Nail your colours to the mast: Sack or No Sack?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Brazilianbob

All this b*llocks about worrying how fickle we will appear as NUFC fans for wanting BSA sacked is a crock of sh*t.  We will look a right bunch of charlies if we are patient and he takes us down.

All this b*llocks about worrying how fickle we will appear as NUFC fans for wanting BSA sacked is a crock of sh*t.  We will look a right bunch of charlies if we are patient and he takes us down.

You think we could get relegated?  :lol:

Have you seen the results the teams down there are getting?

I'm just worried about who would replace him and looking like a fucking mong for thinking James Milner is our saviour.

I'm just worried about who would replace him and looking like a fucking mong for thinking James Milner is our saviour.

Really hope not to many other clubs fans read this board, our fans are embarrassing, Liverpool fans took this piss yesterday, egging us on to get on sams back then laffed at us when we took the bate.. 13 games in and we want the manager sacked, The likes of Moyes and Hughes had some horrible results in there eary days at Everton,Blackburn. Sam has made alot of mistakes lately yes there no denying that, but hes a good solid manager who is as good if not better than anyone else we can attract..

How about 8 years of getting them right at Bolton?

We're not talking about Bolton, we've had managers in the past who had done things at previous clubs, all that matters is what he does here.

so you think a managers past record is irrelevant and shouldn't be considered when deciding whether to appoint him or not ?

:lol:

Really hope not to many other clubs fans read this board, our fans are embarrassing, Liverpool fans took this piss yesterday, egging us on to get on sams back then laffed at us when we took the bate.. 13 games in and we want the manager sacked, The likes of Moyes and Hughes had some horrible results in there eary days at Everton,Blackburn. Sam has made alot of mistakes lately yes there no denying that, but hes a good solid manager who is as good if not better than anyone else we can attract..

Spot on and no matter how upset or pissed off about the performace that is the reality.

"we are the loyalest football supporters"?

Are we fuck.

so you think a managers past record is irrelevant and shouldn't be considered when deciding whether to appoint him or not ?

:jesuswept: No, he's here and what he does from the day he took over until the day he goes is all that matters now.

:jesuswept: No, he's here and what he does from the day he took over until the day he goes is all that matters now.

it means what I said. You are not taking into account his past record. You are saying his past record is irrelevant, because he's had 13 games here.

I resisted answering this yesterday, as after that performance I would would have said sack him. After sleeping on it, I now say keep him. Simply because I can't see any change being beneficial to the club. If things haven't improved by the end of the season, he needs to go.

I thought Sam was the man for the job before he came here, he isn't doing himself any favours with the current tactics though.

it means what I said. You are not taking into account his past record. You are saying his past record is irrelevant, because he's had 13 games here.

Did you think Roeder's previous record was irrelevant when you wanted him here? Considering he'd relegated nearly every club he managed?

I can see how you come to that conclusion :nope:

So. As HTT pointed out too, his 8 years at Bolton isn't grounds for saying that he isn't worth more than 13 games here ? Just for clarification  bluelaugh.gif

So. As HTT pointed out too, his 8 years at Bolton isn't grounds for saying that he isn't worth more than 13 games here ? Just for clarification  bluelaugh.gif

Just for clarification, all that matters now that he's here is what he does while he's here.  Also, I've only said that we should get rid of him if we can get somebody in who is better and I'd probably give him until the end of the season to see what he can do here.

He needs to be given time. His whole reputation is based on him building teams, not improving things from the off. When we hired Roeder and Souness, we pissed and moaned that they had no track record of... well, anything, bar ruining teams, so we had good grounds to cry out for their heads, but we got the exact opposite in Allardyce. Someone with a track record, a good one, albeit not the world's best, but we have him now and we have to stick with him for a reasonable length of time.

Just now I'm saying the rest of the season as I am a little concerned. At the beginning of this season I was saying at least two years, which to be honest, is the right amount.

I'm firmly in the Yes: Keep the big man no matter what camp.

What saddens me most though, guys, is that every other set of supporters predicted we'd be like this, and by this time. We're utterly pathetic.  Sometimes I wish we still had Shepherd, then perhaps the insane levels of expectations may never have arrived.

