Are you from Newcastle?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest napalm_squirrel

I'm not, but the rest of my family is. Bar my younger brother.  Grandad even worked on the docks during the war lol

The whole Newcastle/Tyneside region is one big administrative fcuk up.

In any other country of the world the whole of Tyneside would be known as the same city and rightly so instead of four different councils as it is one big continous urban area around the same river.

It therefore does the purpose of this thread no good at all.  I have voted no because despite being born in North Shields and having lived in North Tyneside my whole life I am technically NOT from Newcastle when really I am but Im not when really I am but Im not if you see what i mean.

:crazy2:

you are a land crab.now stop whining.

Guest alijmitchell

Im from Cardiff but have supported Newcastle all my life since my old man is from amble and put the curse on me.

I now live opposite leazes park and can get from the match to my front door in less than 2 minutes!

Tell you what, i'd love the thrill of coming from another city to go to uni in a city like Newcastle and being able to support them as my team. It'd feel like a homecoming of sorts, better than going to a city where no-one gives a toss, or indeed having Newcastle filled with glory hunting tosspost from dahn sarf.

No. Bergen, Norway

Do Charlie Miller and Robbie Winters still play for Brann Bergen?

I remember both of them from their Dundee Utd days.  Winters was a tricky winger in those days but he ended up playing as a striker.  I always felt that he left Utd too early but Aberdeen offered us a stupid amount of money + Billy Dodds for him so we had no choice but to let him go.

Charlie Miller was the biggest waste of talent i've ever seen in my life.  He was far to fond of the beer and cigarettes to realise his potential.

Guest alijmitchell

No. Bergen, Norway

I remember both of them from their Dundee Utd days.  Winters was a tricky winger in those days but he ended up playing as a striker.  I always felt that he left Utd too early but Aberdeen offered us a stupid amount of money + Billy Dodds for him so we had no choice but to let him go.

Charlie Miller was the biggest waste of talent i've ever seen in my life.  He was far to fond of the beer and cigarettes to realise his potential.

The amount of times i've heard my scottish mates say that about x scottish footballer is unreal...

No. Bergen, Norway

The amount of times i've heard my scottish mates say that about x scottish footballer is unreal...

Too many to mention.

Charlie got away with it because he was good enough to stand out in the SPL whilst coasting along at 60% with a raging hangover.  He could have won 50 caps for Scotland if he'd applied himself but his head was fuckin burst.

Guest alijmitchell

No. Bergen, Norway

Too many to mention.

Charlie got away with it because he was good enough to stand out in the SPL whilst coasting along at 60% with a raging hangover.  He could have won 50 caps for Scotland if he'd applied himself but his head was fuckin burst.

Funny that, they're sheep shaggers as well and they've never really mentioned how good charlie miller was. When did he play? might have been before their time like. My knowledge of scottish football players is very patchy to be honest.

No, born in Oxford and lived near there most of my life. Now living in London. Started supporting Newcastle when a young 'un because my cousin was playing for them at the time...if only I knew more about geography at that age, but no regrets. Been a supporter since Jim Smith was in charge, so seen the ups and downs, and although haven't been often, have been to St. James.

No. Bergen, Norway

Too many to mention.

Funny that, they're sheep shaggers as well and they've never really mentioned how good charlie miller was. When did he play? might have been before their time like. My knowledge of scottish football players is very patchy to be honest.

He came through Rangers' youth system during the 90s and was tipped as the next big thing but he got into bad company when Gascoigne signed and Dick Advocaat ended up punting him down to Watford.  Things didn't go well for him there either and Alex Smith brought him up to Dundee Utd in 99/00 when he almost single handedly saved us from relegation.  He was our best player for the next few years but had a habit of saving his best form for when his contract was up for renewal.  He eventually left for Norway but I don't know if he's still there.