Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Sniffer

No, because Souness is a shite manager but has had success as measured by winning tropies. Allardyce has no such track record.

How many good teams has allardyce actually built, Bluf?

No, because Souness is a shite manager but has had success as measured by winning tropies. Allardyce has no such track record.

Do you not think what Allardyce achieved at Bolton wasn't a huge success?

Was SBR a poor manager for us because he failed to bring in a trophy? Steve McLaren managed to get the smogs a trophy, was he a better manager for them than SBR was for us?

The reason N'Zogbia was having fuck all luck, apart from the fact that he did just generally have a shit game, was that there was two men on him every single time and no opportunity to switch the play because there was absolutely no-one on the other flank. Liverpool therefore could easily afford to double up on our left with no danger of being caught out with a switch of the play.

Regardless of how he'd been playing, we should have gone to two wingers on the correct sides and tried to stretch them.

Less than a minute apart.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=46917.msg1085144#msg1085144

No, because Souness is a s**** manager but has had success as measured by winning tropies. Allardyce has no such track record.

One more than Souness.

souness's blacburn were as good if not better than allardyce's bolton for one season

Championships and cups at Rangers, FA Cup at Liverpool, something or other in Turkey. Not the most impressive list,  but infinitely better than Fat Sam who hasn't actually won anything.

But hey, let's not let something like the facts spoil a post that is basically tripe, eh, bluf?

Like I said, Allardyce has a record of building a team, long ball grafters.  Souness had a record of luck mixed with massive amounts of disappointment. 

Utterly bizarre that all the teams he won cups with wanted rid of him, eh.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'll forget to mention the other teams he outright failed with (something Allardyce hasn't done, yet).  Wouldn't want things to get messy...

not disagreeing with the analysis of souness, just pointing out that what he did at bolton was good, but by no means amazing, or something that I'd like to see happen here.

It's one thing to have your initial expectations wiped out, it's quite another to be seriously calling for the guy's head after so little time (not directed at you).  Christ, we gave f****** Roeder and Souness longer, two horrific managers, with absolutely nothing in their history to suggest they'd ever get it right, but Allardyce has.

Allardyce hasn't turned out to be as great as I thought either, but then maybe I am (we, all of us) just expecting too much too soon.  Obviously performances like the last two simply are not on, but we really do need to get a grip of ourselves as a set of supporters.  Let's remember Mick, it's not only managers we chase out of town at the first sign of trouble, we do it with players too.  It's a deep-rooted problem we have, and sadly I don't think it's something that can really be 'fixed', perhaps just something that success will finally drive away. 

He has implemented a lot of off-field 'stuff' (couldn't really tell you what mind :lol:), which I am more than sure will have an effect on our team in the long-term, I highly doubt we've seen the benefits of that.  I, for one, would like to though, and not see him sacked before anything he's tried to do here actually has a chance to work.  Managers get team selections wrong all the time, managers look like they've 'finally lost it' all the time too, the real point is, good managers learn from their mistakes and hopefully Allardyce is one of them.  Time is the only thing that will allow us to find out though, otherwise all hail Paul Jewell, Newcastle's next saviour... :rolleyes:

Cause we ain't getting anyone better, not after our recent past.  New owners or not, it's the fans that make the decisions round here.  Or should I say, the one's that are loud enough.

I've read a couple of the other replies so I'll try not to repeat points that have been covered.

Allardyce has built one Premiership team, others have done that in the past and they haven't been able to take that with them when they've moved clubs, Allardyce might be the same.  One of the baffling changed that I've seen is that he's replaced Lee Clark with a goal keeping coach, at least it looks that way to me and I can't work that one out, can you?

I’m still happy to give him time but I really think he’s got to change quick for his own good or he’ll be right in the shit, I don’t want that to happen and I don’t want him to fail.

No, because Souness is a s**** manager but has had success as measured by winning tropies. Allardyce has no such track record.

One more than Souness.

souness's blacburn were as good if not better than allardyce's bolton for one season

:lol:

Cheers.

One more than Souness.

What was the funding like at each club out of interest?

One more than Souness.

What was the funding like at each club out of interest?

And look what happened one one player left the team (Duff). They fell to bits.

Quite some team he built...

One more than Souness.

:lol:

Cheers.

it's true and bolton had a couple of seasons where they struggled against relegation like souness was doing when he left blackburn.

I'm in a dilemma in the question. One part of me says sack him as soon as possible, so a new manager kan get his players in january.

Another part of me says keep Sam and let's see what he comes up with in january.

At the moment I think Sam is making some very weird tactical choises, and i'm not convinced that he's the right man yet, though i'm willing to give him more line...

I'd like to see Allardyce out and it's nothing to do with raised expectations since Ashley arrived. I've seen nothing to suggest Ashley is going to back the manager as well as the previous board, and to be honest, I don't blame him because Allardyce is not his choice. I wouldn't give him my money.

I've never seen Allardyce as the right man because I think he's a small club man, I think he's out of his depth here. The signs are there, just as they were there with previous managers. Ashley has some big decisions to make in the coming weeks because we need players and they must be better than we have now, not squad players. This will cost a lot of money, Allardyce is not his appointment but it's his money. I know what I'd do if it was my money.

