England 2 - 3 Croatia = FAIL and will not win the World Cup!1!!11

Martin Lol

Guest LucaAltieri

Tbh, I'm fucking flabbergasted McTwatface took Barry off. What, WHAT the FUCK would make him think 'Hmm... yeah, Lampard and Gerrard in the middle could really work'?

He did it for the same reason he played 4-5-1... everyone has said it won't work and the arrogant tosser feels the need to prove them wrong. Add to that list:

• Playing an unfit David Beckham
  • Putting a kid in goal for a big game
  • Using players who need the ball at their feet when playing on marsh land.

Everyone, particularly the Croatia coach, saw most of that coming. He made plans accordingly and exposed McCarlen for the utter wanker he is.

Scott Carson conceded a similar goal in June in the U-21 European Championships against Italy which cost us the match, his positioning on long rangers is all over the place. For him to be picked tonight in a game of this magnitude is criminal and McClaren wants shooting between the eyes, not just for that but for the rest of the team selection as well.

Yet again, a midfielder with a moderate amount of close control, technical ability, short ranged dribbling, and short passing in his game, in this case the relatively unproven/unknown Modric, totally dominates England's central midfield that contains players like Steven "Best Midfielder In The World" Gerrard. Thats how the central midfielder needs to play at that level - the amount of relief his mere ability to keep the ball and move with it gave to his team must have been immense compared to having a midfielder who is awkward on the ball and who's only noteable ability in that area of the pitch is to thump a long pass.

How much longer will the managers be blamed for certain players simply lacking in the requird technical ability to compete with these midfields? How many years more will it take for the likes of Gerrard to be recognised for what they are - donkeys with great ability to produce end product, but limited footballers before that?

I think this is part of the reason Rafa wanted to stick him on the wing and at least have him whip in crosses instead of thumping long balls out of the reach of his teamates all game!

Rafa recognized that Alonso and Mascherano were actually real central midfielders and not Gerrard.

possibly but neither alonso or mascherano are midfielders who can arrive late into the box and score. also the idea of whipping crosses in isn't really the continental style is it ?

Tbh, I'm fucking flabbergasted McTwatface took Barry off. What, WHAT the FUCK would make him think 'Hmm... yeah, Lampard and Gerrard in the middle could really work'?

Not just Gerrard and Lampard, but the entire WC 2006 midfield with them and Cole and Beckham.

Genius!

There was one Aston Villa player tonight who should have been one of the first names on the team sheet (not Scott Carson).

Joe Cole's like that Mr Woo, all style and no fucking substance. Hasn't done it for Chelsea for about two years but still gets picked for England as soon as he can fucking walk.

Same for Wayne Bridge, he doesn't get a game at Chelsea either yet he's playing today? How can he be expected to be in any sort of form, especially when he's being picked ahead of the player who is ahead of him in the Chelsea pecking order!?

Disgusting.

joe cole had a couple of good cameo appearances while he was still convincing sven he wasn't just a circus act. he's never been a player to impose himself on a game or play well for a given period. he flirts in and out of games, fannies about and doesn't have the pace a player of his style needs to be successful. wullie is right about him, hasn't performed for ages, turned into another damien duff tbh. wouldn't have him in the england team and wouldn't want him at newcastle either.

And another thing: why the fuck did we sit back after equalising??? Home advantage, back from the dead, we should have been on cloud nine and fucking annihilated them.

No, let's stop playing, go for a draw AGAIN with a back four that's been all over the place for 70 minutes and with Paul Robinson's shit cousin in goal.

How bad was wayne bridge today? Verging on appalling imo.

I was taking a look through the Wayne Bridge thread to see how many actually wanted us to sign him and came across this:

I think Bridge is the second best left-back in the world. He would be the signing of the summer in my opinion.

Much, much better than Baines. All Baines has over Bridge is youth.

I.. don't know what to say..

And another thing: why the fuck did we sit back after equalising??? Home advantage, back from the dead, we should have been on cloud nine and fucking annihilated them.

No, let's stop playing, go for a draw AGAIN with a back four that's been all over the place for 70 minutes and with Paul Robinson's shit cousin in goal.

said that on here about 10 mins before they scored. was tearing my hair out watching the morons sit back, let the croations have the ball and play with all the tempo of a dying nun.

I was taking a look through the Wayne Bridge thread to see how many actually wanted us to sign him and came across this:

I think Bridge is the second best left-back in the world. He would be the signing of the summer in my opinion.

just say "bridge had a mare today but he is better in all respects than baines"

We played like the away team the whole match, Wullie.  :rolleyes: tictacs by Baldwin :idiot2:

Should have an admin add that to his sig.

Think Bridge has shown himself to be a very good player, tbh. Had a fucking mare tonight, though.

As I said above, how can he be expected to be in any form when he's not getting his game in blue? Fair enough if he was genuinely the best left back in England and behind a foreigner at Chelsea, maybe you have to try and get him in, but he's behind the genuine best LB in England who was on the fucking bench!

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody tragic.

Think Bridge has shown himself to be a very good player, tbh. Had a fucking mare tonight, though.

As I said above, how can he be expected to be in any form when he's not getting his game in blue? Fair enough if he was genuinely the best left back in England and behind a foreigner at Chelsea, maybe you have to try and get him in, but he's behind the genuine best LB in England who was on the fucking bench!

It would be funny if it wasn't so bloody tragic.

I don't know. I can't explain his performance tonight. As you say, maybe he's just not up to speed at the minute.

You'd have to say that picking Carson turned out to be a big, big mistake. I thought he'd be okay, but McClaren should have been in a position to assess the lad's temperament, and he got it wrong. He gave the crucial first goal away, he never settled and that must have had a knock-on effect on the defence. He looked very quiet - he wasn't helping his defenders much.

There have been too many mistakes of that kind over the qualifying campaign, and he has to go. It's not the first time we've failed to make a major tournament, but that wasn't a particularly difficult group.