Thigh muscle tear for Owen, out for a month+

Guest nufc 4 life

Michael Owen must be the worst signing in the history of our football club, £17 may as well have been flushed down the toilet.

dont forget the good big spanish goalscorer  Mr.Luque,he is even bigger waste of money,how much did we get for him???nothing???

We don't know how much Luque went for or if we have had anything yet and I doubt that he was on anything like the wages that Owen is reported to be on, my guess is that Luque cost the club something like £15,000,000 to £20,000,000 in fee and wages.  Owen has cost this club over £28 million in transfer fee and wages minus whatever we got back in compensation.

Can you all just give it a fucking rest please?

This bickering is tiresome at best, and will result in people being banned. Fucking sick of it, and I'm not the only one.

Aimed at everyone btw, you all know who you are.

I didnt' see you or anyone else predicting it.

Same old Mick. Head in the sand, bring back an unambitious board that counts the pennies, doesn't attempt to buy quality/"trophy" players, and you'll be happy making excuses for them.

See my previous post. Why don't you name these "trophy" players that you think we bought, or would you prefer we sell them instead ie Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle ?

As I've said to you before, I look forward to the current board matching the Champions League qualifications, as in the eyes of people like you its all Shepherds fault we didn't do better than that. Do you accept that to challenge the teams at the top we have to buy the calibre of player that they do, yes or no ? Fairly basic stuff this, the answer is obvious to an 8 year old.

You'll never have a clue.

I'm not surprised that you didn't see the prediction regarding Owen but I know quite a few were against Owen coming here, I'm sure Wullie was as strongly against it as I was.  I'm sure we both felt that Owen was a very good player but one with injury problems and a player whose transfer fee could have been spent better.

Yes we do have to buy quality players in order to qualify for the CL, players like Owen are too risky and should be avoided, he's no good to us when he's sitting in the stands or at Chester Races while the rest of the team are in training for a game in which Owen is injured.  It was the same with Woodgate while he was here, a brilliant player but no good in the stands on match day.

Newcastle having Owen at the club is as much use as one of us having a Fereday with only 3 wheels, totally useless.

edited, in bold, to remind you of the quality of player we bought before the Halls and Shepherd brought genuine ambition to the club

This bickering is tiresome at best, and will result in people being banned. Fucking sick of it, and I'm not the only one.

Not fucking arguing about this either, so don't bother giving it all the 'it was him!' shit.

Looking at those two sets of figures for the two players, it's half of the debt that we've just paid off.  We really wouldn't have missed either player if they had decided not to come here and we could have extended the ground with the money we've spent on them, level 7 cost something like £44 million to build, scary.

Well, Dave. It is a response to Mick complaining about us buying Owen, I didn't see him predicting what he said was "predictable". Dare I say that its jus a swipe at the board ? Unless Mick says otherwise, and admits it was simply a case of buying a quality player, which the vast majority of people were happy with, in which case I would retract my response.

Do you not think my request to name these "trophy" players - assuming they think Owen is one and is not the only one - is relevant to the thread ?

I've stated my case. I think the club simply cannot be castigated in any shape or form for buying top class quality players. Who has a problem with this statement ?

Well, Dave. It is a response to Mick complaining about us buying Owen, I didn't see him predicting what he said was "predictable". Dare I say that its jus a swipe at the board ? Unless Mick says otherwise, and admits it was simply a case of buying a quality player, which the vast majority of people were happy with, in which case I would retract my response.

Do you not think my request to name these "trophy" players - assuming they think Owen is one and is not the only one - is relevant to the thread ?

I've stated my case. I think the club simply cannot be castigated in any shape or form for buying top class quality players. Who has a problem with this statement ?

The problem is that you've stated your case over and over and over and over and over and over again, and frankly, the entire forum is sick of reading the same shit argument in practically every other thread.

The bickering is so fucking tedious that it defies belief, so either keep it in one fucking place or just take it somewhere else altogether.

Michael Owen must be the worst signing in the history of our football club, £17 may as well have been flushed down the toilet.

You mean you still aren't 'pleasantly suprised' by Owen yet?

A complete waste of money for a trophy signing designed to make Fat Fred look good for a while.

A total disaster from start to finish. >:(

sheds are made from planks aren't they

Two thick short ones (to finish off your joke properly)

I'm not saying I haven't heard that many many times before tho

Anyway England can now qualify for euro 2008 thanks to those fabulous red sea pedestrians beating the russkies 2-1.

Any chance of a miracle recovery before Wednesday from magic mike so he can pull on his favourite shirt again?

Anyway England can now qualify for euro 2008 thanks to those fabulous red sea pedestrians beating the russkies 2-1.

Any chance of a miracle recovery before Wednesday from magic mike so he can pull on his favourite shirt again?

wonder who we would replace him with

Can you all just give it a f****** rest please?

This bickering is tiresome at best, and will result in people being banned. f****** sick of it, and I'm not the only one.

The problem is that you've stated your case over and over and over and over and over and over again, and frankly, the entire forum is sick of reading the same s*** argument in practically every other thread.

The bickering is so f****** tedious that it defies belief, so either keep it in one f****** place or just take it somewhere else altogether.

Absolutely, and I seem to remember having seen an Admin giving a last warning yesterday around this time in this very same thread (reactions have (un)fortunately been deleted), so I'm looking forward to a much improved forum shortly where when you open a thread it might actually be about the topic you expected...

