England 2 - 3 Croatia = FAIL and will not win the World Cup!1!!11

Martin Lol

Guest kingdawson

Crouch played well.

Althogh i rate him, i dont think he played well yesterday. The guy is 6'7 and won hardly anything in the air in the last 20 minutes.

Crouch played well.

Althogh i rate him, i dont think he played well yesterday. The guy is 6'7 and won hardly anything in the air in the last 20 minutes.

To give him some credit, he was fucking cattled after having to play half the game upfront on his own in a mudbath. He should have been taken off not long after scoring. Also, I thought the quality of the long balls late on was very poor. It was hit and hope stuff.

Guest kingdawson

Crouch played well.

To give him some credit, he was f****** cattled after having to play half the game upfront on his own in a mudbath. He should have been taken off not long after scoring. Also, I thought the quality of the long balls late on was very poor. It was hit and hope stuff.

agreed.

Cant see why anyone is blaming the players, they all looked to have given it a decent go. The manager is 100% to blame, the FA have known it was an enormous mistake for a while hence the stories last week about 'too many foreign player in the prem' which i think has again been repeated. Utter shite and its the FA feeding these stories into the press (the quotes were from Gerrard when on England duty) to distract us from the fact that Barwick fucked up royally. Whether he got us there or not it was clear as day we were never going to win it.

Sven would have got us there but just getting there was meant to be a minimum, so after Sven they were meant to appoint an even better manager that had the capability of not just getting there but winning it too. The appointment was a fucking joke and heads should roll at the FA not just within the managerial team.

it was a shite performance and we didnt deserve to go through

carson was to blame for their first goal, he was shite except that save from the corner

We? People will start to think you care using words like that :razz:

it was a s**** performance and we didnt deserve to go through

carson was to blame for their first goal, he was s**** except that save from the corner

We? People will start to think you care using words like that :razz:

:razz: im english so when i talk about them i say 'we', i cant help it  :cheesy:

Is anyone saying Lescott wasn't s**** though? I think the less experienced players have, quite rightly imo, came in for less criticism than the likes of Lampard and Gerrard. And Lescott wasn't even the worst England defender on the night.

He hasnt actually been mentioned, thats the thing.  players should not receive less criticsm just because they are less experienced. Criticism should be dealt out to the players who performed badly with the worst offenders getting the most criticsm. Carson should be Criticised because of his mistake for the first goal and he should have also saved the third goal to (not do a Robinson and dive a minute after the ball hits the net). Lescott was utter toilet and his positioning the whole game was s**** (as was Richards tbh). Only bridge and Lampard were on par with Lescott yesterday imo.

Lescott never had a good game but he wasn't as bad as you're making out. Bridge was by far the worst England defender, it was the worst performance I've seen in an international match for a long time.

Micah Richards' positioning was probably worse and Campbell was no better than Lescott... the two of them were average.

He's had two below par performances this season and both times you've come onto this message board dying to post about how s*** he is and how great Dawson is. Nobody cares.

Guest kingdawson

Is anyone saying Lescott wasn't s**** though? I think the less experienced players have, quite rightly imo, came in for less criticism than the likes of Lampard and Gerrard. And Lescott wasn't even the worst England defender on the night.

He hasnt actually been mentioned, thats the thing.  players should not receive less criticsm just because they are less experienced. Criticism should be dealt out to the players who performed badly with the worst offenders getting the most criticsm. Carson should be Criticised because of his mistake for the first goal and he should have also saved the third goal to (not do a Robinson and dive a minute after the ball hits the net). Lescott was utter toilet and his positioning the whole game was s**** (as was Richards tbh). Only bridge and Lampard were on par with Lescott yesterday imo.

Lescott never had a good game but he wasn't as bad as you're making out. Bridge was by far the worst England defender, it was the worst performance I've seen in an international match for a long time.

Micah Richards' positioning was probably worse and Campbell was no better than Lescott... the two of them were average.

