Jose Enrique

Kev

Evra is the best left back in the league for me, but he was shiite in his first half season.

To back that up I'm sure he got subbed at half time on his debut against a lower league team in the FA Cup.

Probably was dropped because he was poor against Liverpool but who wasnt in fairness in that game!I would def agree though Zogs being wasted in lb and looks uncomfortable playing there

Agreed. Maybe Sam knows something we don't but Zoggy LW Milner RW Enrique LB for me.

Enrique is still learning and has just moved to a new country and a new league. I'm sure he'll be a big player for us in the years to come. He's only played 47 competitive game of football in his career.

Guest Knightrider

I still think Allardyce is trying to protect him.

Agreed. He's clearly nowhere near ready enough to start games week in week out, not in a back-four that changes one week to the next in a side that is struggling to keep them out. Sam has a history of easing in foreign players if he can help it, indeed he said he'd do this with Enrique when we bought him. He wanted to do it with some of the others too but injuries haven't allowed him that opportunity.

He's protecting a 21 year old foreign player by playing a 21 year old foreign player out of position.

If he's protecting Enrique is he sacrificing N'Zogbia?

To be honest, I fail to see how being kept out of the team by someone playing out of position is "protecting" the player and giving him confidence. If he had played & been terrible in a couple of games, then fair enough give him a rest, but he's not been that bad when he's played has he? No worse than N'Zogbia (defensively) anyway. When players are in & out of the team it's often used as an excuse for WHY they play badly when they do play (eg N'Zogbia, Luque), so how does it HELP the player in this case?

We have a run of 4 relatively easy games coming up before the season starts to get really hard for us. I think we'll see by whether or not he plays in these games as to whether Sam is "protecting" him or just doesn't think he's good enough.

He's protecting a 21 year old foreign player by playing a 21 year old foreign player out of position.

If he's protecting Enrique is he sacrificing N'Zogbia?

To be honest, I fail to see how being kept out of the team by someone playing out of position is "protecting" the player and giving him confidence. If he had played & been terrible in a couple of games, then fair enough give him a rest, but he's not been that bad when he's played has he? No worse than N'Zogbia (defensively) anyway. When players are in & out of the team it's often used as an excuse for WHY they play badly when they do play (eg N'Zogbia, Luque), so how does it HELP the player in this case?

We have a run of 4 relatively easy games coming up before the season starts to get really hard for us. I think we'll see by whether or not he plays in these games as to whether Sam is "protecting" him or just doesn't think he's good enough.

N'Zogbia has been here much longer, he knows the English game better. Anyway, what's with all this 'out of position' bollocks. When we signed him he was touted as being able to play on the left wing and at left back.

I'll reiterate the fact that I believe he's been kept out due to his confidence taking a severe knock against Liverpool. IMO Big Sam was right to leave him out against Blackburn and Arsenal, two very hard games which we were all but certain to ship a few goals. It wouldn't have helped him at all playing in a side which is at a very low ebb and getting trounced.

I think we'll see him back in against Brum if Allardyce thinks that the team needs changing.

I don't care what he was touted as when he was 18, he's no more experienced in the PL at left back than Enrique is. Unless of course you think just watching Babayaro and Ramage do the job is experience enough.

I don't care what he was touted as when he was 18, he's no more experienced in the PL at left back than Enrique is. Unless of course you think just watching Babayaro and Ramage do the job is experience enough.

He's more experienced in the Premiership. Whether it be at left back or left wing he has a better understanding of the game in this league than Enrique currently.

It helps that he's the fans darling aswell. Our new Spanish left back has a poor game and he's the new Luque/Marcelino etc but N'Zogbia does seem to be one of the few players which could get away with murder and still be commended by the majority of our fans, Taylor being another one.

Guest icemanblue

What surprises me is the lack of misquotes from Spain over how unhappy he is about being dropped.

Maybe we finally have a young player with his head screwed on and Sam has dealt with him the right way (on a man-management scale anyway)

You do realise the you've jinxed him now.  Tomorrows Sun headline:  'ENRIQUE THINKS ALLARDYCE IS A CUNT, DEMANDS MOVE!'

What surprises me is the lack of misquotes from Spain over how unhappy he is about being dropped.

Maybe we finally have a young player with his head screwed on and Sam has dealt with him the right way (on a man-management scale anyway)

You do realise the you've jinxed him now.  Tomorrows Sun headline:  'ENRIQUE THINKS ALLARDYCE IS A c***, DEMANDS MOVE!'

My Bad!