This bickering is tiresome at best, and will result in people being banned. f****** sick of it, and I'm not the only one.

The problem is that you've stated your case over and over and over and over and over and over again, and frankly, the entire forum is sick of reading the same s*** argument in practically every other thread.

The bickering is so f****** tedious that it defies belief, so either keep it in one f****** place or just take it somewhere else altogether.

Absolutely, and I seem to remember having seen an Admin giving a last warning yesterday around this time in this very same thread (reactions have (un)fortunately been deleted), so I'm looking forward to a much improved forum shortly where when you open a thread it might actually be about the topic you expected...

So. Who do you think we will replace Owen with if he goes ?

The way I see it we've already got a better player for Owen's position in Martins. Now we need to find somebody to play alongside him. I had high hopes for a Martins/Owen partnershup but seeing as none of our players bar Emre seem capable to keep the ball down and provide through balls for those two to run onto the new partner will have to be somebody with the ball both in the air and on the ground and somebody we can rely on scoring a good 15 goals a season. These players are obviously hard to come by, but we can´t go too wrong with somebody like Anelka or maybe Crouch.

It will now be best for both parties if Owen leaves.

He has been a great player for 9 years, but it does appear that he will always pick up these injuries, esp playing for England.

I remain convinced about his ability AND his commitment - I don't believe for one minute that he actually wanted to miss all the games he has for NUFC, but we cannot have a situation like this happening, esp as we are not playing with any pattern or conviction anyway.

It is a sad business, but more so for NUFC - we are unlikely to get anything like a decent price for him, probably half what he could potentially be worth - but clubs like Man U could afford to have him out for a few weeks because they have such a load of talent anyway. We do NOT, and we need our best players on the pitch as often as possible ; if a club like Man U DID sign him, the appearances he did make could possibly mean the difference between title and second place....

Lack of appearances for us simply means less chance of us scoring....

If he goes, we will need to replace him, and replace him with the best striker available - I am not convinced that anyone currently playing for NUFC will be able to score regularly, but that is as much a condemnation of the lack of real chances being created in the past few games as criticism of other strikers.

I believe the best replacement we have any hope of getting could be Ashton, but it may be summer before that could happen - my choice would be Huntelaar, but I don't think we have a prayer.

Not as good as Kuyt according to me Dutch mate. Think again.

He wouldn't be a Feyenoord fan by any chance...!??

Before Bergkamp joined Arsenal, I had a big disagreement with another member of the Magpie Group who thought he was over-rated, whilst I thought he was excellent ; 12 years later, I still remember that conversation,and I reckon my mate finally had to concede when he watched Bergkamp make a total monkey of Dabizas at SJP - and he was past his best by then..

Lets see how Huntelaar does this season....

The way I see it we've already got a better player for Owen's position in Martins. Now we need to find somebody to play alongside him. I had high hopes for a Martins/Owen partnershup but seeing as none of our players bar Emre seem capable to keep the ball down and provide through balls for those two to run onto the new partner will have to be somebody with the ball both in the air and on the ground and somebody we can rely on scoring a good 15 goals a season. These players are obviously hard to come by, but we can´t go too wrong with somebody like Anelka or maybe Crouch.

Did you see Martins playing for Nigeria against Australia at Fulham ?

Hardly got a kick - even when he did miscue a shot, Schwartzer saved the deflection...

Hardly in the match at all - made one good run and cross on the left wing which could have resulted in a goal, but otherwise did nothing.

He would not be a replacement for Owen - we need a more physical forward with better control.

Well I said after his last injury he'd just break down again with another similar one and here we are again. Does anyone in the NUFC physiotherapy department have any idea about the root cause of injuries, or do they just worry about fixing them and shoving them back out on the park again asap?

What a laugh. We're paying this guy 100k a week and we are too stingy to send him off to a world class biomech lab to get his body analysed to find out what is wrong with him and causing these strains.

Newsflash for NUFC physio team: Repeated strains and injuries in one area indicate a weakness somewhere else in the body, leading to muscles like the groin/hamstring having too much to do and hence breaking down. Fixing the strain will not fix the problem. Did any of them even go to university or did they all major in 'shoving players back onto the park for the gaffer a week early'?

The white elephant on the sick again ?

Liverpool fans had the cheek to whine when he came to us ?

They should have been ecstatic, and thanking us from the bottom of their dustbin-dwelling beings.

Well I said after his last injury he'd just break down again with another similar one and here we are again. Does anyone in the NUFC physiotherapy department have any idea about the root cause of injuries, or do they just worry about fixing them and shoving them back out on the park again asap?

What a laugh. We're paying this guy 100k a week and we are too stingy to send him off to a world class biomech lab to get his body analysed to find out what is wrong with him and causing these strains.

Newsflash for NUFC physio team: Repeated strains and injuries in one area indicate a weakness somewhere else in the body, leading to muscles like the groin/hamstring having too much to do and hence breaking down. Fixing the strain will not fix the problem. Did any of them even go to university or did they all major in 'shoving players back onto the park for the gaffer a week early'?

He needs a Dyer type checkup.

Martins is not in the same class as Owen, or the Owen we bought, and one or two spectacular pot shots won't change that, and neither does it make up for far too many disappearing acts either.