Anyone agree that...?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

we played more entertaining football under roeder?

his game plan was to win and play well

fat sam does the opposite...he plays boring football for a 0-0 and it doesnt look like he wants us to win

yes roeder wasnt good enugh for us but imo allardyce is over-rated and doesnt play good football

from what weve seen from big sam so far, id say yes we did. however, the game i have seen this season: newcastle v spurs we walked all over them!! i think looking at all rooeders games v all of allardyces games, roeder wins by miles but that doesnt mean big sam wont get better. i think its naive to think we will be being beaten by 3 goals every home game this season

What? Roeder was a useless tit. Have you forgotten about the home game against Birmingham? How about the away game to AZ? How about all the 'Glenn Roeder does not... bla bla bla' or the 'I'm not using it as an excuse but really we had so many players injured and that's why it lost... but I'm still not using that as an excuse'. Fuck me, this is quite depressing.

there are few things i dislike more than that spaz Roeder, but i have to admit that the team is equally poor this season under Allardyce.. but f*** it, we've already written the season off, there's no point in rushing for a new manager.. i hope Allardyce gets his s*** together, because once again we look hopeless..

..off to get violently drunk

The football under caretaker-Roeder was better because the pressure was lifted, the players were happy and Roeder had nothing to prove/earn. Doesn't work like that for proper managers unfortunately.

What? Roeder was a useless tit. Have you forgotten about the home game against Birmingham? How about the away game to AZ? How about all the 'Glenn Roeder does not... bla bla bla' or the 'I'm not using it as an excuse but really we had so many players injured and that's why it lost... but I'm still not using that as an excuse'. f*** me, this is quite depressing.

roeder was a a useless tit, thats definately true. however some may argue allardyce is more so because of rubbish formations and the zog/milner fiasco. look at roeders record, then look at big sams. yes, we lost 5-1 to brum but apart from liverpool being light years ahead of brum, on the sky sports website it says torres "should have had at least 4". so, if torres had a good game, we would have lost 7-0. basically, roeder definately should have been fired. but im sure roeder had more wins that big sam if you look at the caretaker spell then last season. barely anything on goal against liverpool today, i believe if we keep playing the same, arsenal will beat us 5-0 at least. i do think sam will get better and lets hope he does.

Roeder was definetly not a great manager but he was definetly more attacking. I can never see us winning a game 4-2 under Sam like we did against AZ at home.

Quite possibly the greatest game/performance I've seen in 3 years. Wish we played like that every day.

Guest optimistic nit

fucks sake, sams been shite atm, but why do we have such short memories? we were at our shittest under souness, yet after 6 months of roeder in charge he was worse than souness, and now after less than 6 months of allardyce he's worse than roeder. allardyce has made a fuckload of elementary mistakes that can't be forgiven, but he's better than souness and roeder, and the football we play is at the very least the same. we had no clue under souness and roeder, we still don't but i put that more down to a roeder hangover than anything else. the baffelling selections are pissing me off, although i do actually prefer them to roeders policy of selecting the same XI again and again regardless of how shite it is. at least allardyce is willing to experiment and try different things, i just wish he was a bit better at it and didn't persist with things like smith on the right, the only position that seemingly isn't rotated is the one that is the shittest.

Guest Brewcastle

Roeder tried, but didn't have enough authority among the primadonnas in the squad. Sam has authority, but haven't a clue when it comes to tactics. The victories so far is against weak teams (and a lose for Derby!  :weep:). And that means NUFC is weaker.

I'm really scared about the damage Sam can do. :kasper:

Guest Ridzuan

I dont care who is able to play better football.I only want successful football,and thats something that Roeder didnt achieve and what Big Sam is currently missing.

I voted yes and Thanks Kev to come up with this, I was thinking about it all day long. We played good football and played to win under Roader the only problem with Roader is he is not a class manger and we needed to have a world class manager yet we replaced him with another British manager with different style. unless we come up with a world class manager we won't go far. At the end of the tunnel though we have Ashely and surely he will get it right when the opportunity to replace Sam rise.

Whilst Roeder had no clue, Sam is very good at running a bottom half of the EPL, small football club. Once he turns newcastle into that his tactics will suit just fine! He only needs 3-5 years to get us there as well.

anyone who didnt say yes at this moment needs to think hard! we will improve under allardyce but roeder was better at making the players HAVE A SHOT ON TARGET AT HOME, play more attacking, not for a 0-0