He's had two below par performances this season and both times you've come onto this message board dying to post about how s*** he is and how great Dawson is. Nobody cares.

Get over yourself mate. Tbh i do not ever remember criticising Lescott before and I definatly dont remeber ever bigging up Dawson this season. People just go on the fact that my username is KINGdawson. Your God Lescott was beyond shite and Brown should have started ahead of him get over it :thup:.

carson was to blame for their first goal, he was s**** except that save from the corner

That save from the corner wasnt even that good. Hit him straight in the chest whilst he was shoving his hands out to the right - knew nothing about it.

That save from the corner wasnt even that good. Hit him straight in the chest whilst he was shoving his hands out to the right - knew nothing about it.

Good positioning is part of good goalkeeping. His positioning was perfect as it happens.

Good positioning is part of good goalkeeping. His positioning was perfect as it happens.

Depends on the viewpoint. Good positioning, or a shot that was straight at him?

Fluke save imo, one that is being exaggerated and called a great save because of sympathy for a young keeper who had an absolute mare.

Crouch played well.

To give him some credit, he was f****** cattled after having to play half the game upfront on his own in a mudbath. He should have been taken off not long after scoring. Also, I thought the quality of the long balls late on was very poor. It was hit and hope stuff.

I am historically not a Crouch fan. However, after seeing his performance on Wednesday the man is a mountain up there, he played a classy CF's game and at times reminded me of Shearer. With the right man beside him we could have done some real damage from the start. His goal was sublime, and so was the ball from Beckham.

Depends on the viewpoint. Good positioning, or a shot that was straight at him?

Fluke save imo, one that is being exaggerated and called a great save because of sympathy for a young keeper who had an absolute mare.

I wouldn't say it was a great save because he didn't know much about it but his positioning was good at the same time :thup:

Crouch played well.

I am historically not a Crouch fan. However, after seeing his performance on Wednesday the man is a mountain up there, he played a classy CF's game and at times reminded me of Shearer. With the right man beside him we could have done some real damage from the start. His goal was sublime, and so was the ball from Beckham.

His knock downs have no accuracy. The fact that noone was there alongside him in the first half masked that - otherwise, hed be setting up goals left, right and centre because of his height meaning he's regularly the favourite to win a long ball. Hence, why with both Defoe and Bent next to him, he did very little - I wouldnt be suprised if the Croatians let him win the early aerial balls since they knew he was isolated, compared to the second half when the other forwards came on and he started to struggle to find a teamate with his headers.

Good on the deck though.

Guest optimistic nit

Crouch played well.

crouch and shearer is a comparison that should never be made again, they are NOTHING alike in any way.

Beckham is finished as a player and shouldn't be anywhere near the International squad imo. If you don't agree, fair enough. :)

I agree with you. He's seeing out his retirement playing fat knackers in California. If we're turning to him in moments of need, then we really are f*****.

I know his cross for Crouch was excellent yesterday, but I don't care, he should have stayed dropped when McClown dropped him in the first place.

The worst thing last night was the level of desperation in general. It was desperate. Desperate.

Bang on.  blueyes.gif

Thing is, he's now stuck on 99 caps.... :rolleyes:

I'm with you guys - Beckham should have been dropped from the squad in 2004 after his disastrous Euro Championships display in Portugal.

He is grossly over-rated as an England skipper and also now, as a player.

McClown picked him again because of Press pressure and showed himself to be weak,,

There is a hell of a job waiting for whoever gets the England job - its all gone to hell in a handcart...

Crouch played well.

crouch and shearer is a comparison that should never be made again, they are NOTHING alike in any way.

Your opinion, I thought Crouch had a great game. Crouch will never be the legend that Shearer was / is, but at the end of the day they're both centre forwards, of course there are similarities, you dipstick.

P.S I used the word "reminded me of" with the context being based around a single performance. Quite different from your amusing interpretation.