Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

IF he wants to leave so badly then he can hand in a transfer request. I also don't buy the 'there's no one to hand it in too' s**** either, Lambarse is around now and then, the club has a secretary, Beye has an agent who's supposed to be good at his job, and if all that fails next time the pathetic whinge wants to blab off to the media he can tell us about his attempts to hand in a transfer request and that he cannot get in touch with the club.

If that was the case and he came out with that my respect levels would be going up for Beye, not tumbling down like they are right now.

But we all know money is the motivation, he doesn't want to lose out on his big chunk of cash be transfer listing himself...so basically wanting to leave and not handing one in = one greedy fuking c***. Just like the rest of the overpaid under talented tossers we've got on our books.

Agreed.

I don't expect Habib Beye to love the club and stay forever, just to treat it with respect and do things the proper way. I'm just astounded that he simply says a few nice comments in the media and everyone creams over him. Don't say how much you love the club if you're planning to f*** off. Simply say you'dve loved to stay, but due to the turmoil and the championship status and the fact im proper getting old, im handing in a transfer request. Done.

We're just being strung along by him, as well as the men "in-charge".

Habib Beye is basically as bad as Mike Ashley.  :shifty:

More bollocks. Maybe, just maybe he isnt THAT bothered about leaving. He had said in an earlier interview he would stay, but I would assume that would be if the club had been sold, a manager had been appointed and we had some stability. He's hardly kicking up a fuss, just saying he wants to leave because of the situation. You could hardly blame any player for that. We are a total mess.

Guest The Libertine
He's hardly kicking up a fuss, just saying he wants to leave because of the situation.

he is kicking up a fuss by doing all this publicly. a simple transfer request and a brief statement would suffice and save more needless aggro.

If he doesn't want to be here then he should do things properly and hand in a transfer request. At least N'Zogbia and Milner had the decency to leave the club in the right manner. 

I'll be sorry to see him go (and hopefully he'll stay) but if he's not 100% committed to the club then it's best if he pisses off asap.

So hang on, the players should be going in and volunteering to take a pay cut off their own bat? Some absolutely laughable shit being spouted in here.

Course they won't, they are all money grabbing bastards; none of them would do the right thing.

They should though since they are not even worth 10% of their wages.

That's mental though. If you or I went into work with a hangover and got nothing done we wouldn't offer to give up some of your money. Just because they're not worth what they're paid doesn't give them any obligation to return the money.

If you went for a hangover for a year (which is what they've done) you'd be sacked

And any properly run business would have clauses in your contract which enabled them to get rid of you if you rolled in with a year-long hangover.

No-one is saying everyone should take a paycut because its unrealistic.  There difference though is that Beye apparently loves the club, what's the point in saying this when he blatantly doesn't?

Like I posted about a week ago, he said the exact same things a couple of weeks before he came to us.  He's a good player but no different from Butt, Smith etc. attitude wise.

The only player I have faith in at the moment is Taylor and I reckon he'd be tempted by a top half PL club.

So hang on, the players should be going in and volunteering to take a pay cut off their own bat? Some absolutely laughable shit being spouted in here.

Course they won't, they are all money grabbing bastards; none of them would do the right thing.

They should though since they are not even worth 10% of their wages.

That's mental though. If you or I went into work with a hangover and got nothing done we wouldn't offer to give up some of your money. Just because they're not worth what they're paid doesn't give them any obligation to return the money.

If you went for a hangover for a year (which is what they've done) you'd be sacked

And any properly run business would have clauses in your contract which enabled them to get rid of you if you rolled in with a year-long hangover.

I hope mine doesn't :(

If he doesn't want to be here then he should do things properly and hand in a transfer request. At least N'Zogbia and Milner had the decency to leave the club in the right manner. 

I'll be sorry to see him go (and hopefully he'll stay) but if he's not 100% committed to the club then it's best if he pisses off asap.

