The Times today speculated that the players have turned on Allardyce

KaKa

if it's due to the tactics and formations the players are right.

Regardless of tactics and formations the players should put in 100% every week, if it isnt working then fine, on the managers head be it, but how do we know the managers tactics arnt working if the players dont perform? Players turning on the manager and making the fans sit through non performances like today is unacceptable and the players should be ashamed.

it's not effort,players can give 100% but if they don't feel right it doesn't come off,no lack of effort involved.

alan smith gave 100% today

i saw that, and i thought that if allardyce wanted to help himself he would have taken of viduka and put smith upfront with martins... viduka looked lazy

Viduka is a good player but his signing really surprised me. He was never going to work as a cebtre forward in an Allardyce team. i really can't imagine what Sam was thinking.

It's quite a mess it really is.

in a 4-3-3 the centre of  the forward 3 has to be able to hold the ball up agreed, but he also has to be mobile and be able to work the left and right channels for it to be effective .. viduka doesnt do this he is to static

There are rights & wrongs about both sides of this discussion, but the main issue is surely this ;-

IF the players are up in arms about the training/tactics etc., why is it only at NUFC that all this appears to be a major crisis when a new manager is appointed ?

Why has there been no unrest at Spurs, for example ? Ramos is apparently a hard driver of his players, but there doesn't appear to be a crisis there...maybe the Spurs players have more faith in Ramos' methods than the NUFC players appear to have in Allardyce's ; is that his fault or theirs!!?? What do YOU think after watching the displays we have seen....??

There is no excuse for laziness amongst the players, and I for one would fully back any manager who was trying to get more out of them, BUT - I wouldn't if the effort was being channelled in the wrong direction..

Nothing he has said can excuse playing players out of position, or being used in a style that doesn't get the best from them.

Guest thenorthumbrian

So with the players disgruntled already and the fans carrying on like they did today is it going to be possible for Sam to weather the storm?

The players will only be more of a pain now as they will no doubt lose even more respect for the manager having seen the extent to which the crowd turned on him today.

Which is why the attitude of the crowd was so destructive today. It's worrying, because there's something self-fulfilling about it. The players lose heart and the manager's job becomes even more difficult.

We've just conceded 7 in two at home of course the fans are going to be pissed off.

So with the players disgruntled already and the fans carrying on like they did today is it going to be possible for Sam to weather the storm?

The players will only be more of a pain now as they will no doubt lose even more respect for the manager having seen the extent to which the crowd turned on him today.

Which is why the attitude of the crowd was so destructive today. It's worrying, because there's something self-fulfilling about it. The players lose heart and the manager's job becomes even more difficult.

We've just conceded 7 in two at home of course the fans are going to be pissed off.

You'd expect the crowd to be pissed off when their team is taking a real beating like that. What I found disturbing though is that there's a real movement against Allardyce now and it doesn't take much to set it off.

The booing of the substitutions was just stupid. Zoggy was having a terrible game. Really, really terrible. I can't recall him getting in a single cross or shot. I can't even remember him finding one of his own men with a pass. He was just losing the ball every time he got it, without looking like he was going to achieve anything. Milner at least will maintain his morale and try and make something happen.

Emre also lost the ball a lot, although he did occasionally look good and confident in possession. But we saw the old problem of him wanting a playmaker role rather than getting forward. Because Butt plays defensively, they end up side by side and the man on the ball has no positive options. Same as happened with Parker. Emre also only seems to defend when he feels like it. Putting on Barton was fair enough.

Putting on Carr was never going to change things, but the game was well and truly lost, Enrique looked tired, and you can understand that Sam wanted to get Carr back in first team action.

The worst part was the booing when Smith was named man of the match. He wasn't brilliant, but there wasn't any other possible candidate that I could see. He worked hard and he was the only player who looked remotely like threatening the opposition goal.

Every crowd has its favourites and its non-favourites, but the fans just seemed to be reacting according to these pre-conceived collective opinions that take root, and not to what was going on on the pitch.

Every crowd has its favourites and its non-favourites, but the fans just seemed to be reacting according to these pre-conceived collective opinions that take root, and not to what was going on on the pitch.

Everything on the pitch has been fuckin rotten for the past few weeks.

Football First highlighted how unmotivated the Newcastle players looked when coming out for the second half. Body language seemed to shout "oh, do we have to do this!?".

Worrying.

Football First highlighted how unmotivated the Newcastle players looked when coming out for the second half. Body language seemed to shout "oh, do we have to do this!?".

