Newcastle Form and Big Sam

Decky

The fans are to blame. Managers change, players come and go, even chairmen move on. The numpties who sneer at every bad pass and expect miracles overnight are the constant.

Booing our own team like that? f****** hell, what is it going to achieve apart from demoralize everyone at the club. Another dark day for our club.

s****.

"Fans are to blame".

Aye, its the fans fault that the team played like a bunch of clueless schoolkids.

Look, nobody's expecting miracles overnight, but if, as a fan, you're spending good, hard-earned money week in week out and getting served up with s**** like that to watch, all the while knowing that these gutless arseholes are earning as much in a week as some people earn in a couple of years...and on top of that, you've had to endure pitiful performances like today's, you do have to start wondering how fans haven't actually had a full scale f****** riot.

I mean, most of them didn't even look interested.

There seems to be lots of questions of what is going wrong, but there are a couple of basic factors.  Sam has not got any idea with picking a midfield 4 capable of creating chances.  He has taken the easy option with regard to picking the senior pro's even though they dont fit.  The last 4 games have been ridiculously poor, no lessons appear to have been learned.  Milner and N'zogbia having the p!ss taken out of them.  How the fuck all those coaches got their badges is unbelievable.  Apart from a lack of effort, the tactical lineup seems obvious to 50,000 supporters but not the half a dozen 'professional' coaches.  Unbelievable.

I'm all for trying to get some continuity but MA hasn't stumped up this much cash to watch a manager p!ss it up the wall.  

I pop up here from time to time saying how I reckon BSA is the best appointment you could have made, and he will get it right, and part of me thinks he will.

However, having watched that, it was just so dreadful, as Shearer said, they should have had 7 or 8.

he wasnt aggregating either ...woeful performance

I pop up here from time to time saying how I reckon BSA is the best appointment you could have made, and he will get it right, and part of me thinks he will.

However, having watched that, it was just so dreadful, as Shearer said, they should have had 7 or 8.

they should have had 7 or 8 and didn't look a great side either

The thing people have to remember is yes Sam played shit tactics today but the players put in a non performance, they were making basic school boy errors all over the park throughout the whole game. Say if Sam played the exact same tactics but the players put in a good quality performance ie actually played football like they want to wear the shirt, would the scoreline had been the same? Would it fuck! we would only have lost about 1-0 or else got something out of the game. Having seen the highlights im fully blaming the players, ill blame Sams tactics when the players actually perform and it still doesnt work.

The thing people have to remember is yes Sam played s*** tactics today but the players put in a non performance, they were making basic school boy errors all over the park throughout the whole game. Say if Sam played the exact same tactics but the players put in a good quality performance ie actually played football like they want to wear the shirt, would the scoreline had been the same? Would it f***! we would only have lost about 1-0 or else got something out of the game. Having seen the highlights im fully blaming the players, ill blame Sams tactics when the players actually perform and it still doesnt work.

Do you not think that the tactics have an effect on the performance of the players?

The thing people have to remember is yes Sam played s*** tactics today but the players put in a non performance, they were making basic school boy errors all over the park throughout the whole game. Say if Sam played the exact same tactics but the players put in a good quality performance ie actually played football like they want to wear the shirt, would the scoreline had been the same? Would it f***! we would only have lost about 1-0 or else got something out of the game. Having seen the highlights im fully blaming the players, ill blame Sams tactics when the players actually perform and it still doesnt work.

it's cumulative and comes from all the weeks of shit tactics and formations.

you have half a point, if we'd played well the last few weeks we may have got away with shit tactics in this isoltaed game, but week after week wears away at confidence teamwork.

Do you not think that the tactics have an effect on the performance of the players?

Exactly. He may as well not have bothered with the front 2 with the midfield he sent out.  How do you think Viduka and Martins feel looking at the team sheet and seeing virtually nobody capable of whipping a bill in.  Its an embarassment.

Exactly. He may as well not have bothered with the front 2 with the midfield he sent out.  How do you think Viduka and Martins feel looking at the team sheet and seeing virtually nobody capable of whipping a bill in.  Its an embarassment.

maybe they would feel relieved they werent being charged for anything

maybe they would feel relieved they werent being charged for anything

Well spotted. "ball"

From my point of view it seems almost like Big Sam is trying to get himself the sack with his ludicrous negative tactics/substitutions.

Basically, the way I see it is if all season long he had played his best players in their best positions, in an attacking 4-4-2 formation we would be up there in top 6 teritory of that I have no doubt as we have a good squad and the the fact he cant seem to fathom this is quite frankly worrying tbh.

I dont think I have ever seen any manager make so many appaling substitutions in my life over the course of a few games and the booing today just emphasized that.

From my point of view it seems almost like Big Sam is trying to get himself the sack with his ludicrous negative tactics/substitutions.

