Bothered?

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doesn't necessarily apply to you but a few on here (who are English) see it as the badge of honour Wullie mentioned imo. See Nobby for example. Could a user name be more apt btw? :razz:

why do you want everyone to care? surely it is a personal choice

I couldn't care less, hopefully Owen will now realise he has nothing to look forward to with Engerland

Doesn't necessarily apply to you but a few on here (who are English) see it as the badge of honour Wullie mentioned imo. See Nobby for example. Could a user name be more apt btw? :razz:

I couldn't care less, hopefully Owen will now realise he has nothing to look forward to with Engerland

I don't think caring is something you do choose actually. You either do or you don't. I can't understand why a football fan couldn't care about their own country though. It makes no sense to me.

Out of interest, would people who say they are not bothered suddenly become bothered if Shearer was appointed?

I'd certainly have more of an interest. I'd have a greater desire for us to do well.

I used to be a fairly big England fan, not on the scale of Newcastle, but fairly big. Infact, i was a big fan during the World Cup last year and was gutted when we went out. Since then though, the international set-up has been a joke; and while i'm usually fairly un-arsed about qualifiers anyway (cos they're usually plain sailing), it's been very difficult to care this time round because it's obvious that we're going nowhere.

The FA? Pfft. McClaren? Joke of a manager. Wouldn't piss on various of the underachieving players, either. I love it when the likes of Barry, Hargreaves, Wright-Phillips and Richards get a run in the team. Likeable players who should be playing. Not the standard elite.

I knew someone would say that. ;)

But to be fair... since i've been supporting England, there's been the odd blip along the way but no real trouble. And when this group came out, there was absolutely no reason to suggest otherwise. We tend to get atleast one 'big name' in the group, but we didn't even get that.

Guest elbee909

I don't think caring is something you do choose actually. You either do or you don't. I can't understand why a football fan couldn't care about their own country though. It makes no sense to me.

Some people just aren't nationalistic, surely that makes some sense?  That they don't feel the need to define themselves as belonging to a bunch of people they don't really know, simply down to the bit of earth they happened to be born on collectively.  All this stuff doesn't necessarily relate to football in the slightest.

i don't feel they represent the country, they are overpaid and i don't like alot of the individuals, i do however support the british army

i don't feel they represent the country, they are overpaid and i don't like alot of the individuals, i do however support the british army

England players are far more representative of England than Newcastle players are of Newcastle so I don't follow the logic. Did you consciously decide not to support England btw?

England players are far more representative of England than Newcastle players are of Newcastle so I don't follow the logic. Did you consciously decide not to support England btw?

no, i just feel like they mean nothing to me, why is that a problem for you?

Couldn't care less.

Geordie first, English a distant second (which is great when you live in Wales and everyone is trying to goad you after a result like last night....)

Have enough pain following the Toon to be prepared to be put through the mill with Ingerland as well, plus you know that had we qualified the whole country would be like a N-O post after the Toon have won a game, only multiplied by 100.

Like basic comprehension is for you you mean?

i think you have the problem with basic comprehension tbh, i have explained, you havn't. why do you believe everyone should have the same views/opinions as you?

i think you have the problem with basic comprehension tbh, i have explained, you havn't. why do you believe everyone should have the same views/opinions as you?

I don't though.

Very disappointed. 

Its shit not being there and i'm sure the tournament will be good to watch but something will be missing. I think it didnt help with the 94 final being one of the worst in memory but i just couldnt get into that tournament properly. If you like going  to the pub to watch the games then its not the same when you dont really have a stake in the outcome. If you're younger than 28 then that probably didnt bother you in 94 though.

Like Chez, the reason I'm bothered is because the tournament itself will be boring. I'm not actually that bothered about England doing well, I mean, of course I want England to do well, but it's just not THAT important to me.

Very disappointed. 

Its shit not being there and i'm sure the tournament will be good to watch but something will be missing. I think it didnt help with the 94 final being one of the worst in memory but i just couldnt get into that tournament properly. If you like going  to the pub to watch the games then its not the same when you dont really have a stake in the outcome. If you're younger than 28 then that probably didnt bother you in 94 though.

I'm younger than that but I definitely remember '94 being somewhat soulless without us.

Very disappointed. 

Its s*** not being there and i'm sure the tournament will be good to watch but something will be missing. I think it didnt help with the 94 final being one of the worst in memory but i just couldnt get into that tournament properly. If you like going  to the pub to watch the games then its not the same when you dont really have a stake in the outcome. If you're younger than 28 then that probably didnt bother you in 94 though.

I'm younger than that but I definitely remember '94 being somewhat soulless without us.

To be fair, the fact that most of the games were on TV very early morngin might also have something to do with the general feeling of that tournament

Japorea was also a bit of a squib due to the timing of some kick offs (although a bacon butty and pint of beer at 7am was quite a novelty)