Other games today

Yorkie

I don't blame Boro (or any fans to be honest), its obvious to everyone theres only 4 clubs in the premiership who can win owt, and with the prices now a days i cant blame people watching at home.

Im not saying we should all stop going to footy matches, because of course its in peoples blood, people love the match day atmosphere and watching footy in general, i'm just saying i cant blame anyone these days.

I don't blame Boro (or any fans to be honest), its obvious to everyone theres only 4 clubs in the premiership who can win owt, and with the prices now a days i cant blame people watching at home.

Im not saying we should all stop going to footy matches, because of course its in peoples blood, people love the match day atmosphere and watching footy in general, i'm just saying i cant blame anyone these days.

agreed. frankly, anyone who bothers to pay £48 and travel all the way down from newcastle in the christmas period to sit in the corner at stamford bridge and watch us get thrashed is mad. im going from 1 and a half hours away and sometimes i think i need my head checked!

Guest Knightrider

I don't blame fans for staying away either. Sometimes because of our attendances and being a one club city I think we can be quite ignorant of other clubs and their fans with regards to attendances. Football and Newcastle go together hand in hand and always has done dating right back to the 1800s. We have a rich culture of football here, it literally is in the blood; we are football people. I work in Boro a lot and it isn't and never will be a footballing hotbed and the people are not and never will be footballing people. I don't know why or how but not every town and city gets behind their football club regardless. Some need more than Premiership fixtures, a big game or even top players and a trophy. I think it's all about a feel good factor half the time with clubs like Boro, they need a crest of a wave if you like.

Interesting couple of weeks coming up for Arsenal, must win on Weds to stay in the CL,  home to Chelsea next Sunday before a tricky match at Blackburn and the spurs derby.

They don't need to win in the CL because they've already qualified. Titles and trophies aren't won and lost at this time of the year anyway, so a hiccup or two for Arsenal won't mean much atm.

Arsenal v Boro away - lost

Blackburn - drew

Liverpool - drew

US - drew

Can't see what's changed about Arsenal from recent years, they've just played more home games this season.

I don't blame fans for staying away either. Sometimes because of our attendances and being a one club city I think we can be quite ignorant of other clubs and their fans with regards to attendances. Football and Newcastle go together hand in hand and always has done dating right back to the 1800s. We have a rich culture of football here, it literally is in the blood; we are football people. I work in Boro a lot and it isn't and never will be a footballing hotbed and the people are not and never will be footballing people. I don't know why or how but not every town and city gets behind their football club regardless. Some need more than Premiership fixtures, a big game or even top players and a trophy. I think it's all about a feel good factor half the time with clubs like Boro, they need a crest of a wave if you like.

Totally.

How the hell Nufc get 50,000 crowds every match is unbelievable. We've been shite for the last few years, had an arse of a chairman, a load of players who get paid top dollar (often more than at other clubs) and either aren't good enough or don't care. Add to that the managers, and more disapointing games than good...

No (or very few) other club in Britain could do it. Its good in some ways that the support never stops, but then again under Sheppard i wondered whether it would be a good thing for crowds to drop, so he realised nufc fans werent mugs and wanted success...