Allardyce interview on SSN

brummie

Dont know if it has been repeated, and this prob belongs in one of the 3000 other threads about him (mods, feel free to move) but SSN said they are carrying an interview with SA soon, and just showed the headline "Allardyce: I believe I have backing of the board"

"Believe". Hmmm. That doesn;t sound too convincing.

If Sam doesn't start taking some personal responsibility for the performances his team is turning out he is going to be out the door before he can say 'more pie, please'. Results can go against you but when your team is getting dominated week in week out you need to put the hand up and say 'I've gotten it wrong'. Its ironic we were so glad to see the back of 'Excuses' Roeder and now Sam is turning into the same thing.

If Sam wants the respect of the board and the fans he's going to have to put his hand up pretty soon and take the responsibility upon himself. If he just dumps the pressure on the players we will continue to see such abject performances.

Dont know if it has been repeated, and this prob belongs in one of the 3000 other threads about him (mods, feel free to move) but SSN said they are carrying an interview with SA soon, and just showed the headline "Allardyce: I believe I have backing of the board"

"Believe". Hmmm. That doesn;t sound too convincing.

I think Morts comments saying we would like to back him say it all i honestly think he is two games from the sack

Guest icemanblue

Blackburns 3rd on Saturday will be his P45

I agree. I said at the Pompey match should these performances continue and we end up getting hammered 3-0 at Blackburn, he'll be gone.

Please note that this is not what I want, or think, should be done.  Far from it.

Is this in the 'I believe in God' sense or the 'I believe I can fly' sense?

If you could fly like that long faced wanker out of heroes, i think his name is Nathan.  Would you fly up inside a cloud and have a wank?

If you could fly like that long faced wanker out of heroes, i think his name is Nathan.  Would you fly up inside a cloud and have a wank?

Only if it was a cum-ulus.

Only if it was a cum-ulus.

:laugh:

:rolleyes:

Guest The Libertine

If he wins the next 4 games all will be right as rain again and talk of new contracts will be bandied about, such is the fickle world of Newcastle-Online

O0

If he wins the next 4 games all will be right as rain again and talk of new contracts will be bandied about, such is the fickle world of football

I think I may have spotted the flaw in your plan  :frantic:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Big Sam - I have board's support

Newcastle boss not seeking assurances from owner

Last updated: 28th November 2007

Allardyce: Feels position is safe

Sam Allardyce is confident there will be no 'knee-jerk' reactions from the Newcastle United board.

Magpies boss Allardyce felt the force of the fans' fury at the weekend following a 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool.

It has prompted suggestions that his position on Tyneside is already under threat, just months after taking on the Newcastle job.

Chairman Chris Mort has voiced owner Mike Ashley's support for Allardyce, who insists he has not been seeking the club's backing.

Position safe

Asked if he had sought assurances over his future from Mort and Ashley, he replied: "No, no, not at all, no. Why should I do that?

"Just because somebody writes it in the papers, I should not be ringing or chasing the chairman or the owner to seek assurances over my position.

"My position is safe if I get results; my position is not safe if I lose football matches. It has never been any different anywhere else, not here, not at Bolton, not anywhere.

"I would not have lasted eight years at Bolton if I did not get results, so it is no different anywhere you go."

Allardyce is also well aware time is a commodity which is often in short supply in his profession, but he remains confident that he will be given enough of it to engineer a recovery from what he firmly believes is a blip rather than a lasting trend.

Extra pressure

He said: "At the end of the day when you take over a football club, generally it is not in a good condition - that's why you get the job - and you have got to try to build it up from there.

"You get less and less time to do that now and from my point of view and the point of view of all managers, it brings a huge and extra pressure on us.

"But we have to live with that because there is little we can do about it.

"Only our bosses can be more stable and be more supportive and I believe there will be no knee-jerk reaction from my bosses. They are very stable and very supportive, and I hope that remains the case."

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bit more of the interview - 365 football

For all his bravado, Allardyce knows the club's fans will ultimately have a major say in his longevity and is aware that he must get them back on side as quickly as possible.

He said: "I got booed off when we lost a semi-final of a play-off at Blackpool against Bradford, and then got sacked four days later, so nothing surprises me.

"At the end of the day, this is Newcastle and I knew what was coming if I did not get the results right or the performances.

"There is an impatience around the place and the desire for success and of course, that impatience was shown at our performance against Liverpool.

"I am not surprised and I cannot say we did not deserve it, I think we did.

"At the end of the day, constructively it will not help, but that is not for me to tell them.

"They pay their money, they are entitled to do exactly what they want when they come to watch a football match.

"For us, we have just got to take it on the chin and make sure we do not put ourselves in that position again.

"Basically what we do is when they turn up, entertain them and give them what they want."

Bit more of the interview

For all his bravado, Allardyce knows the club's fans will ultimately have a major say in his longevity and is aware that he must get them back on side as quickly as possible.

He said: "I got booed off when we lost a semi-final of a play-off at Blackpool against Bradford, and then got sacked four days later, so nothing surprises me.

"At the end of the day, this is Newcastle and I knew what was coming if I did not get the results right or the performances.

"There is an impatience around the place and the desire for success and of course, that impatience was shown at our performance against Liverpool.

"I am not surprised and I cannot say we did not deserve it, I think we did.

"At the end of the day, constructively it will not help, but that is not for me to tell them.

"They pay their money, they are entitled to do exactly what they want when they come to watch a football match.

"For us, we have just got to take it on the chin and make sure we do not put ourselves in that position again.

"Basically what we do is when they turn up, entertain them and give them what they want."

Link Please.

Guest Steven_MB

if he survives the next 2 games, the 4 after that are very winnable, even for us

the 4 easy games are more of a reason to sack him, so the new manager has some momentum!