Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can't really see how anyone can look beyond Sir Alex as the best manager in the league. You could argue that if Wenger has Sir Alex's resources, things would be different; but Ferguson's built the Man Utd of today.

To be fair he was gifted about 8 England internationals for absolutely nowt, brought by Man U's youth teams but it was still a bit lucky.

Guest Heneage

Beye: I had to leave United

Aug 8 2009 Evening Chronicle

HABIB Beye today pleaded with Newcastle United fans to “understand” his reasons for quitting St James’s Park for Aston Villa.

The Senegal international signed a three-year contract at Villa and becomes the third big name to leave St James’s in just over a week after player of the season Sebastien Bassong and Obafemi Martins quit for Spurs and Wolfsburg respectively.

Beye has made it clear since returning to training on July 1 he wanted to leave Newcastle after Alan Shearer was not installed as permanent boss.

Shearer had initial discussions to offer the ex-Marseille skipper a new contract at Gallowgate in order for him to finish his career at United.

However, with both United and Shearer in limbo and the player unwilling to let his contract run out next summer, by which time he will be 32, Beye opted to hand in a transfer request last month.

After signing a lucrative new deal at Villa which banked Magpies owner Mike Ashley around £2m, Beye said: “I hope the Newcastle fans understand why I am leaving. They have been great with me.

“It would give me no greater pleasure than to be playing against them next season at St James’s Park because it means they will have been promoted.

“I enjoyed my two years at the club.”

Beye saw Villa take advantage of Hull City’s reluctance to match his wage demands, meaning another transfer blow for Phil Brown who had hoped to sign the African.

Beye added: “It is going to be great working for Martin O'Neill because Villa have a great team. I am so proud to play here.

“It was important for me to stay in the Premier League, and I am really happy I have done that with Villa.

“Newcastle are a massive club, but everybody knows the problems there at the moment.

“Joining Villa is a great step for me.

“I have signed my contract and I am really glad. I now hope I will be successful with Villa.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/08/beye-i-had-to-leave-united-72703-24349607/

guilty much?

Why is it when players leave the club it makes them a "tosser" or whatever...get over it ffs :lol:

Personally I think he's a tosser for other reasons then leaving the club.  The same reason I think the likes of Barton, Butt, Jonas ect are tossers at the moment.  Because their lack of balls and effort relegated us..  Barton, Jonas and even Butt still have the chance to redeem themselves, Beye never will.

I have to admit I'm just not bothered about Beye leaving, I've got no feeling for most of these fuckers and he was shit last season when we really needed him.  Another tosser gone, who cares, the clubs still here and Beye is insignificant.

To be honest I'm looking forward to the day when every one of them has fucked off, appart from maybe Enrique, Harper and Taylor.

Just wondering how you would win matches with only three players in a team? Are you confident Ashley will make the necessary signings to replace all these terrible players we are losing?

I said I'm looking forward to the day when they're all gone, not I want them all sold now..  I'm looking forward too a couple of years from now when hopefully none of these tossers will be here anymore.  The only players I'd be happy enough to see still in our team in a few years are those three I mentioned, is that clear enough?

So you are pleased to see these players leaving because you are prepared to wait for a couple of years until we're better?

I'm not so much pleased to see them go as just not that bothered and looking on the bright side really.  I wouldn't have been unhappy to see most of them stay for now if it means we'd go back up faster obviously.

No doubt these sales are weakening us at the moment and unless we're taken over soon and players are brought in it'll almost definitely take longer now to go back up, but on the bright side I'm closer to never having to see this lot in a Newcastle shirt again.  Always a silver lining somewhere :)

I'm not so much pleased to see them go as looking on the bright side really.  Of course I wouldn't have been unhappy to see most of them stay if it means we'd go back up faster.  But even then I'd still be looking forward to them fucking off eventually.

These sales are weakening us and it'll probably take us longer now to go back up, but on the bright side I'm closer to never having to see this lot in a Newcastle shirt again.  Always a silver lining somewhere :)

Fair enough. I share Shearer's view that most of the players are expendable but you would like to build the side around the few decent players here, Beye is one I would include in that. I also strongly believe if Shearer had been given the job, the likes of Beye would have been happy to stay.

The alternative Ashley plan of selling the players and buying none is not a good one in my view so I don't pat him on the back of getting rid of our best players in any way whatsoever.

I agree and I'm definitely not patting Ashley on the back.  Just looking on the bright side of the current situation.  Obviously I'm hoping that someone will either take over or Ashley will have to accept the club needs to get moving again.  Meaning some of the money brought in from transfers will need to be invested in new players.

Guest Duffer

anything but hull best of luck to a player i genuinely liked throughout his whole newcastle career enjoy european football again

arguably or best player last season IMO

• 3 weeks later...