Worrying.

I'll give Allardyce 3 games to lift the players if that is the case, if he can't do it soon then he'll have lost them.  He needs to get stuck into them to try and motivate them, then he needs to go back to basics and play his best 11 in every game, injuries permitting.

Worrying.

I'll give Allardyce 3 games to lift the players if that is the case, if he can't do it soon then he'll have lost them.  He needs to get stuck into them to try and motivate them, then he needs to go back to basics and play his best 11 in every game, injuries permitting.

I thought the one thing we would show under SA is effort and heart. Both were woefully lacking yesterday.

Relegation form. Succesive three goal margin home defeats losing to out of form Reading. Losing to Derby ffs. Am I the only one who is amazed that Butt has pulled on a shirt again after the game at Derby?

I am having the feeling of relegation foreboding I had just before Souness was sacked.

It could happen if things dont change quickly.

I thought the one thing we would show under SA is effort and heart. Both were woefully lacking yesterday.

The worst thing for me is that almost every team selection is predictably poor and we've all been able to see the players become drained of the little confidence they had picked up from the wins at home.

Why do football managers have to over complicate a simple game?

Relegation form. Succesive three goal margin home defeats losing to out of form Reading. Losing to Derby ffs. Am I the only one who is amazed that Butt has pulled on a shirt again after the game at Derby?

I am having the feeling of relegation foreboding I had just before Souness was sacked.

butt was our best player and i'm beginning to feel sorry for him in the way i felt sorry for gary speed.

This league has too many poor teams in it to have to worry about relegation, even if we did lose to a team that is arguably the worst to ever play in the Premier League.

Butt and Geremi are the core of the problems. One dimensional, on the backend of their careers, bad pitch coverage, can't pass..Geremi especially seems frightened when he gets the ball. Clods around...Has he trained himself to run on his heels or is it some bizarre circus trick.

In respect to the posts about the motivation of the squad - it can't be easy for the players when the formation/players change every game. Their lack of belief is understandable if they aren't buying into Sam's playing style or his formations.

Also, people like Taylor and Rozehnal have been dropped for having 1 bad game, which can't be great for confidence, and which also puts immense pressure on individuals - pressure which is high enough already.

I'm worried about his Roeder-esque approach to blaming his squad as well. At the minute there is only going to be one outcome: less motivated players with less belief in their manager not giving 100% commitment to the shirt. Yesterday he should have come out and said "I dropped a bollock playing that incredibly strange formation from the outset" and held his hands up, he'd have got more respect from me if he'd have done that.

One thing we don't take too kindly to - as recent history has proven - is being taken for mugs, and I can't help but feel that he's trying the same game as Souness and Roeder in order to try and buy himself time. He needs to hire Ashley's PR guru.

yesterday

At least he tried, some of his passing was poor though.

the passing was poor throughout the team but he also tried to get forward,unlike the supposedly more attack minded emre.

the game was summed up by butt in possession in the middle screaming at geremi to move into the acres of space on the right and geremi only doing it reluctantly.

In respect to the posts about the motivation of the squad - it can't be easy for the players when the formation/players change every game. Their lack of belief is understandable if they aren't buying into Sam's playing style or his formations.

Also, people like Taylor and Rozehnal have been dropped for having 1 bad game, which can't be great for confidence, and which also puts immense pressure on individuals - pressure which is high enough already.

I'm worried about his Roeder-esque approach to blaming his squad as well. At the minute there is only going to be one outcome: less motivated players with less belief in their manager not giving 100% commitment to the shirt. Yesterday he should have come out and said "I dropped a bollock playing that incredibly strange formation from the outset" and held his hands up, he'd have got more respect from me if he'd have done that.

One thing we don't take too kindly to - as recent history has proven - is being taken for mugs, and I can't help but feel that he's trying the same game as Souness and Roeder in order to try and buy himself time. He needs to hire Ashley's PR guru.

Exactly right and I think he's close to the point when he'll no longer be able to motivate the players no matter what he does.  I think he's at a crossroads with his managerial career here and he needs to do something soon, while it's still possible.

the passing was poor throughout the team but he also tried to get forward,unlike the supposedly more attack minded emre.

the game was summed up by butt in possession in the middle screaming at geremi to move into the acres of space on the right and geremi only doing it reluctantly.

I noticed Butt having a go at Geremi, the only problem with Butt having to shout at him is the lost opportunity through the delayed reaction.  Was that the time when Butt ran into a couple of Liverpool players and within seconds we were under pressure again?