Maybe he does want to stay but wants a contract extension? Something I'll bet Shearer privately suggested he'd be getting if he was put in charge. Shearer had ear-marked Beye as one of the three players he wanted to re-build around, but now we have Chris Hughton handed the reigns with no clout and no respect from either directors or playing staff.

If the goalposts have been changed then obviously players attitudes are going to change as well. Give Shearer the job tomorrow and this will all be sorted.

As I said, maybe he would be delighted to stay had Ashley done the normal thing in preparing us for this season. We are in a ridiculous situation and I can imagine every player wanting to leave if nothing is resolved.

Maybe he does want to stay but wants a contract extension? Something I'll bet Shearer privately suggested he'd be getting if he was put in charge. Shearer had ear-marked Beye as one of the three players he wanted to re-build around, but now we have Chris Hughton handed the reigns with no clout and no respect from either directors or playing staff.

If the goalposts have been changed then obviously players attitudes are going to change as well. Give Shearer the job tomorrow and this will all be sorted.

If he's asking for a contract extension (presumably on better terms?) then he couldn't have chosen a worse time to ask for one!  :lol:

I do agree that the appointment of Shearer would calm a lot of this fuss down. It would settle most of the players and allow us to function like a normal club. We don't know exactly what's going on behind the scenes which means we're all jumping to conclusions and joining the dots as we see them.

That said, if he's negotiating with other clubs behind the club's back then he's a twat. Just like Given was a twat for doing the same thing in January. If a player doesn't want to be here then that's fair enough - I wouldn't be too surprised at all. But if they do want out then do things properly and ask for a transfer. I'm just asking for a bit of honesty from him, and the rest of them for that matter. A bit of honesty from Ashley wouldn't go amiss either... :hmm: 

I'm at a loss as to why anyone wants our best player to put a transfer request in.

No-one wants Shola to put a transfer request in, keep up ffs.

Obviously I'd far, far prefer it if Habib stayed, but I'd also rather he put in a transfer request than engineered a move away and kept a loyalty bonus (hypothetical, not saying he's actually doing this).

I'm at a loss as to why anyone wants our best player to put a transfer request in.

By the sounds of it he should've been sent off twice in pre-season.  Not exactly a perfect start to life in the Championship.

I said if he wants to leave, he should put a transfer request in. Personally, I hope he stays because I think he'd be the best full-back in the league but if he doesn't want to be here....

I know what the title thread says, but earlier in the summer he said he was willing to stay. He probably wants to stay assuming we start acting like a normal club and sort ourselves out. He would be stupid to put in an request, leave, then everything gets sorted. It might not be as black and white as you're making out.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Having no idea about Beye's financial situation, I'd assume it's a slightly similar (thought not as extreme) to Rod Tidwell, the American footballer from the Jerry Maguire film. Beye's probably on a far smaller contract than his teammates, has only come into the Premiership at a late stage, was probably not on all that much in France, has one year left on his contract, and a family/lavish lifestyle to maintain for the next 50 years or so as he edges towards retirement. Hence, it's important that he get's this last relatively high-paid contract now, because if he gets seriously injured in this final season then that's possibly his career at the top over. He basically needs the security of a good contract.

He's been at Newcastle now for two years on nearly £2.5 million a year, that's over £7m by the time his contract runs out in 2010.  He spent the 10 years previous to that at clubs like Paris Saint Germain and Marsaille were he'll have earned several million pounds at least.  In short he's a multi millionaire!

Exactly.

How would he ever survive on £20k a week, he might have to give up one of his cars and just get by on a few Bentleys, maybe sell one of his homes and just get by with the two homes, my heart bleeds.

If he's on £20k per week, that's what, £1m per year before tax and other deductions? And as he's a high earner, he'll be getting taxed 50% on most of that. So from his time here, he'll have roughly earnt around £2m up to the end of his contract. Hardly alot for a "multi-millionaire" really, especially if this is the most he'll be earning in his career. He's not a household name, so might not be earning much from sponsorship, and none of us have any idea what bonuses he may or may not be getting (and based on last season, there won't have been many paid out anyway given the lack of wins/clean sheets/etc).

