If we all...

Skirge

Sang the same fkn thing at the same fkn time the noise would be miles better at the match!!

You do not always pick it up when at the match but I V+ the Gooners game and watching it back you really do hear that we do not all sing in time or even the same song.

A mass chorus of "The Geordie Boot Boys" going on with a mix of "Toon Toon" in with it, The Blaydon Races is even worse when sang, everyone out of time so it just fades away..

:lol: Why dont you dress up in black-tie Skirge and take a baton?

They need more than a conductor and anyway I would'nt want to temp some t*** into setting up a band, all we need is some c*** with a drum and another with a trumpet..

:D :lol:

Just pisses me off, it could be much louder if we all sang the same song..

Not its not a joke, we have one stand singing the blaydon races whilst another stand can a;; be giving it Toon Toon, it sounds shite, like I say at the match you do notice it a little, but on telly is stands out a lot.

Not its not a joke, we have one stand singing the blaydon races whilst another stand can a;; be giving it Toon Toon, it sounds shite, like I say at the match you do notice it a little, but on telly is stands out a lot.

Does it matter what it sounds like on telly if it sounds alright at the match though?

Due to the speed of sound and whatnot, you are never going to get everyone singing at exactly the same time, even if there is a drum.

Close enough to in time with each other will do, but the same song is the important bit. :lol: Not a blend of Toon Toon and The Geordie Boot Boys.

No it does not matter how it sounds on the telly but it did show that we could be way louder if we all sang the same thing.

Funny, coz ther's one LOUD fekker in the Milburn Stand (I think) who u can hear on the telly. When St James' is quiet (apologies but it happens now and then) one man with a very loud voice shouts UNITED....-UNITED....-UNITED....-UNITED all on his own. Funny, coz you can hear him quite loud on the telly. Ok, my point  is that such a loud fekker should be appointed go-go-magpie and get the crowd going. He takes tune if you like and the rest follow, or must follow rather! That works over here in Sweden anyway. I h8 drums by the way, it's for nerds living in SE20 Charlton. 

Funny, coz ther's one LOUD fekker in the Milburn Stand (I think) who u can hear on the telly. When St James' is quiet (apologies but it happens now and then) one man with a very loud voice shouts UNITED....-UNITED....-UNITED....-UNITED all on his own. Funny, coz you can hear him quite loud on the telly. Ok, my point  is that such a loud fekker should be appointed go-go-magpie and get the crowd going. He takes tune if you like and the rest follow, or must follow rather! That works over here in Sweden anyway. I h8 drums by the way, it's for nerds living in SE20 Charlton. 

SE20 is crystal palace not charlton

I reckon that out of the 52,000 at St James roughly 30-35,000 are tone deaf (if not more).

So how come all the sons (at any ground) all sound perfectly in tune?

In particular I'm thinking of You'll never work again at Anfield, having worked with a lot of Anfield ST holders I know they couldn't sing for toffee, yet it sounds almost pitch perfect in the gorund

I reckon that out of the 52,000 at St James roughly 30-35,000 are tone deaf (if not more).

In particular I'm thinking of You'll never work again at Anfield, having worked with a lot of Anfield ST holders I know they couldn't sing for toffee, yet it sounds almost pitch perfect in the gorund

Trick of the ear, I'd guess.

Superb question!!

My guess would be what you hear is the average tone - a certain percentage will be flat, the others sharp.

I bet Professor Heinz Wolff from the Great Egg race would know the answer.

Guest toonlass

I'm up in Level 7 and even when it sounds really loud up here others in the lower leazes have said we don't sound that loud. Its hard enough to get everyone in one stand singing the same song, but it would be a damn miracle if the whole ground sang. I think if everyone just sang rather than sit there looking annoyed it would be better.

I'm up in Level 7 and even when it sounds really loud up here others in the lower leazes have said we don't sound that loud. Its hard enough to get everyone in one stand singing the same song, but it would be a damn miracle if the whole ground sang. I think if everyone just sang rather than sit there looking annoyed it would be better.

Yes. It would also be better if everyone is standing. Too bad it ain't gone happen, same for the singing I guess.

Guest taff2727

Not its not a joke, we have one stand singing the blaydon races whilst another stand can a;; be giving it Toon Toon, it sounds s****, like I say at the match you do notice it a little, but on telly is stands out a lot.

TURN THE SOUND OFF, then listen to a couple of lyndisfarne tracks.

its called audio dubbing,failing that come to the game.