Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

f*** him and anyone else who wants to go in my view. Lets not forget we are in this mess because of the players as well as Ashley.

Bye bye habib, take the other moaning tosspots with you.

Beye's one of the few players we have that I actually like but if he doesn't want to be here then he's pretty much useless.

Nobody wants to be here under Hughton with no prospects. Why would they?

Guest Stephen927

Having no idea about Beye's financial situation, I'd assume it's a slightly similar (thought not as extreme) to Rod Tidwell, the American footballer from the Jerry Maguire film. Beye's probably on a far smaller contract than his teammates, has only come into the Premiership at a late stage, was probably not on all that much in France, has one year left on his contract, and a family/lavish lifestyle to maintain for the next 50 years or so as he edges towards retirement. Hence, it's important that he get's this last relatively high-paid contract now, because if he gets seriously injured in this final season then that's possibly his career at the top over. He basically needs the security of a good contract.

He's been at Newcastle now for two years on nearly £2.5 million a year, that's over £7m by the time his contract runs out in 2010.  He spent the 10 years previous to that at clubs like Paris Saint Germain and Marsaille were he'll have earned several million pounds at least.  In short he's a multi millionaire!

Exactly.

How would he ever survive on £20k a week, he might have to give up one of his cars and just get by on a few Bentleys, maybe sell one of his homes and just get by with the two homes, my heart bleeds.

f*** Habib up the ass.

He's done a very good job of coming out smelling of roses, but he's no better than any of the other scum on the books.

Nice incisive comment.....This guy is (imo of course) our most committed and grounded player.  He loves the club, fans, area etc, by rights he should be our club captain.  All of this is no indictment on him, but what is sadly (at the minute) a joke of an organisation.

f*** Habib up the ass.

He's done a very good job of coming out smelling of roses, but he's no better than any of the other scum on the books.

Nice incisive comment.....This guy is (imo of course) our most committed and grounded player.  He loves the club, fans, area etc, by rights he should be our club captain.   All of this is no indictment on him, but what is sadly (at the minute) a joke of an organisation.

He loves the club, fans, area etc yet he'll gladly be fucking off within the next few weeks? How exactly has he proved his love? He's been here 2 years on handsome wages, then hard times come rolling in and he's off? It's not like he's even out of contract. He has a contract, he doesn't need a new one, just get on with playing football if you love the club so very much.

A few kind comments to the media and you're putty in his hands. It's pathetic.

Guest The Libertine

I'm confused why everyone (generally speaking) is having a go at Beye. Its highly unfair if its about the incident last night. We don't know the details of that and for all we know there could be a lot more to it to make him react like that.

2 cases of him getting into fights/mass brawls in 2 games suggests to me he's the more guilty.

He is gone, tbh. No matter what his agent/agent's son/agent's neighbour's budgie says, habib will not be staying, and it's a damn shame

Ironically he is one of the few decent players who I think would have stayed had the club shown any sort of standards during this period. If Shearer had been appointed and the take over process underway, no doubt in my mind he'd be happy to stay put, but why would any player who can still do a job at a better level want to hang around a club which is in freefall with a first team coach in charge for the forseeable future?

Guest firetotheworks

Bring on the character assassination then aye.  :rolleyes:

Pathetic, he's an excellent player who stated he wanted to stay, then got sick of the club pissing about. Call a spade a spade ffs, he's class, we love him, and he'll be sorely missed. Greedy? They're all greedy, the difference is that Beye earns it every week.

f*** Habib up the ass.

Nice incisive comment.....This guy is (imo of course) our most committed and grounded player.  He loves the club, fans, area etc, by rights he should be our club captain.   All of this is no indictment on him, but what is sadly (at the minute) a joke of an organisation.

He loves the club, fans, area etc yet he'll gladly be f***ing off within the next few weeks? How exactly has he proved his love? He's been here 2 years on handsome wages, then hard times come rolling in and he's off? It's not like he's even out of contract. He has a contract, he doesn't need a new one, just get on with playing football if you love the club so very much.