I hope people get to throw this post back at me at some point in the future when FS has us challenging near the top of the league.

It's one thing to have your initial expectations wiped out, it's quite another to be seriously calling for the guy's head after so little time (not directed at you).  Christ, we gave f****** Roeder and Souness longer, two horrific managers, with absolutely nothing in their history to suggest they'd ever get it right, but Allardyce has.

Allardyce hasn't turned out to be as great as I thought either, but then maybe I am (we, all of us) just expecting too much too soon.  Obviously performances like the last two simply are not on, but we really do need to get a grip of ourselves as a set of supporters.  Let's remember Mick, it's not only managers we chase out of town at the first sign of trouble, we do it with players too.  It's a deep-rooted problem we have, and sadly I don't think it's something that can really be 'fixed', perhaps just something that success will finally drive away. 

He has implemented a lot of off-field 'stuff' (couldn't really tell you what mind :lol:), which I am more than sure will have an effect on our team in the long-term, I highly doubt we've seen the benefits of that.  I, for one, would like to though, and not see him sacked before anything he's tried to do here actually has a chance to work.  Managers get team selections wrong all the time, managers look like they've 'finally lost it' all the time too, the real point is, good managers learn from their mistakes and hopefully Allardyce is one of them.  Time is the only thing that will allow us to find out though, otherwise all hail Paul Jewell, Newcastle's next saviour... :rolleyes:

Cause we ain't getting anyone better, not after our recent past.  New owners or not, it's the fans that make the decisions round here.  Or should I say, the one's that are loud enough.

I've read a couple of the other replies so I'll try not to repeat points that have been covered.

Allardyce has built one Premiership team, others have done that in the past and they haven't been able to take that with them when they've moved clubs, Allardyce might be the same.  One of the baffling changed that I've seen is that he's replaced Lee Clark with a goal keeping coach, at least it looks that way to me and I can't work that one out, can you?

I’m still happy to give him time but I really think he’s got to change quick for his own good or he’ll be right in the shit, I don’t want that to happen and I don’t want him to fail.

Jose Mourinho was a translator, I would say from that to what he is now is quite a bit bigger of a change than a goalkeeping coach becoming a coach.

He replaced Lee Clark with a bloke called Adam Sadler who's now in charge of the reserves.

N'zogbia was totally and utterly f****** useless yesterday and didn't look like he was going to get any better as the game wore on. In fact, he was getting worse.. How anybody can object to subbing him is beyond me.

With that in mind, we could have taken any player off because nobody played that well.  The players all look down and that will not change while they are being asked to play in a manner that they don't appear to like or understand.

Guest Sniffer

One of the reasons we finished as we did yesterday was because N'zogbia did nothing at all. There was absolutely no reason to leave him on the pitch.

Guest interceptor

Definitely NO SACK.

Even though I was at the game yesterday and left totally demoralised, we need to stop having this reaction of sacking the manager after a few poor performances.

What we need to do instead is get rid of the PLAYERS.

Big Sam has not had enough transfer window time yet imo to truly mould and shape the team.

He needs plenty of spending power and I hope Chris Mort and Mike Ashley give him that come January 1st.

I'd like to see Allardyce out and it's nothing to do with raised expectations since Ashley arrived. I've seen nothing to suggest Ashley is going to back the manager as well as the previous board, and to be honest, I don't blame him because Allardyce is not his choice. I wouldn't give him my money.

I've never seen Allardyce as the right man because I think he's a small club man, I think he's out of his depth here. The signs are there, just as they were there with previous managers. Ashley has some big decisions to make in the coming weeks because we need players and they must be better than we have now, not squad players. This will cost a lot of money, Allardyce is not his appointment but it's his money. I know what I'd do if it was my money.

I hope people get to throw this post back at me at some point in the future when FS has us challenging near the top of the league.

Good post, pretty much how I feel.

The problem now is finding a replacement mid season who is good enough, we don't want to find ourselves in the position we did with Souness and be forced into an appointment, at the same time we don't want the scenario they had at Spurs where we get caught tapping up another manager while we still have one, we've also gone down the route of looking for a manager the same time as England (I've said this before somewhere) as the club could get left in limbo again.

I think it could be a case of sticking by him this season unless we don't look like going down and find a replacement in the Summer when our options would be better, don't give him anything in January and save it up for the next man in the Summer, it's not an ideal situation but it's probably the safest solution.

Definitely NO SACK.

Even though I was at the game yesterday and left totally demoralised, we need to stop having this reaction of sacking the manager after a few poor performances.

What we need to do instead is get rid of the PLAYERS.

Big Sam has not had enough transfer window time yet imo to truly mould and shape the team.

He needs plenty of spending power and I hope Chris Mort and Mike Ashley give him that come January 1st.

Given

Geremi

Enrique (Carr)

Beye

Rozehnal

Smith

N'Zogbia (Milner)

Butt

Emre (Barton)

Viduka

Martins