Reality testing.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have every faith in Big Sam. Once he has signed the players to fit into his favoured 4-3-3, and Duff is back from injury we will start flexing our muscle.

He is frustrating the hell out of everyone at the moment (including me) but i believe there's method to his madness.

I'd have been happy with Moyes, O'Neill or Hughes in the summer if we hadn't gone for Allardyce.

We'll be pretty much where we are now, at the end of the season, i reckon.

Alalrdyce has shown some of the quality of his transfer acumen, and its patchy to say the least.

I would have had, and still would have Allardyce out of all of them. He strikes me as the most thorough. Whoever came in was always going to have a big task on their hands getting the team to gell so quickly.

A lot of people said at the beginning of the season that they were willing to give the new manager time, but we are not even halfway through the first season in what is obviously a long term plan and people are talking about who they'd rather have.

I wouldn't touch O'Neill with a bargepole. Someone told me the other day that O'Leary actually got more points per game than O'Neill has, this while O'Leary was working under Ellis and O'Neills spent millions. He doesn't seem to have a clue in the transfer market either which is the biggest attribute you need with all the money flying around.

Mark Hughes has done by far the best job with his squad costing less than nearly all the others spent in the last transfer window.

Friedel - free, Warnock - £1.5m, Samba - 400k, Nelsen - free, Emerton - £2.5, Pedersen - £1.5m, Savage - £3m, Dunn - £2.2m, McCarthy - 2.2m, Santa Cruz - £3.3m = £16.6m (or 1 Darrent Bent)

Redknapp's done a good job at Portsmouth but he spent £20m in the summer so Hughes wins.

Didn't realise Hughes transfer activity was so astute.

tbf...Friedel and Pedersen were signed by...someone else. :ninja:

Not that astuteness matters for owt when you've got bajillions to chuck about.

Friedel, Pedersen and Emerton were all signed by Souness.

Out of those, I'd have, in order:

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

What impresses you about David Moyes?

For me very little. Wouldn't have him here as I don't think he would be suited to the pressure and big names we apparently crave.

Hughes I would have, think he is shaping into a top boss and not only can see a player, but sees a player who he can fit into his team.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

I liek the way he goes about things. He's quietly built up a nice effective little squad, containing a number of players, despite what some of us might be stupid enough to think, that are better than our equivalents.

I can't agree abotu the "big players" thing, because there is little evidence of Allardyce being any better at that, other than his abilities to get faded starts to perform relatively well.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

I liek the way he goes about things. He's quietly built up a nice effective little squad, containing a number of players, despite what some of us might be stupid enough to think, that are better than our equivalents.

I can't agree abotu the "big players" thing, because there is little evidence of Allardyce being any better at that, other than his abilities to get faded starts to perform relatively well.

Over five years.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

I would never, ever want Redknapp at my cluib, or any club I had any vestige of respect for. Ever.

Why?

Out of interest.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

I would never, ever want Redknapp at my cluib, or any club I had any vestige of respect for. Ever.

He hasn't done enough for me over 5 years.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

Over five years.

Hughes has had a few years as well.

Guest Sniffer

There's something about redknapp that i detest so I'd vener want him either. Typical cockney twat. Goes for his twatting son as well.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

He's done very well at Portsmouth, ok so they've had a few notable cash injections in his time, but still - who would have thought 5 years ago that Portsmouth would have become a very strong Premiership outfit?

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

He's done very well at Portsmouth, ok so they've had a few notable cash injections in his time, but still - who would have thought 5 years ago that Portsmouth would have become a very strong Premiership outfit?

Sorry my bad.

Was on about Moyes.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

Over five years.

yes, over a good period of time. And he's had some very good and some bad seasons. But i like him. And he looks all scary-eyed as well. Like a ginger Collina.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

Sorry my bad.

Was on about Moyes.

Fair play, not sure I agree with you though. He's had a couple of patchy periods but he's turned Everton into a pretty decent team as of late. I don't think he's the man to take them a step further though, and I'd feel the same if he was to join us.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

Over five years.

yes, over a good period of time. And he's had some very good and some bad seasons. But i like him. And he looks all scary-eyed as well. Like a ginger Collina.

Don't you see the hypocrisy in criticising Allardyce already then?

Moyes' initial signings btw:

First summer

Yobo (£1m, paid a further £4.5m the following summer)

Li Weng Fei (£200k)

Li Tei (£200k)

Juliano Rodrigo (£1.25m)

Richard Wright (£3.5m)

First January

Ibrahim Saeed (Loan)

Brian McBride (3-month loan)

Iain Turner (£50k)

Espen Baardsen (Free)

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

Sorry my bad.

Was on about Moyes.

Fair play, not sure I agree with you though. He's had a couple of patchy periods but he's turned Everton into a pretty decent team as of late. I don't think he's the man to take them a step further though, and I'd feel the same if he was to join us.

I don't think Allardyce is either, though.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

Over five years.

Don't you see the hypocrisy in critisising Allardyce already then?

Moyes initial signings btw:

First summer

Li Weng Fei (£200k)

Li Tei (£200k)

Juliano Rodrigo (£1.25m)

Richard Wright (£3.5m)

First January

Ibrahim Saeed (Loan)

Iain Turner (£50k)

Espen Baardsen (Free)

Undoubtedly, it took him a while. But he didn't spend the amounts Allardyce has. Anyway, the Moyes thing is an opinion from afar, isn't it. There is more at stake with MUFC as far as i'm concerned, so i'm more jumpy.

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

WUM

Explain yourself.

Sorry my bad.

Was on about Moyes.

I don't think Allardyce is either, though.

I agree. For now though I'd take some stability (which is what I thought Allardyce would bring to the club, so far he's proving me wrong).

Moyes

Hughes

O'Neill

Allardyce

Bruce

Redknapp

Over five years.

Don't you see the hypocrisy in critisising Allardyce already then?

Moyes initial signings btw:

First summer

Li Weng Fei (£200k)

Li Tei (£200k)

Juliano Rodrigo (£1.25m)

Richard Wright (£3.5m)

First January

Ibrahim Saeed (Loan)

Iain Turner (£50k)

Espen Baardsen (Free)

Undoubtedly, it took him a while. But he didn't spend the amounts Allardyce has. Anyway, the Moyes thing is an opinion from afar, isn't it. There is more at stake with MUFC as far as i'm concerned, so i'm more jumpy.

You're a Man Utd fan?! Explains it all. :razz: