Newcastle Form and Big Sam

Decky

So what do you think is the reason that no matter what we (nufc) seem to do, it always turns out bad?

Big Sam is a decent manager and personally I was expecting a bit of an up and down season this year so long as progress appeared to be being made, but at the moment things look pretty bleak, I have to say.

We do have some decent players, although no real stand-out individuals, which is a problem, but they just don't seem to perform, at least not consistently anyway. Why not?

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with the club that prevents anything from working, although I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but the evidence of the last few years seems to suggest that there are no quick fixes for whatever it is. Therefore, I'm going to try and grit my teeth and bear it 'til the end of the season and see what happens.

Like I said, Sam is a decent manager, he's proved that at Bolton, and one day we're going to have to give someone a real chance to sort the club out from top to bottom. That's going to take time and will involve quite a bit of pain I reckon. So if this is the pain and the club's going to end up better for it in the long-run, then I'll take it. Therefore I'm still of the opinion that Sam should be given time, the only reason he shouldn't is if we were able to bring in a truly world-class manager, Mourinho for example, the kind of person you absolutely couldn't see failing to sort things out and even then they'd need to be given time to do it. Unfortunately, I can't see someone like that coming here, can you?

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

The fans are to blame. Managers change, players come and go, even chairmen move on. The numpties who sneer at every bad pass and expect miracles overnight are the constant.

Booing our own team like that? Fucking hell, what is it going to achieve apart from demoralize everyone at the club. Another dark day for our club.

I'm not convinced Sam is up to the job either but...

Liverpool at home

Sunderland away

Portsmouth at home

Reading away

There should be 3 wins at least there tbh.

That's exactly the sort of misplaced arrogance (or is it ignorance?)  that gives our supporters a bad name.  Even if Sam wasn't trying to rebuild after years and years of shit management we have no right to right to expect at least 3 wins from any 4 Prem games.

Yes he's struggling and yes he's making some crap decisions, but until the fans have a reality check and realise there is no overnight solution then it doesn't matter who is in charge because they'll never be given the necessary time to turn things around.

Liverpool at home

Sunderland away

Portsmouth at home

Reading away

That's exactly the sort of misplaced arrogance (or is it ignorance?)  that gives our supporters a bad name.  Even if Sam wasn't trying to rebuild after years and years of shit management we have no right to right to expect at least 3 wins from any 4 Prem games.

Yes he's struggling and yes he's making some crap decisions, but until the fans have a reality check and realise there is no overnight solution then it doesn't matter who is in charge because they'll never be given the necessary time to turn things around.

Only Mourinho, Shearer or Keegan would be given time - fact

I was listening to Redknapp after the match today and he was talking about Allardyce needing time etc etc but 6 of the starting 11 were his signings today;

Enrique

Viduka

Rozenhal

Beye

Geremi

Smith

It's not like it's someone else's side. Its his.

I'm still in the give him time, lets have continuity camp but fuck me if he's not testing loyalty.

It just seems so direction-less and inept.

And to see those fuckers wander out at half time and Given laughing with Gerrard (or whoever it was) at the end was gutting.

Liverpool at home

Sunderland away

Portsmouth at home

Reading away

Only Mourinho, Shearer or Keegan would be given time - fact

And two of those probably wouldn't be able to justify it. :(

Today was fucking disgusting, lads if you havent seen the highlights then fuck me yous are in for a treat. It honestly looked like Sam lost the dressing room, something so horrendous couldnt possibly have happened already could it?!?!?!

The fans are to blame. Managers change, players come and go, even chairmen move on. The numpties who sneer at every bad pass and expect miracles overnight are the constant.

Booing our own team like that? Fucking hell, what is it going to achieve apart from demoralize everyone at the club. Another dark day for our club.

Shite.

"Fans are to blame".

Aye, its the fans fault that the team played like a bunch of clueless schoolkids.

Look, nobody's expecting miracles overnight, but if, as a fan, you're spending good, hard-earned money week in week out and getting served up with shite like that to watch, all the while knowing that these gutless arseholes are earning as much in a week as some people earn in a couple of years...and on top of that, you've had to endure pitiful performances like today's, you do have to start wondering how fans haven't actually had a full scale fucking riot.

I mean, most of them didn't even look interested.

He's not helping his own cause at all.

Negative approach, even when we're losing he still hasn't the balls to take some chances.

Fans would be a lot more supportive if we at least tried to go out and play some good football, we know that we're in transition as a team and for the most part we'll be happy to give him time to get it right, so long as there's some sort of desire being shown.

But when we're basically going out week after week and basically just trying to kill the game without any apparent attempt to impose our own ideas on it, then fans won't be happy, and rightfully so.

Much as it does seem folly to sack him after such a short period in charge, I can't say I'll be upset in the least if we do it.

Good post, It is really fucking me off how negative he has been. SA seems to be playing for a 0-0 draw with the hope that we can somehow nick a goal, Against the top 4 i can understand those tactics but he went to Derby for a 0-0 FFS.

What makes it more annoying is the fact that Liverpool werent all that good today yet they should of scored atleast 6 or 7, They were there for the taking imo.

Hmm other threads been locked, lets see what Shearer has to say about todays farce on MOTD

Out of interest, the other thread was dragged down by some people deliberately (they surely couldn't be that dumb) misrepresenting the criticism of those who applaud the opposition to mean the fans were directly to blame for the poor performance today. Nobody said that of course, but sticking with the truth isn't important to some.

He's not helping his own cause at all.

Negative approach, even when we're losing he still hasn't the balls to take some chances.

Fans would be a lot more supportive if we at least tried to go out and play some good football, we know that we're in transition as a team and for the most part we'll be happy to give him time to get it right, so long as there's some sort of desire being shown.

But when we're basically going out week after week and basically just trying to kill the game without any apparent attempt to impose our own ideas on it, then fans won't be happy, and rightfully so.

Much as it does seem folly to sack him after such a short period in charge, I can't say I'll be upset in the least if we do it.

Good post, It is really fucking me off how negative he has been. SA seems to be playing for a 0-0 draw with the hope that we can somehow nick a goal, Against the top 4 i can understand those tactics but he went to Derby for a 0-0 FFS.

What makes it more annoying is the fact that Liverpool werent all that good today yet they should of scored atleast 6 or 7, They were there for the taking imo.

Yup, that's about it.

Booing our own team like that? f****** hell, what is it going to achieve apart from demoralize everyone at the club. Another dark day for our club.

s****.

"Fans are to blame".

Aye, its the fans fault that the team played like a bunch of clueless schoolkids.

Look, nobody's expecting miracles overnight, but if, as a fan, you're spending good, hard-earned money week in week out and getting served up with s**** like that to watch, all the while knowing that these gutless arseholes are earning as much in a week as some people earn in a couple of years...and on top of that, you've had to endure pitiful performances like today's, you do have to start wondering how fans haven't actually had a full scale f****** riot.

Agree with all of that.

Let's not bring that into this thread please.

Bring what into this thread? The lies and misreprentation? Talk to your mates, Indi, I'm sure they'll turn up to wreck this one soon because we're talking about performances and they think I (and others) are blaming the fans when I'm not. If they post that tripe in here I'll just have to tell them they're spouting shite again. The performances are shite because the manager hasn't got a clue what he's doing and that's the end of it, reaction of the supporters or not.

People don't have to agree with me and that's the nature of a forum, but I don't lie and misrepresent.

Shite.

"Fans are to blame".

Look, nobody's expecting miracles overnight, but if, as a fan, you're spending good, hard-earned money week in week out and getting served up with shite like that to watch, all the while knowing that these gutless arseholes are earning as much in a week as some people earn in a couple of years...and on top of that, you've had to endure pitiful performances like today's, you do have to start wondering how fans haven't actually had a full scale fucking riot.

Do you think FS has lost the dressing room?

I pop up here from time to time saying how I reckon BSA is the best appointment you could have made, and he will get it right, and part of me thinks he will.

However, having watched that, it was just so dreadful, as Shearer said, they should have had 7 or 8.