It's common knowledge that wages in France are considerably lower than in the Premiership. Beye never played for PSG and was a reserve there (i.e. even lower wages), and being a defender for Strasbourg/Marseille I doubt he was paid all that highly. This is all conjecture though, so who knows, but based on what we do know, he is most likely nowhere near as rich as someone of his calibre deserves to be in relation to teammates, other players elsewhere, etc.

But the point is that unless Beye is going to go into coaching or punditry, the money he has now has to basically last him a lifetime, and the more of it he has before retiring, the better off he and his family will be for it. I don't blame him if he wants to leave because he wants/needs the security of a longer contract at his age. A good number of players at his age, including those at CL clubs, will move for that reason (e.g. 30+ Arsenal stars). It's also perfectly understandable and expected that he'd avoid handing in a transfer request as it'd hurt his own pocket to do so, especially when a transfer would probably happen anyway once the embargo is lifted, added to which the cost of the loyalty bonus for all we know may be included in the purchase price, i.e. the club might not be the one footing the bill.

I said if he wants to leave, he should put a transfer request in. Personally, I hope he stays because I think he'd be the best full-back in the league but if he doesn't want to be here....

He's made it pretty clear he wants to stay imo. He just wants things sorted, same as the rest of us. That won't happen and he'll be forced to walk away - that does not make him a cunt, greedy or any of the other disgraceful things he's been called over the last week.

It all simply comes back to the fat slug at the helm.

Midds, you're demanding he either hand in an official transfer request or tells everyone he is here to stay. No player in their right mind would do that at the moment unless they were desperate to leave.

He's made it pretty clear he wants to stay imo. He just wants things sorted, same as the rest of us. That won't happen and he'll be forced to walk away - that does not make him a cunt, greedy or any of the other disgraceful things he's been called over the last week.

I thought he confirmed he wanted to leave, hence the thread title?  ???

We all want things sorting out but he's under contract to the club whereas we aren't. He's got a choice - he can either knuckle down and do what he's being paid handsomely to do or he can leave. I'm just saying that if it' the latter, he needs to do things properly. I've already said I want him to stay but I wouldn't want him to stay if he's going to twist on all the time. He's either part of the problem or part of the solution. 

I thought he confirmed he wanted to leave, hence the thread title? ???

We all want things sorting out but he's under contract to the club whereas we aren't. He's got a choice - he can either knuckle down and do what he's being paid handsomely to do or he can leave. I'm just saying that if it' the latter, he needs to do things properly. I've already said I want him to stay but I wouldn't want him to stay if he's going to twist on all the time. He's either part of the problem or part of the solution.

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting."

"This cannot go on, it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

What he wants and what he might have to do are clearly two different things. Like JJ says, why would he put a transfer request in when Shearer might take over next week and he gets what he wants?

The fact is that if we're only going to have players on the books who want to be at Mike Ashley's Newcastle United and feel their career can progress here then we're looking at two sets of players - the wastes of oxygen we've already got on massive wedge and utterly desperate shite from divisions lower than the Championship.

I'd rather Beye was unhappy than not with the way things are going. I don't give two fucks if he's getting involved in fights on the pitch - I'm just living in hope that he's keeping in practice for the next time he sees Mike Ashley.

I thought he confirmed he wanted to leave, hence the thread title?  ???

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting."

"This cannot go on, it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

What he wants and what he might have to do are clearly two different things. Like JJ says, why would he put a transfer request in when Shearer might take over next week and he gets what he wants?

The fact is that if we're only going to have players on the books who want to be at Mike Ashley's Newcastle United and feel their career can progress here then we're looking at two sets of players - the wastes of oxygen we've already got on massive wedge and utterly desperate shite from divisions lower than the Championship.

I'd rather Beye was unhappy than not with the way things are going. I don't give two fucks if he's getting involved in fights on the pitch - I'm just living in hope that he's keeping in practice for the next time he sees Mike Ashley.

:thup: