Geremi

Kev

imo hes one of the worst players in our squad

should be in the top 5 worst signings of the summer

i never did rate him, hes played shite all season

i hope hes dropped v derby, never captain again and rid of him in a few weeks

i might be being harsh but i think hes shit and gives the ball away all of the time

Guest Knightrider

The calm, collected smooth passer of pre-season has turned into a stuttering mess, constantly giving the ball away under the slightest pressure. It's bizarre.

To be fair to him, the team itself has been very inconsistent in terms of not only results and performances but team lineups and partnerships too and until that changes he and others will continue to put in inconsistent performances. Anyway I don't see Geremi as a long-term first-team fixture here, but more of a squad player.

Emre seems to be playing his best when he's being brought off the bench lately when there's more space and he can influence the game that way, which results in everyone saying he should start, then he plays poor when he starts, then comes off the bench and plays well, vicious cycle and all of that.

Guest nufcandy

milner emre barton n'zogbia

for me. emre can fill in where needed off the bench

think emres best produced from the bench, thats the problem i have with starting him

A fine squad player and by all accounts a good personality and professional to have around the club. Versatile as well, so can fill in a few positions.

Better squad depth than the likes of Pattison, which is the idea behind squad depth, no?

I don't think he's a long-term first choice player at all so...

I don't see the point in doing something stupid like that at all.

A fine squad player and by all accounts a good personality and professional to have around the club. Versatile as well, so can fill in a few positions.

Better squad depth than the likes of Pattison, which is the idea behind squad depth, no?

Much rather we replaced and got rid of Butt

Or how about we just buy someone to compete with Butt and have both of them?

Guest nufcandy

oh now that would be far to sane for some people to cope with :)

i never did rate him, hes played s**** all season

i might be being harsh but i think hes s*** and gives the ball away all of the time

Yes, Geremi has been poor lately, but to say "get rid of him" is just stupid. He clearly can play well as he has shown in pre-season and we're going to have to be patient with him. If he doesn't find his form eventually then he'll have to be more of a bit-part player and someone else will have to be captain. He's also decent at right back if Beye is ever injured or moves to the centre.

I'm a bit disappointed with him tbh, yeah. I still think that he's quite important to the squad though, not only on the pitch. The revitalisation of N'Zogbia is enough to thank him for at the moment, but ont he pitch he's not really delivering. Doesn't help that he's one of the select few that changes position/roles every single game.

Nah Butt will be on massive money, money which could be better spent.  If we got someone in there's no way Butt should be staying, he's just too one dimensional.  Replacing him and adding some creative midfielders should be our priority.  The last thing we need is to replace Butt in the team without also moving him on out of the club

We've had our better results recently with Geremi in the team than we had for the few games without him.  Maybe he makes a difference that we're not seeing, I'm not saying that he does but you never know.

Nah Butt will be on massive money, money which could be better spent.  If we got someone in there's no way Butt should be staying, he's just too one dimensional.  Replacing him and adding some creative midfielders should be our priority.  The last thing we need is to replace Butt in the team without also moving him on out of the club

So let's say this replacement holding midfielder gets injured, which has been known to happen in football from time to time?

What then? We'll have nobody who can play the holding role adequately which Butt, while not a top player at all, can certainly do.

We'll get nothing for selling him and we'd then need to bring in two players rather than just one, which will cost at least as much as what we'll have to paty Butt over the next two years or so.

Add to that that Butt is a solid professional who knows the kind of mentality a succesful team needs and it's really far more beneficial to keep him than just getting rid because he's not first team.

Squad depth ftw?

We've had our better results recently with Geremi in the team than we had for the few games without him.  Maybe he makes a difference that we're not seeing, I'm not saying that he does but you never know.

There's every chance of this in my opinion, especially the Arsenal game.

I'd certainly try and keep Butt till the end of his career. His experience is crucial. I can imagine he's a key person in the dressing room aswell, and he's just the sort of player that Sam can use well; it's not surprising that Sam wants his contract extending.

Butt's been shite away from home, yet one of our most consistent performers at home - often playing quite brilliantly actually. It's bizarre.

So let's say this replacement holding midfielder gets injured, which has been known to happen in football from time to time?

What then? We'll have nobody who can play the holding role adequately which Butt, while not a top player at all, can certainly do.

We'll get nothing for selling him and we'd then need to bring in two players rather than just one, which will cost at least as much as what we'll have to paty Butt over the next two years or so.

Add to that that Butt is a solid professional who knows the kind of mentality a succesful team needs and it's really far more beneficial to keep him than just getting rid because he's not first team.

Squad depth ftw?

I understand what you're saying, but if we have to lose a couple of players to gain 4 or 5, he's one of the first I'd want rid of.  Just my opinion.

i never did rate him, hes played s**** all season

i might be being harsh but i think hes s*** and gives the ball away all of the time

Yes, Geremi has been poor lately, but to say "get rid of him" is just stupid. He clearly can play well as he has shown in pre-season and we're going to have to be patient with him. If he doesn't find his form eventually then he'll have to be more of a bit-part player and someone else will have to be captain. He's also decent at right back if Beye is ever injured or moves to the centre.

im entitled to my own opinion  :smitten:

Guest nufcandy

i just think hes the type of player any team in the league...maybe not like liverpool, arse and chelsea...would like to have as back up if not a week in week out first teamer