Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We're gonna have to keep him until at least the end of the season if we want to have enough credibility to get someone better, plus many international managers will be out of their jobs come the end of Euro 2008.

I'd hope Sam plans to buy some flair and creativity in the January window...hopefully pacey players at that too. A big strong, monster of a defensive midfielder wouldn't go amiss either.

We're gonna have to keep him until at least the end of the season if we want to have enough credibility to get someone better, plus many international managers will be out of their jobs come the end of Euro 2008.

I'd hope Sam plans to buy some flair and creativity in the January window...hopefully pacey players at that too. A big strong, monster of a defensive midfielder wouldn't go amiss either.

This is what I think. We have to keep him unless we're in true danger of getting relegated.

I have nailed my colours to the mast, and they are the colours of Big Sam.

I'll admit a fairly strong concern, but i'm keeping the faith as far as Allardyce goes. We've played some good stuff under him and i think he's made some good signings.

The line-ups are obviously the chief worry. But then, he's a manager at a brand new club with a brand new squad and he is trying things out; it's not working at the moment. However, if Sam was to try every different permutation just to find the right one, and be successful with it, it'd be worth a poxy first season in charge.

People are forgetting that he actually IS a good manager, succesful too in spite of a lack of trophies. Roeder and Souness just simply weren't good managers so it wasn't worth the effort. Sam is and he's got a very, very good track record in this league, and i'd definitely like to see him go beyond this season. Plusses off the pitch are there to be seen, look at our fitness levels (we're in some bother at the moment, granted) compared to the previous three seasons.

Assuming circumstances don't become rediculous, obviously.

I have to add though that I'll be very upset if he buys more cloggers in the January window.

I keep saying this - THIS is to be expected in January! You have to pay rediculously over-the-odds for exceptional players nowadays anyway, and with the January market being so slim (teams don't want rid of their best players), we'll potentially get financially bummed if we go at clubs with big bucks.

Arshavin's a bit different though, because (stop me if i'm wrong), it's the close season in Russia.

EDIT: assuming 'cloggers' means, decent squad-building players on the cheap, a la the summer...

I have to add though that I'll be very upset if he buys more cloggers in the January window.

I keep saying this - THIS is to be expected in January! You have to pay rediculously over-the-odds for exceptional players nowadays anyway, and with the January market being so slim (teams don't want rid of their best players), we'll potentially get financially bummed if we go at clubs with big bucks.

Arshavin's a bit different though, because (stop me if i'm wrong), it's the close season in Russia.

EDIT: assuming 'cloggers' means, decent squad-building players on the cheap, a la the summer...

It means players like Alan Smith who run around a lot but don't actually do anything positive.

Barring a serious threat of relegation, he must at least be given the rest of this season and the beginning of next.

When Allardyce arrived, the club possessed deep-rooted problems from previous regimes which simply weren't going to be fixed overnight. However disillusioning recent performances have been, i still have faith he will have learnt something from each, and is ultimately the man to turn the club around.

Barring a serious threat of relegation, he must at least be given the rest of this season and the beginning of next.

When Allardyce arrived, the club possessed deep-rooted problems from previous regimes which simply weren't going to be fixed overnight. However disillusioning recent performances have been, i still have faith he will have learnt something from each, and is ultimately the man to turn the club around.

And then end up sacking another manager in September, the worst possible time of the year.

The rule for January should be, unless a player is exactly what we need and will make the impact required, then don't buy them. We need players who can play on the deck as we have only two midfielders who can do that at the minute (one of which can only pass side ways and backwards). We obviously need a new right winger...one with pace preferably and we definitely need a new strong, athletic defensive midfielder (who can actually play) as well as more creativity through the center.