Lifetime achievement award for Sir Bobby

James

Just echoing what's already been said. Thoroughly deserved. I found it hard watching him struggling up to the stage and then being helped off by Ferguson, especially when you consider how he was always up and about when he managed us just a few years ago. I was pleased to see that he's still sharp in his mind though.

Very well deserved.

Guest Guinness

The man is a true great and thoroughly deserved the award. His speach was class, good to see that he hasn't lost is sense of humour :clap:

Guest Darth Toon

Aye, had me welling up watching him struggle to the stage, but the speech put a smile back on the face, the old spirit is clearly still there.

One of those few people the word Legend can rightly and universally be applied to. Can't imagine we'll ever see his likes again.

A truly great man.

Although he grew to "love" other clubs through professional association Bobby only ever loved one club from the heart - the same one most of us on here love.

I had heard he was not looking too well recently but as has been said earlier in this thread the mind ia still as sharp as a razor.

Two big regrets are he did not return to us soon enough - he could have made us great - and the manner in which he departed. He was betrayed by certain people and although as ever he will maintain a dignified silence he was very hurt by it.

I think he may be back at SJP to watch his club and I'm sure he'll bring the house down again.

Just watched it now on the Beeb site. Fucking awesome. Absolutely welled up when the camera panned to Sir Bob just about holding it together and then to Elsie who was in tears herself. He's still got a lot about him, tbh, still think there's a place in football for him somewhere. NUFC could do some with him in an ambassador role or something.

NUFC could do some with him in an ambassador role or something.

I said the same thing to wor lass on Sunday night.

I know Shearer has the job, but imagine if we were trying to capture a big name and we could get Shearer and SBR in to talk to them about the club, etc.? We all know Shearer had a lot to do with persuading Owen, so it's not as daft as it may sound.

know Shearer has the job, but imagine if we were trying to capture a big name and we could get Shearer and SBR in to talk to them about the club, etc.? We all know Shearer had a lot to do with persuading Owen, so it's not as daft as it may sound

I think it would be nice to have SBR around SJP anyway.

Should be a guest against Derby at home.

Didn't see the show last night, but have just caught the interview. Superb, yet I was a wee bit upset with how frail he looks now. I hope is health is on the way up.  :thup:

I agree that the club should do something for him - be it a benefit game to say 'thanks', or some sort of PR role with the club. He turned us around after the damage what Guillit did and yet ended up being very shabbily treated by the club and some of the bigger name players.

Legend - simple as that.  :coolsmiley: