Newcastle Form and Big Sam

Decky

The way the players came out of the tunnel for the second half was the most significant thing I saw on Saturday. Sam had hardly rallied the troops with an inspiring team talk, they looked more like they were walking out to be shot. IMO the players have lost confidence in the manager and it's only a matter of time before he's sacked.

The way the players came out of the tunnel for the second half was the most significant thing I saw on Saturday. Sam had hardly rallied the troops with an inspiring team talk, they looked more like they were walking out to be shot. IMO the players have lost confidence in the manager and it's only a matter of time before he's sacked.

Agreed.

The thing is as well, the media can bang on all they like about impatient supporters and some supporters can bang on all they like about being embarrassed if the club sacks another manager, but if the players have lost confidence in the manager the powers within the club WILL know it. In this situation they must make the change. It's as simple as that.

The way they walked out of the tunnel bluelaugh.gif We over analyze things these days. Our midfield going deep, formations, poor substations, horrendous defending, shocking passing are things I will accept but all this body language guff I cant be having that. Anyone remember how the lads strutted out of the tunnel when we were winning games? Was it single file & chests out? Did they all hold hands showing solidarity?

If I was convinced that the FA will definitely not offer the England job to Bent 'Arry, I would have a decent bet on him being your new manager before the start of next season.

Wor lass will be fuming if that happened, being a pompy fan. I'll be fuming if that happened, being a Newcastle fan, in all fairness.  :nope:

Was at the Spurs EGM this afternoon and someone close to Ashley's best mate thinks that Redknapp will be prised away from his South Coast home to make the move up to Tyneside.  I'm not saying it will happen but there are a few who think it will. 

If I was convinced that the FA will definitely not offer the England job to Bent 'Arry, I would have a decent bet on him being your new manager before the start of next season.

Wor lass will be fuming if that happened, being a pompy fan. I'll be fuming if that happened, being a Newcastle fan, in all fairness.  :nope:

Was at the Spurs EGM this afternoon and someone close to Ashley's best mate thinks that Redknapp will be prised away from his South Coast home to make the move up to Tyneside.  I'm not saying it will happen but there are a few who think it will. 

Can't see it tbh, Arry's a southern boy and its not as if he is short of funds at Pompey.

In other words he'd be mad to make the move (and imo would make a mess of it too - just a gut feeling)

Btw, why was an EGM called? something significant afoot or just some shareholders kicking up a fuss?

Btw, why was an EGM called? something significant afoot or just some shareholders kicking up a fuss?

Here is  a link to info about Spurs EGM

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2007/11/26/Prem-Levy-on-Tottenham/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/

You were, or someone else?

Not sure on Redknapp. His twitches unnerve me, for a start.

Don't worry about them. Look at MON, he's like Woody Allen on a caffeine binge. You'll come to terms with them

It was mostly clearing the air following Jol's exit.  Most were hoping for something definite about a new stadium or redevelopment but a definite answer by June 2008 is promised.  As the fella who was the project leader for the Aljazeera has just been taken on board, my guess is a new stadium.

I was.  The twitches were as a result of a bad car smash years ago, a couple were killed in it iirc so I guess Redknapp is happy with the twictches!

Can't see it tbh, Arry's a southern boy and its not as if he is short of funds at Pompey.

In other words he'd be mad to make the move (and imo would make a mess of it too - just a gut feeling)

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you.  Redknapp has had his house outside Bournemouth since he first managed them and has refused to move even when he was managing West Ham.  But I know that Ashley and Kemsley have owned racehorses and that Kemsley and Redknapp have.  I was told yesterday that a couple were owned jointly by all three.  If that is right (and I've no reason to doubt it) that would put Ashley very close to Redknapp.  He'd never sell the Bournemouth place but whether he would move up to Tyneside is a bit more debateable.

I think it would all be academic if the FA offer him the England job, he would take it.

It was mostly clearing the air following Jol's exit.  Most were hoping for something definite about a new stadium or redevelopment but a definite answer by June 2008 is promised.  As the fella who was the project leader for the Aljazeera has just been taken on board, my guess is a new stadium.

I was.  The twitches were as a result of a bad car smash years ago, a couple were killed in it iirc so I guess Redknapp is happy with the twictches!

Generally speaking, I'd agree with you.  Redknapp has had his house outside Bournemouth since he first managed them and has refused to move even when he was managing West Ham.  But I know that Ashley and Kemsley have owned racehorses and that Kemsley and Redknapp have.  I was told yesterday that a couple were owned jointly by all three.  If that is right (and I've no reason to doubt it) that would put Ashley very close to Redknapp.  He'd never sell the Bournemouth place but whether he would move up to Tyneside is a bit more debateable.

I think it would all be academic if the FA offer him the England job, he would take it.

His gaff in Sandbanks/Canford Cliff is well smart. Don't blame him for not getting rid. Beautiful place of the country.

I don't like the man (mainly for the So'ton/Pompey dodgy dealings fiasco) but he has made a very good team down at Fratton Park and always seemed to do ok at WHU n all. Certainly would sort out man management issues we seem to have and if he could bring Adams with him would be a coup.

His gaff in Sandbanks/Canford Cliff is well smart. Don't blame him for not getting rid. Beautiful place of the country.

I don't like the man (mainly for the So'ton/Pompey dodgy dealings fiasco) but he has made a very good team down at Fratton Park and always seemed to do ok at WHU n all. Certainly would sort out man management issues we seem to have and if he could bring Adams with him would be a coup.

I honestly think that Redknapp/Adams would be a dream ticket for England tbh.  Redknapp has more skeletons than Fred West's semi but he's got ability to produce a team playing like a team, not 11 individuals, no matter he has in front of him.  Adams just by his history is someone I detest but he's learnt a lot from 'Arry, he's patriotic, wears his heart on his sleeve and he knows how to organise a defence.  Adams could prove to be Redknapp's successor in time.  The FA could do a lot worse.

Agreed.

The thing is as well, the media can bang on all they like about impatient supporters and some supporters can bang on all they like about being embarrassed if the club sacks another manager, but if the players have lost confidence in the manager the powers within the club WILL know it. In this situation they must make the change. It's as simple as that.

Aye, I think that's a big 'if' though and articles in the papers is all there is to back that theory up imo.

1 point from 15, lets be serious here for a second, it will become 1 in 18. With Brum next weekend 1 in 21 is UNTHINKABLE

dont panic, he needs time  :lol:

Time! TIME!? He has had 6 months, anyone who can't change around an entire team club in that time from being absolute dogshit to challenging the top 4 need not apply.

glen roeder would agree with you

Time! TIME!? He has had 6 months, anyone who can't change around an entire team club in that time from being absolute dogshit to challenging the top 4 need not apply.

Glenn Roeder showed at all his previous clubs what he was capable of.

Irrelevant, only your current club matters, thats why the likes of Daglish got the boot

Irrelevant, only your current club matters, thats why the likes of Daglish got the boot

felt sorry for dalglish, very unlucky in losing both shearer and asprilla long term.

Guest optimistic nit

would much rather have allardyce than redknapp, not that i don't think redkapp is a good manager mind. the only person i would like to see repalce allardyce would be a mourinho or other good foreign manager but i am content will allardyce atm.