A few kind comments to the media and you're putty in his hands. It's pathetic.

What a load of shite. We are in turmoil and he's coming towards the end of his career. You can hardly blame him in wanting a move to somewhere more stable. Hes a footballer, its his job. He probably doesnt love the club and why should he, but obviously has feeling for it. More than alot of players here. Its ridiculous how many people expect all players coming here to grow this love for the club.

IF he wants to leave so badly then he can hand in a transfer request. I also don't buy the 'there's no one to hand it in too' shite either, Lambarse is around now and then, the club has a secretary, Beye has an agent who's supposed to be good at his job, and if all that fails next time the pathetic whinge wants to blab off to the media he can tell us about his attempts to hand in a transfer request and that he cannot get in touch with the club.

If that was the case and he came out with that my respect levels would be going up for Beye, not tumbling down like they are right now.

But we all know money is the motivation, he doesn't want to lose out on his big chunk of cash be transfer listing himself...so basically wanting to leave and not handing one in = one greedy fuking cunt. Just like the rest of the overpaid under talented tossers we've got on our books.

IF he wants to leave so badly then he can hand in a transfer request. I also don't buy the 'there's no one to hand it in too' shite either, Lambarse is around now and then, the club has a secretary, Beye has an agent who's supposed to be good at his job, and if all that fails next time the pathetic whinge wants to blab off to the media he can tell us about his attempts to hand in a transfer request and that he cannot get in touch with the club.

If that was the case and he came out with that my respect levels would be going up for Beye, not tumbling down like they are right now.

But we all know money is the motivation, he doesn't want to lose out on his big chunk of cash be transfer listing himself...so basically wanting to leave and not handing one in = one greedy fuking cunt. Just like the rest of the overpaid under talented tossers we've got on our books.

Agreed.

I don't expect Habib Beye to love the club and stay forever, just to treat it with respect and do things the proper way. I'm just astounded that he simply says a few nice comments in the media and everyone creams over him. Don't say how much you love the club if you're planning to fuck off. Simply say you'dve loved to stay, but due to the turmoil and the championship status and the fact im proper getting old, im handing in a transfer request. Done.

We're just being strung along by him, as well as the men "in-charge".

Habib Beye is basically as bad as Mike Ashley.  :shifty:

Agreed.

I don't expect Habib Beye to love the club and stay forever, just to treat it with respect and do things the proper way. I'm just astounded that he simply says a few nice comments in the media and everyone creams over him. Don't say how much you love the club if you're planning to fuck off. Simply say you'dve loved to stay, but due to the turmoil and the championship status and the fact im proper getting old, im handing in a transfer request. Done.

We're just being strung along by him, as well as the men "in-charge".

Habib Beye is basically as bad as Mike Ashley.  :shifty:

Exactly. Would appreciate honesty from players right now since no one else within the club will give it to us straight. These words don't match the actions from Beye just annoys me and lets everyone down. No one would blame him if he told us what you've just said, we'd all understand and wish him the best.

Other hand he could have been banking on staying, with Shearer appointed and him as captain and he was looking forward to this but 2 months later and less than 3 weeks before the season kicks off none of it has come about and he's really fuking pissed off and its changing his position. Again though, if he felt so strongly hand in a transfer request, and that goes to any player wanting to leave; actions speak louder than words and stop leeching off the club till you all put it in to administration...which i'm sure some would actually laugh about.

Some of them should be embarrassed accepting any payment right now, they owe it to the club to take a voluntary 25% pay cut since they put us in this situation, but while there's no owner and no manager nothing changes apart from their pay packet. What a job to have. Cunts.

Guest firetotheworks

So hang on, the players should be going in and volunteering to take a pay cut off their own bat? Some absolutely laughable s*** being spouted in here.

Exactly! Who the fuck ever does that? And why should they have to? Especially Beye.

So hang on, the players should be going in and volunteering to take a pay cut off their own bat? Some absolutely laughable shit being spouted in here.

That would never be expected and is a ridiculous suggestion.

I know the club's in turmoil atm but I'd have more respect for a lot of them who want out if they actually put their money where there mouth is and put in transfer requests. I know it may not be possible atm but I'd be amazed if any of them actually do it when the time comes.

So hang on, the players should be going in and volunteering to take a pay cut off their own bat? Some absolutely laughable shit being spouted in here.

Yeah I can't say I agree with that.

It'd be lovely if they did! But I wouldn't by any means expect it.

Course they won't, they are all money grabbing bastards; none of them would do the right thing.

They should though since they are not even worth 10% of their wages.

Having no idea about Beye's financial situation, I'd assume it's a slightly similar (thought not as extreme) to Rod Tidwell, the American footballer from the Jerry Maguire film. Beye's probably on a far smaller contract than his teammates, has only come into the Premiership at a late stage, was probably not on all that much in France, has one year left on his contract, and a family/lavish lifestyle to maintain for the next 50 years or so as he edges towards retirement. Hence, it's important that he get's this last relatively high-paid contract now, because if he gets seriously injured in this final season then that's possibly his career at the top over. He basically needs the security of a good contract.

He's been at Newcastle now for two years on nearly £2.5 million a year, that's over £7m by the time his contract runs out in 2010.  He spent the 10 years previous to that at clubs like Paris Saint Germain and Marsaille were he'll have earned several million pounds at least.  In short he's a multi millionaire!

Exactly.

How would he ever survive on £20k a week, he might have to give up one of his cars and just get by on a few Bentleys, maybe sell one of his homes and just get by with the two homes, my heart bleeds.

If he's on £20k per week, that's what, £1m per year before tax and other deductions? And as he's a high earner, he'll be getting taxed 50% on most of that. So from his time here, he'll have roughly earnt around £2m up to the end of his contract. Hardly alot for a "multi-millionaire" really, especially if this is the most he'll be earning in his career. He's not a household name, so might not be earning much from sponsorship, and none of us have any idea what bonuses he may or may not be getting (and based on last season, there won't have been many paid out anyway given the lack of wins/clean sheets/etc).

It's common knowledge that wages in France are considerably lower than in the Premiership. Beye never played for PSG and was a reserve there (i.e. even lower wages), and being a defender for Strasbourg/Marseille I doubt he was paid all that highly. This is all conjecture though, so who knows, but based on what we do know, he is most likely nowhere near as rich as someone of his calibre deserves to be in relation to teammates, other players elsewhere, etc.

But the point is that unless Beye is going to go into coaching or punditry, the money he has now has to basically last him a lifetime, and the more of it he has before retiring, the better off he and his family will be for it. I don't blame him if he wants to leave because he wants/needs the security of a longer contract at his age. A good number of players at his age, including those at CL clubs, will move for that reason (e.g. 30+ Arsenal stars). It's also perfectly understandable and expected that he'd avoid handing in a transfer request as it'd hurt his own pocket to do so, especially when a transfer would probably happen anyway once the embargo is lifted, added to which the cost of the loyalty bonus for all we know may be included in the purchase price, i.e. the club might not be the one footing the bill.

Course they won't, they are all money grabbing bastards; none of them would do the right thing.

That's mental though. If you or I went into work with a hangover and got nothing done we wouldn't offer to give up some of your money. Just because they're not worth what they're paid doesn't give them any obligation to return the money.

That's mental though. If you or I went into work with a hangover and got nothing done we wouldn't offer to give up some of your money. Just because they're not worth what they're paid doesn't give them any obligation to return the money.

If you went for a hangover for a year (which is what they've done) you'd be sacked.

I'm not saying there is an obligation that's why i said voluntary.  ???

They've effectively been demoted and with most demotions comes a pay cut. BA asked their staff to work for free for a month to help them stay in business, they did, and those people are real people living in a real world with mortgages and financially constraints.

If you went for a hangover for a year (which is what they've done) you'd be sacked.

I'm not saying there is an obligation that's why i said voluntary.  ???

The thing is though, most people, regardless of how much they earn, live to their means, so it's highly unlikely that it would be just a simple case of taking a pay cut.