when 1st january comes

Guest LucasUnger

Guest Peter.Sthlm

When 1st january comes NUFC shouldn't be after players such as Lance Davids. He plays for my Swedish team and even though I do like him I can't see him beeing anywhere near good enough for the Premiership.

"Newcastle and Blackburn are keen on South African midfielder Lance Davids, who plays in Sweden. (Daily Mail)"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7135838.stm

When 1st january comes NUFC shouldn't be after players such as Lance Davids. He plays for my Swedish team and even though I do like him I can't see him beeing anywhere near good enough for the Premiership.

"Newcastle and Blackburn are keen on South African midfielder Lance Davids, who plays in Sweden. (Daily Mail)"

Seen the article in Expressen? What a fucking joke.

"The crysis-team Newcastle, currently tenth in the Premier League, who were hoping to be battling for a top place finnish this year, want to strengthen the squad"

mackems.gif

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Seen the article in Expressen? What a f****** joke.

"The crysis-team Newcastle, currently tenth in the Premier League, who were hoping to be battling for a top place finnish this year, want to strengthen the squad"

mackems.gif

Yes I have read it and it's not a good article but then I'm not surprised. Expressen is kind of our version of the Sun even though it might not be as bad.

mackems.gif

Yes I have read it and it's not a good article but then I'm not surprised. Expressen is kind of our version of the Sun even though it might not be as bad.

Funny thing is, both Expressen and Aftonbladet feels like they want to be like the shite English rags, which is even worse :lol:

Priorities:

1. Creative attacking midfielder

2. Target man striker.  I think Crouch and Anelka are the best two options I've seen so far.  Vastly different players, but both could play the top of a 4-5-1 and an attack could be built around them

3. Dynamic winger, preferably able to play on both flanks

4. Fullback

I'm really torn between which should be number 1 in those top three, but I think a creative midfielder who has good vision and can pass is priority number 1.  Pace would be an added asset, but we really lack this now.  I even feel like Nobby could have done a job there this season, but that opportunity's gone.  Would love to see us move for a Bale/Richards type at fullback, although nobody specific comes to mind. 

Guest battyleespeed

For me the "lack of vision" and lack of quality balls from midfield is more of coaching problem than anything else. There seems to be problems with lack of movement and timing/direction of runs which probably comes from the training ground. Barton and Emre are quite good at creating if they are just given options to play the killer ball. Even Butt can play good pass from time to time.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too surprised if Owen would be sold and Big Sam bringing in defender who can play both CB and LB positions and another target player like Crouch.  At least some of them will be similar in attitude to those he already bought (combatitive, leader-type, has will to win, etc.).

I wouldn't mind Jason Koumas in the summer if Wigan go down, not sure how old he is though.

Lol.

Care to expand?

Jason Koumas wouldn't improve our side, he was a very good championship player but hasn't hit it off in the Premiership despite playing for a very poor side, if we have aspirations of getting into Europe we must be looking at a better quality of player.

I wouldn't mind Jason Koumas in the summer if Wigan go down, not sure how old he is though.

Lol.

Care to expand?

Jason Koumas wouldn't improve our side, he was a very good championship player but hasn't hit it off in the Premiership despite playing for a very poor side, if we have aspirations of getting into Europe we must be looking at a better quality of player.

Fair enough, I think he's been pretty impressive this year in the Prem despite playing for a crap team, and he could provide some forward drive to our midfield at a bargain price.

Anyway, this thread was about January, sorry!

Lol.

Care to expand?

Fair enough, I think he's been pretty impressive this year in the Prem despite playing for a crap team, and he could provide some forward drive to our midfield at a bargain price.

I think playing in a poor side helps him look better than he actually is, don't get me wrong he's a decent player but he's nothing better than we already have.

Lol.

Care to expand?

I think playing in a poor side helps him look better than he actually is, don't get me wrong he's a decent player but he's nothing better than we already have.

That's the point for me, really. If we're going to look for centre-midfielders, we need to be looking for very good players who would improve the first team. In the shape of Butt, Emre, Geremi, Barton - we've got two/three very good squad players. Koumas is no better than that.

Think it'd be a mistake letting Emre go tbh, he's a great player

...and they say that word is overused....

:lol:

Sorry, let me rephrase. On his day, he has the potential to be a great player

He's had the potential since he arrived at the club and he's never fucking shown it.  Great players dominate games, they don't manage one or two good passes in 90 minutes and then turn invisible.  The most overrated player we have.

Owen will not leave

Anelka will not come

Carr will  leave

Shola will stay and prove his worth in January when Owen and Martins are not available

We will get one new defender bought as a multi purpose stop gap for LB/CB./RB

/crystal ball

Owen will not leave

Anelka will not come

Carr will  leave

Shola will stay and prove his worth in January when Owen and Martins are not available

We will get one new defender bought as a multi purpose stop gap for LB/CB./RB

/crystal ball

Bad signal?

I know most on here hate shola but he has saved our arses a number of times, end of 06 season, getting us into Europe springs to mind.

In my opinion he would be alot better than Smith or Martins for getting the ball to stick when we hump these long balls.

Obviously he is not world class, but he is good enough for the premiership and would be much happier waiting his chance with the other strikers than someone like Owen, Martins, Viduka or Anelka. It makes no sense to sell him as our backup big man striker.

Guest Brazilianbob

Mort has made it abundantly clear so this is a completely pointless thread.  No one in, and I seriously doubt we will see anyone leave due to African Nations Cup absenteeism.

Guest Chris P

mackems.gif

Funny thing is, both Expressen and Aftonbladet feels like they want to be like the s**** English rags, which is even worse :lol:

I didn't read the article but your quite right about Afton f...ing bladet and Expresssen

Why does everyone want owen out. The money's been paid, he says he's commited. Why on earth should we go -7m. The lads mustard. 

Because some nuggets blame him for being injured and also because he doesnt seem to fit into the system Sam wants to play.

I still think if we can get service to him in the box he will score loads of goals. We need him anyway once Oba fucks of to Africa for however long.

Guest michaelfoster

Why does everyone want owen out. The money's been paid, he says he's commited. Why on earth should we go -7m. The lads mustard. 

Because he's played 20 league games & only scored 9 league goals in two & half years.