Ben Tozer signs on 4.5 year contract

Thespence

Newcastle United look to have won the race to sign Swindon Town's highly-rated starlet Ben Tozer.

The 17-year-old defender arrived at St James' Park on Monday in a bid to thrash out personal terms in a deal that could net cash-strapped Swindon in excess of £1million.

The two clubs concurred on an initial fee of £250,000, which could rise to an eventual £1.1million depending on appearances.

A move to the Premier League would cap a remarkable turnaround in fortunes for Tozer, who only arrived at Swindon in the summer having been deemed surplus to requirements at Plymouth.

A club spokesman confirmed: "Ben has travelled up today and we are very confident that he will agree a deal.

"The deal is not yet confirmed but both clubs have agreed a deal and we are just waiting for confirmation."

From Sky Sports.

Any chance someone could change the thread title on this thread,  too? 

Just been snooping around a Swindon forum, and alot of the people there are thinking this is a bit of a fishy transfer as they're right in the middle of a takeover. Strange time to arrange selling a player.

I work with Ben Tozer's mother.

I knew he was a promising defender at Plymouth Argyle, but he got messed around with his contract so took up the Swindon deal.  He's been involved with England youth setup aswell at under 18 level.

Will ask her what is going on tomorrow.

Dont see how it is the strange. The club is on its arse, one takeover has failed. The person wanting to takeover now wants the club £0.00 but will take the debts on. They are selling a player who they got for zilch off Plymouth & who has played about 5 games & got sent off in one of them.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

I knew he was a promising defender at Plymouth Argyle, but he got messed around with his contract so took up the Swindon deal.  He's been involved with England youth setup aswell at under 18 level.

Wind up?

Wind up?

Nah, I'd imagine she is human.

The mother speaks. Hakka can you please confirm all her quotes are genuine & not the guys at Plymouth.co.uk misquoting her.

The former Plymstock School and City College student's mum, Sue Coles, admitted she was excited about her son's transfer, but insisted her son's feet are planted firmly on the ground.

"It's just so surreal at the moment - everthing has happened so quickly," said Mrs Coles.

"Ben has just gone from strength to strength up at Swindon, but this has left my head spinning.

"It's like something you only read about and then you realise that it's my son who is joining a really massive club like Newcastle.

"Ben was so disappointed when things didn't work out for him at Argyle, but that's all behind him now and he has, hopefully, a fantastic future.

"He owes Dave (Byrne) so much, we all do and we can't begin to thank him.

"Ben thinks the world of him (Byrne) as he does Mr (John) Blackley and Paul Sturrock.

"But it's all so amazing."

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=184334&command=displayContent&sourceNode=135656&contentPK=19292237&pNodeId=135637

Wind up?

Nah, I actually do work for same company in same building as her, just different departments. 

Guest kingdawson

The swindon assistant manager was on Sky Sports about 20 minutes ago and when he was asked who this kid reminds him of in terms of his style of play, the assistant manager replied.........................................................................MICHAEL DAWSON :thup:. Looks like you got yourself a good one there :thup: :thup:

The swindon assistant manager was on Sky Sports about 20 minutes ago and when he was asked who this kid reminds him of in terms of his style of play, the assistant manager replied.........................................................................MICHAEL DAWSON :thup:.

FUCK :rant:

Wind up?

Nah, I'd imagine she is human.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

The swindon assistant manager was on Sky Sports about 20 minutes ago and when he was asked who this kid reminds him of in terms of his style of play, the assistant manager replied.........................................................................MICHAEL DAWSON :thup:. Looks like you got yourself a good one there :thup: :thup:

Ahhh shit!  :laugh:

Its a refreshing policy for us to do.  Allardyce has said he'll probably go out on loan in january to a championship team.  Good stuff.

would be an amusing circle if he was loaned back to Plymouth Argyle. lol...

There must be something more to him than that TheSpence. I don't know what that is, but he can't demand a £1.1million transfer free from us (we're spending wisely with the new board etc :p), if he was pap.

:shifty: he has the ability to morph into a small vole, tunnel under the pitch and make divots in the oppositions penalty area.  Therefore when Butt tries a 35 yard daisy cutter, the ball could hit one of these divots and fly past the opposing goalkeeper into the back of the net, whereby swarms of young children in the Gallowgate End will flood onto the pitch, waving their scarves and salute our centre half/vole-man.

:lol: "Handy Vole, Handy Vole, Handy Handy Vole; He digs the pitch, Butt scores a goal, Handy Handy Vole."

Tozer the tosser then