Ben Tozer signs on 4.5 year contract

Thespence

Newcastle United have been linked with a move for Swindon Town's central defender, Ben Tozer, with the 17-year-old rated in the £500,000 bracket

http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/display.var.1907285.0.allardyce_insists_club_have_noone_to_sell.php

Also benen linked with Tamas Kadar:

Sam's Hungry for Tamas

Newcastle United are trying to tie up a deal for Zalaegerszeg's 17-year-old defender Tamas Kadar.

The Hungarian, who was also invited to a trial with Bolton, is a first-team regular and impressed in Newcastle's friendly against Hartlepool.

The club hope to strike a deal for about £650,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=502474&in_page_id=1779

Rumours round the swindon game today that the Swindon player has signed. Dont know anything about him other than what you can find on the net.

Signed for Swindon from Plymouth in the summer (2007)

Turned heads playing Charlton of the park. (great sign :o)

Plays LB but apparently is versatile.

Has been on trial at Everton, but looks like we have beaten them and a couple of other sides to his signature.

Wiki says he will sign for 1.1m + a few clause payments, who knows who put that on there though.

Rumours round the swindon game today that the Swindon player has signed. Dont know anything about him other than what you can find on the net.

Signed for Swindon from Plymouth in the summer (2007)

Turned heads playing Charlton of the park. (great sign :o)

Plays LB but apparently is versatile.

Has been on trial at Everton, but looks like we have beaten them and a couple of other sides to his signature.

Wiki says he will sign for 1.1m + a few clause payments, who knows who put that on there though.

Some very unreliable Newcastle web page also carries the same story.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

TOWN'S teenage defender Ben Tozer is set to sign for Barclays Premier League Newcastle United for £1.1million.

Club director Bob Holt this morning confirmed an offer for the youngster had been made and the Swindon Advertiser understands it will be accepted tomorrow.

Tozer, who has made just a handful of first team appearances, has been at the centre of a bidding war between Premier League sides Everton, Portsmouth and Newcastle and it appears the Magpies have got their man.

advertisementThe news comes as the long-awaited takeover of the club by Wiltshire businessman Andrew Fitton looks set to come to a head.

Fitton told www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk last night that both parties' lawyers are now just checking the wording of the contract and, if acceptable, the deal will go ahead tomorrow.

''Providing the lawyers agree the documentation, which they should do, the deal will go ahead,'' he said.

''Monday morning is now the critical time.''

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.1907937.0.tozer_off_to_toon.php

Positive to see us buying promising youth players.

Can't say I know anything about the kid though. £1.1m is quite a bit of wedge but hopefully he'll prove well worth it over the coming years.

the fee would suggest we do have money to spend

Can't say I know anything about the kid though. £1.1m is quite a bit of wedge but hopefully he'll prove well worth it over the coming years.

You admit to knowing nothing about the lad yet you class him as "promising" why? Because he is young? Or he has trial at other Premiership clubs?

Taking a quick browse of TheFA.com I dont think he is any of England youth teams. All I know he is CB who has played a few games & got sent off in one of them.

You admit to knowing nothing about the lad yet you class him as "promising" why? Because he is young? Or he has trial at other Premiership clubs?

Taking a quick browse of TheFA.com I dont think he is any of England youth teams. All I know he is CB who has played a few games & got sent off in one of them.

Simply because if he had no promise then we wouldn't have been alerted to him, scouted him nor made an offer for him.

We would not have bought him if he didn't have potential. Thats why I called him a 'promising signing'.

Their fans aren't even sure who he is:

1.1 million! whats the betting newcastle haven't paid anywhere near that amount, or it will be yet another undisclosed fee! he didn't have the best of games yesterday, mind you i could of picked 11 people out of the crowd that could of played better than them lot yesterday.

It seemed obvious to me that he was off - fit and available yesterday but not even on the bench..... No surprises.

Maybe this is what has held up the deal - Let's hope it all gets sorted tomorrow. My nerves are frayed.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/display.var.1907937.0.tozer_off_to_toon.php

:lol:

There must be something more to him than that TheSpence. I don't know what that is, but he can't demand a £1.1million transfer free from us (we're spending wisely with the new board etc :p), if he was pap.

There must be something more to him than that TheSpence. I don't know what that is, but he can't demand a £1.1million transfer free from us (we're spending wisely with the new board etc :p), if he was pap.

Played for the ESFA, so the next step would of been the under 17's (which he hasn't) but moving to NUFC maybe a enough to propel him to the U19's within the next call up. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the call up system especially at that age, who knows whats about and what other factors have stopped him from a call up so far.

All that's besides the point, the point being were investing in young English talent for a future NUFC instead of buying ageing players with their best years behind them. I've heard he plays LB as well, maybe why we let Babayaro go? Hope so.

:shifty: he has the ability to morph into a small vole, tunnel under the pitch and make divots in the oppositions penalty area.  Therefore when Butt tries a 35 yard daisy cutter, the ball could hit one of these divots and fly past the opposing goalkeeper into the back of the net, whereby swarms of young children in the Gallowgate End will flood onto the pitch, waving their scarves and salute our centre half/vole-man.