England 2 - 3 Croatia = FAIL and will not win the World Cup!1!!11

Martin Lol

http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Images/Steve-McClarenITV.jpg

CENT

sorry Cath

obviuosly a "u" but an "a" is apt

That's right, I hear McLaren's book 'McLaren On Tactics' can now be picked up for as little as €.01!

Carson is a 22 year old, making his second start only a few days after his debut in a meaningless friendly.

Yet he pitches him in to the most important game England have played in years, while he's got David James who - clanger prone though he may be - has enormous experience of playing in high pressure matches.

I hope Carson doesn't get crucified for this. He's a kid, and he's been excellent for us this year. And he pulled off two excellent saves later on.

We lost to Croatia because they were better than us. We didn't qualify because over the course of the qualification campaign, we were far from good enough, as bobyule says.

Just look at that picture of McLaren with his useless ginger hair and his great big rabbit teeth. It's not his fault you know. There's as much point blaming Steve as there was blaming Roeder. No no no, there's only one man to blame for this catastrophe: Brian Barwick.

Guest LucaAltieri

Carson is a 22 year old, making his second start only a few days after his debut in a meaningless friendly.

Yet he pitches him in to the most important game England have played in years, while he's got David James who - clanger prone though he may be - has enormous experience of playing in high pressure matches.

I hope Carson doesn't get crucified for this. He's a kid, and he's been excellent for us this year. And he pulled off two excellent saves later on.

We lost to Croatia because they were better than us. We didn't qualify because over the course of the qualification campaign, we were far from good enough, as bobyule says.

It amazes you doesn't it...

He gives Robinson the benefit of the doubt for far too long, eventually comes to his senses... "Robinson dropped"... the whole country lets out a sigh of relief.

"Now who do I replace him with for the most important game of my England career? ...David, 'in form, ton of experience at every level' James. or Scot '22 year old, 1 friendly' Carson"

Seems a straight forward choice for anyone to make, but he manages to get it wrong.

:nope:

It amazes you doesn't it...

He gives Robinson the benefit of the doubt for far too long, eventually comes to his senses... "Robinson dropped"... the whole country lets out a sigh of relief.

"Now who do I replace him with for the most important game of my England career? ...David, 'in form, ton of experience at every level' James. or Scot '22 year old, 1 friendly' Carson"

Seems a straight forward choice for anyone to make, but he manages to get it wrong.

:nope:

Yep. Also would think him and Campbell would be more comfortable together seeing as they play together.

How senile was Motson? Woeful commentary, as per usual.

"That was a soft penalty just given to England there, but it was definately a penalty. You know things in football tend to even themselves out? Well this makes up for the penalty England were awarded when Rooney was taken down from outside the box."

Such logic! :lol:

He's a prize tit.

Did you hear when he said that the Croatians would be pleased with how their anthem had been "respected" by the England fans? I say "said", but he actually had to shout it over the deafening noise of the boos and whistling that had yet to subside from the dignified silence with which the England fans had greeted the Croatian anthem. :lol:

Dick.

Guest Ridzuan

Steve made the right decision to drop Robinson but he made the wrong decision to use Carson in the Croatia match.Yes hes young and he has been impressive at his club level,but yesterday was a very important match and Steve shouldnt have taken a huge gamble.Instead,he should have pick other players like David James to replace Paul.And dropping Beckham was another mistake.He was influential when he came on.Overall,it was a disappointing performance for England,not just in the match but in the entire tournament as well.I kind of feel sorry for him sometimes,but thats how the world of football is.Im not exactly an England supporter,Im an Italian supporter.I only support England because of Owen and Smith.Now let us see who will be the next England manager.

Steve made the right decision to drop Robinson but he made the wrong decision to use Carson in the Croatia match.Yes hes young and he has been impressive at his club level,but yesterday was a very important match and Steve shouldnt have taken a huge gamble.Instead,he should have pick other players like David James to replace Paul.And dropping Beckham was another mistake.He was influential when he came on.Overall,it was a disappointing performance for England,not just in the match but in the entire tournament as well.I kind of feel sorry for him sometimes,but thats how the world of football is.Im not exactly an England supporter,Im an Italian supporter.I only support England because of Owen and Smith.Now let us see who will be the next England manager.

An Italy fan from Singapore, whatever next. ;)

Guest Ridzuan

An Italy fan from Singapore, whatever next. ;)

The people here supports European international teams more than they support our national team you know.So,I dont feel bad though of course,Im a few people here who wants to see their national team do well too.

Well... at least Owen can't get injured playing for England next summer.

I apologize if this is already been said (I don't have the time to read 30+ pages of this thread) but what particularly annoys me is that Steve made England play a meaningless friendly on Friday night and didn't learn a thing from it. On Friday, just like tonight and every other time that Crouch has scored for England, it has been because he's linked up with Beckham. 100% or not, if you're going to play Crouch alone up front and play the style of football he decided to play, Beckham should have been out there from the start.

So, instead of learning from that friendly against Austria that the Beckham / Crouch link up gets goals, he drops Becks, and all he accomplished from that waste of time was to get his (and OUR) #1 striker injured.

I'm not surprised England have failed to qualify.  McClaren is way out of his depth (he struggled at Boro to keep them up from season to season).  As time has gone by he's been exposed as a man promoted above his station.  He has that Eriksson patented 'rabbit in the headlights' look about him too.

England were outfought, outplayed, outpassed, outthought, outclassed.  The defence were a shambles, the midfield absent without leave and our tactics consisted of lumping it up to the big lad, without anyone being there to pick up the knock downs and flick ons.  It was embarrassing to watch, as I did, with some Croatians who were incredulous about the way we played at Wembley.  You can talk about Carson's mistakes but the team was poor throughout - that's down to McClaren and how he prepared the team;  the back line may lack pace but they also made basic mistakes and let the other team run and shoot at us at will.  And why pick Lampard and Gerrard to play together when they have never ever worked in the same team?

High time for McClaren to go.  And the FA should take a long hard look at themselves before they appoint another mediocre yes man.

I'm not surprised England have failed to qualify.  McClaren is way out of his depth (he struggled at Boro to keep them up from season to season).  As time has gone by he's been exposed as a man promoted above his station.  He has that Eriksson patented 'rabbit in the headlights' look about him too.

England were outfought, outplayed, outpassed, outthought, outclassed.  The defence were a shambles, the midfield absent without leave and our tactics consisted of lumping it up to the big lad, without anyone being there to pick up the knock downs and flick ons.  It was embarrassing to watch, as I did, with some Croatians who were incredulous about the way we played at Wembley.  You can talk about Carson's mistakes but the team was poor throughout - that's down to McClaren and how he prepared the team;  the back line may lack pace but they also made basic mistakes and let the other team run and shoot at us at will.  And why pick Lampard and Gerrard to play together when they have never ever worked in the same team?

High time for McClaren to go.  And the FA should take a long hard look at themselves before they appoint another mediocre yes man.

Spot on.

But they'll carry on running around in ever decreasing circles.

41 years of hurt...never stop believing. Yeah, right. :(

While hindsight is a wonderful thing, can anyone honestly say that they thought 'before' the game that he really should have played James instead of Carson?

James is having a good season, so is Campbell, but Campbell (as with just about all of them last night) had a mare, and that can't be put down to lack of experience can it?

The fact of it is that it doesn't matter what the experience of a goalie is, he should be expected no matter how much he may be suffering from nerves to do the absolute basics which is get your body behind the ball, Carson didn't and he/we paid the price, which 'then' went on to give him the shits for the rest of the half. He was ok from the time onwards he'd made that save earlyish second half.

Motson won't last out til the next major international tournament. Every cloud...

Lets hope so.

Some of the Beckham wankfest comments he made were even more over the top than usual.

Sack him and that camp fart Lawrenceson and get some commentators who will say it like it is and stop making pathetic excuses when players are inept.

Darren Bent was thru on goal and fucked his shot up. This was described as 'unlucky' by these 2 clowns.

It wasn't 'unlucky' it was inaccurate - so why not say so?

You don't need luck to hit an 8 foot by 8 yard target from 10 yards when you are getting paid 10s of 1000s of pounds a week.

You need a kick up the arse if you miss not sympathy.

If Beckham plays it'll be an absolute disgrace.  >:(

still feel that way ?

Absolutely. Hauling off SWP, the only one who was having any joy at all, for the ridiculously unfit Beckham. Yeah, I'll stick with it.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

It feels a bit like kicking a corpse, but what the hell.

Did anyone else wonder about the likes of Rooney, Ferdinand and Terry hanging around the dressing room as though they were an active part of the squad? Presumably McClaren thought it would be good for team spirit, but I can't imagine that they'd have had much to contribute in reality. And if you're not contributing, you're a distraction. Bit of a naive decision, I reckon.

still feel that way ?

Absolutely. Hauling off SWP, the only one who was having any joy at all, for the ridiculously unfit Beckham. Yeah, I'll stick with it.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

You seemed to have missed the small fact that Beckham actually had an assist whereas SWP for all his running produced zilch of end product in the first 45, not to mention that SWP is partially culpable for not tracking Olic all the way for the second goal. Or maybe you just have difficulty conceding to facts when it goes against your pre determined judgment of Beckham

still feel that way ?

You seemed to have missed the small fact that Beckham actually had an assist whereas SWP for all his running produced zilch of end product in the first 45, not to mention that SWP is partially culpable for not tracking Olic all the way for the second goal. Or maybe you just have difficulty conceding to facts when it goes against your pre determined judgment of Beckham

Dear me! Untwist those knickers.  :lol:

Beckham is finished as a player and shouldn't be anywhere near the International squad imo. If you don't agree, fair enough. :)