Just for clarification, all that matters now that he's here is what he does while he's here.  Also, I've only said that we should get rid of him if we can get somebody in who is better and I'd probably give him until the end of the season to see what he can do here.

which goes without saying, this applies to anybody. The last bit also appears to suggest that you would get rid of him if someone came along, but would give him until the end of the season if say, Arsene Wenger suddenly walked out of Arsenal. Or do you agree, that there is no bad time to get the right manager or sack someone who you think is losing the plot ?

FWIW, it also nails the theory that having all the summer to "plan" is the way to do things, because as we can all see now, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whatsoever.

I hold my hands up and say I wanted Allardyce, I can hardly say differently as I posted it hundreds of times, but he's now testing my patience. Severely. If nothing changes quickly I would advocate sacking him immediately, you have to do it, you can't wait. While I know that it was supposed to be a long term fix, we can't afford to get relegated. And I, and others of my age and yours, have waited long enough and been frustrated for too long to be told by people and smartarse journalists and pundits who don't support Newcastle, to be patient.

He needs to be given time.  His whole reputation is based on him building teams, not improving things from the off.  When we hired Roeder and Souness, we pissed and moaned that they had no track record of... well, anything, bar ruining teams, so we had good grounds to cry out for their heads, but we got the exact opposite in Allardyce.  Someone with a track record, a good one, albeit not the world's best, but we have him now and we have to stick with him for a reasonable length of time. 

Just now I'm saying the rest of the season as I am a little concerned.  At the beginning of this season I was saying at least two years, which to be honest, is the right amount.

What saddens me most though, guys, is that every other set of supporters predicted we'd be like this, and by this time.  We're utterly pathetic.  Sometimes I wish we still had Shepherd, then perhaps the insane levels of expectations may never have arrived.

could not agree more, cracking post.

as i said in another thread, people seem to have forgotten how bad we were last year, since the takeover

FWIW, it also nails the theory that having all the summer to "plan" is the way to do things, because as we can all see now, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference whatsoever.

come on now, you cant seriously believe that?

He needs to be given time.  His whole reputation is based on him building teams, not improving things from the off.  When we hired Roeder and Souness, we pissed and moaned that they had no track record of... well, anything, bar ruining teams, so we had good grounds to cry out for their heads, but we got the exact opposite in Allardyce.  Someone with a track record, a good one, albeit not the world's best, but we have him now and we have to stick with him for a reasonable length of time. 

Just now I'm saying the rest of the season as I am a little concerned.  At the beginning of this season I was saying at least two years, which to be honest, is the right amount.

What saddens me most though, guys, is that every other set of supporters predicted we'd be like this, and by this time.  We're utterly pathetic.  Sometimes I wish we still had Shepherd, then perhaps the insane levels of expectations may never have arrived.

I know a lot of people who have no interest in Newcastle who think he's been found out and can't hack it away from Bolton.  They expected him to do well but now think he can't.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

oh dear BF.

Coming on the back of our 2 biggest successive home defeats for umpteen years too. I'll stay out of this one  :kasper:

Expectations have definitely been raised without really knowing exactly how much Mort is willing to put in.

Yes we do have a billionaire owner, doesn't mean he is going to pump all his money into the club. I would imagine teams like Chelsea are going to take a long time to make Roman his money back, is Ashley prepared to invest such sums?

I said at the time (Ashley trying to take control of the club) that people shouldn't just see "millionaire" and assume we will be the next Chelsea. Will top managers take the risk going to a club who are getting a reputation for turning on the manager as soon as they go through a bit of a rough patch? Fair enough Real Madrid pull it off but then they also win regular silverware and are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

As others have said, Allardyce has proven over the years to be a good, solid manager. There has been huge changes here and he is still trying to put his mark on the team. Its crazy that after so few games over 40% of this forum are wanting him out!

come on now, you cant seriously believe that?

Can you tell me, in all seriousness, that the opportunity to appoint a manager of the calibre of Wenger, should be turned down just because it was the "wrong time". ?