 odd acres costing £33m and clears the way for the future of WHL to be resolved.

http://admin.tottenhamhotspur.com/docstore/FINAL.brochure.07.09.28.la.pdf

Didn't think that would get the go-ahead to be honest. I thought that those in the council who would have seen it through had their hands tied due to a conflict of interest? Come as a bit of a surprise that....

Guest johnnyappleseed

I'm betting Arsenal have 10 pitches in there training complex.. :)

I suppose when you live in the shadow of much more successful clubs you have to take success where you can find it :D

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=The+Club&article=344346&Title=Training+Ground

In all, there are ten full-size pitches at the site, all of which have undersoil drainage and an automated sprinkler system. In addition, two have undersoil heating. Each pitch is built to the exact specifications of the playing surface at Emirates Stadium (having originally been the same size as the Highbury pitch). Three of the pitches are reserved for the Arsenal youth team, three for the reserves and three for the first team. The tenth pitch is the ‘match pitch’ where first team friendlies and Under-18 league fixtures are played.

I'm betting Arsenal have 10 pitches in there training complex.. :)

I suppose when you live in the shadow of much more successful clubs you have to take success where you can find it :D

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=The+Club&article=344346&Title=Training+Ground

In all, there are ten full-size pitches at the site, all of which have undersoil drainage and an automated sprinkler system. In addition, two have undersoil heating. Each pitch is built to the exact specifications of the playing surface at Emirates Stadium (having originally been the same size as the Highbury pitch). Three of the pitches are reserved for the Arsenal youth team, three for the reserves and three for the first team. The tenth pitch is the match pitch where first team friendlies and Under-18 league fixtures are played.

:lol:

Breaking News of Worldwide Importance about fackin Citehhhh?  :ninja:

Most probably don't care. Not really that interesting, not worth a new thread. But maybe a little insight into how the impact made by Thaksin goes beyond writing a cheque for Elano.

City launching global alliance

Manchester City is launching a global alliance with top clubs from around the world.

The Club are announcing a series of partnership agreements with teams on several continents, starting with Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua, who City played on their pre-season tour of August 2006. ((When Ben Thatcher put one of their players in hospital with a collapsed lung))

The co-operation programme will see City share knowledge with its partners in many areas, and the Club is also announcing plans to launch an MCFC Academy in China.

Commenting on these plans, City Chairman Dr Thaksin Shinawatra says: "I want young players from all around the world, and particularly young Asian players, to aspire to play for Manchester City, and to develop the structures and means for them to do so."

City will help its new partners at this grassroots level through coaching exchanges and youth tournaments. Coaching and player analysis techniques, improving player rehabilitation and help with training facilities are also just some of the areas that the Club will share its expertise on. Ties between City and the other clubs will also be strengthened through improved commercial and marketing opportunities and initiatives.

The Club is also pleased to announce partnership agreements with Thanda Royal Zulu FC of Durban, South Africa, and FC Moscow.

I'm not what "Partnership" means tbh.

But wve already launced Chinese and Thai versions of our official website this season. Proper ones that get updated every day. (mcfc.co.th? Catchy)

Mugs of the world unite. And give us all your lovely money.

Sometimes I just get the feeling that the people in charge of our club really know what they are doing.

The scum had a partnership with Beveren but still have several other agreements still operating, Manyoo have one with the Belgian club where they deposit their players who can't get a work permit from day one.  I would say that 3 partnerships set up would be good news for you, even if on the face of it, it doesn't look up to  much.  Spurs have partnerships with some South African team and an Ivory coast outfit  and there's talks going on with a Belgian club, FC Brussels I think, and an Aussie club.  I think the 'partnership' means that Spurs fund the African Academies getting first dibs on any players that go through the system, while the Belgian club will take some of the better youngsters for experience and also take the parked foreigners awaiting work permits.

Can only think that your partnerships will be of benefit and I've no doubt that there will be many more announced in time.  Spurs' strategy is for there to be 20 partnerships in place worldwide in time.