It sounds ridiculous but a lot of people have been saying that. When we were losing at Derby he brought on two defenders, I've never seen anything like it.

another from today that i've just remembered.

butt seemed to start on the right of a middle 3,then when we went 4-4-2 he went in the middle with emre........you'd expect emre to be the more advanced of the central 2 wouldn't you ?

It sounds ridiculous but a lot of people have been saying that. When we were losing at Derby he brought on two defenders, I've never seen anything like it.

I know it sounds such a ridiculous thing to say which surely cant be true but If I was trying to get the sack I dont think I could do any better than Sam is at the moment in this regard.

I sincerely hope one day it is all going to click into place and suddenly we become world beaters with Milner and Zoggy on the wrong wings and with such a negative attitude in all areas of our thinking and Big Sam will say 'AHA ! I told you so!', but thats not   likely is it?

As someone said, there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with this club which turns everything good we ever try to do bad.

It is a never ending cycle, everything ends in tears with us.  :undecided:

Meh! He could be effective but people will have to get used to efficient football, the sort Dalglish and Souness tried as well some dull post match interviews with excuses for poor results.

I get the feeling once again, that people will easily turn against him despite initial optimism.

I've long given up on us attracting one of Europe's best managers, so this is probably the best we can go.

Well this what I said 6 1/2 months ago and its all been a bit predictable.

Meh! He could be effective but people will have to get used to efficient football, the sort Dalglish and Souness tried as well some dull post match interviews with excuses for poor results.

I get the feeling once again, that people will easily turn against him despite initial optimism.

I've long given up on us attracting one of Europe's best managers, so this is probably the best we can go.

What do you class as efficient football then?

where did "efficient" come from ?

Efficient meaning do what was required to win, rather than doing it in a stylish way.

Efficient meaning do what was required to win, rather than doing it in a stylish way.

yes i get that bit,i didn't realise efficiency had been mentioned anywhere that's all.

yes i get that bit,i didn't realise efficiency had been mentioned anywhere that's all.

Aye - it was on the German Mercedez Benz Newcastle forum.

It's just that we are not playing any sort of controlled football in any form at the minute - probably only for the first 45 minutes of the match against Tottingham so far this season.  It just seesm that most of the results so far are more from luck than judgement.  Probably a symptom of having a manager who believes in percentages than trying to batter a team into submisson.

It's just that we are not playing any sort of controlled football in any form at the minute - probably only for the first 45 minutes of the match against Tottingham so far this season.  It just seesm that most of the results so far are more from luck than judgement.  Probably a symptom of having a manager who believes in percentages than trying to batter a team into submisson.

just spotted the efficiency bit and nice use of "ing" in tottingham,(see i pick up on the subtle jokes rather than the actual points of posts).

you're almost right about the only time we played controlled football,we did against tottingham but remember how they were then ? west ham 2nd half for about half an hour and everton for about half an hour we've been organised,committed and PLAYED FOOTBALL.

just spotted the efficiency bit and nice use of "ing" in tottingham,(see i pick up on the subtle jokes rather than the actual points of posts).

you're almost right about the only time we played controlled football,we did against tottingham but remember how they were then ? west ham 2nd half for about half an hour and everton for about half an hour we've been organised,committed and PLAYED FOOTBALL.

I'd take almost right - makes me over qualified to be a Premier League manager though and definitely out of the running as a national coach. :razz:

I'd take almost right - makes me over qualified to be a Premier League manager though and definitely out of the running as a national coach. :razz:

no chance,you've got to be a complete prick to take that job.

:blush:

no chance,you've got to be a complete prick to take that job.

:blush:

OK then I'm at least 50% qualified then.

So what do you think is the reason that no matter what we (nufc) seem to do, it always turns out bad?

Big Sam is a decent manager and personally I was expecting a bit of an up and down season this year so long as progress appeared to be being made, but at the moment things look pretty bleak, I have to say.

We do have some decent players, although no real stand-out individuals, which is a problem, but they just don't seem to perform, at least not consistently anyway. Why not?

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the club that prevents anything from working, although I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but the evidence of the last few years seems to suggest that there are no quick fixes for whatever it is. Therefore, I'm going to try and grit my teeth and bear it 'til the end of the season and see what happens.

Like I said, Sam is a decent manager, he's proved that at Bolton, and one day we're going to have to give someone a real chance to sort the club out from top to bottom. That's going to take time and will involve quite a bit of pain I reckon. So if this is the pain and the club's going to end up better for it in the long-run, then I'll take it. Therefore I'm still of the opinion that Sam should be given time, the only reason he shouldn't is if we were able to bring in a truly world-class manager, Mourinho for example, the kind of person you absolutely couldn't see failing to sort things out and even then they'd need to be given time to do it. Unfortunately, I can't see someone like that coming here, can you?

Terry Mac