Ben Haim

Mr. Snrub

Guest johnson293

So £2m being touted for both Ben Haim and Wes  Brown, I'd take both for £4m to £5m!

Me too - however, I would be happier if we were also looking to sign another left back, if Enrique is struggling to settle as quick as hoped - then at least we can release N'Zogbia to get forward regularly again.

With letting Babayaro go, we really only have Enrique as a recognised left back!

Can Brown and/or Ben Haim play left back?

Presumably Fat Sam is intending to use Faye as competition for Butt in midfield and sign Brown as cover for RB and CB. If we sign Brown i don't see the need for Ben Haim unless he plans to sell Cacapa, Rozenhal or Taylor.

Presumably Fat Sam is intending to use Faye as competition for Butt in midfield and sign Brown as cover for RB and CB. If we sign Brown i don't see the need for Ben Haim unless he plans to sell Cacapa, Rozenhal or Taylor.

I think Allardyce at one point said he'd like 2 players for every position on the field..? 2 CB spots, 4 players, makes sense to me.

edit: Actually it doesn't, my math just sucks. Oh well, Rozenhal sucks anyway, apparently.

Guest Ridzuan

I actually think Faye would do a better job in the centre of midfield than in defence.Anyway,I dont think he intends to get both Ben Haim and Brown together,I think he just want either one of them here.

Crikey, 2 more centre defenders? That would make 6 good quality centre halves we have at the  club. Thats possibly a little too much for my liking. That would really fuck us up, theres 15 different combination fo centre halves there.

Guest Ridzuan

Crikey, 2 more centre defenders? That would make 6 good quality centre halves we have at the  club. Thats possibly a little too much for my liking. That would really f*** us up, theres 15 different combination fo centre halves there.

6 good quality centre halves? Bare in mind that this 2 is rejects from their respective clubs.

Crikey, 2 more centre defenders? That would make 6 good quality centre halves we have at the  club. Thats possibly a little too much for my liking. That would really f*** us up, theres 15 different combination fo centre halves there.

6 good quality centre halves? Bare in mind that this 2 is rejects from their respective clubs.

Yeh but they've all shown reasonable amounts of quality. Most of our squad are rejecs from bigger clubs. In fact id say 80% of them are.

Guest johnson293

From the BBC Website Rumour page....

But Tottenham manager Juande Ramos is lining up an £8m move for Chelsea centre-back Tal Ben Haim. (The Sun)

:kasper: ???

• 3 months later...

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3429275,00.html

Chelsea defender Tal Ben Haim has claimed he would never have joined the club had he known Jose Mourinho would be replaced as manager by Avram Grant so soon after his arrival.

The Israeli had been a target of the former Blues boss for some time and, having failed to secure a move from Bolton in the January transfer window, Ben Haim moved to Stamford Bridge last June.

However, within three months the man who had persuaded him to leave the north west for London had departed Chelsea.

Ben Haim has played just six matches since the turn of the year - just two of those in the league - and has not featured since an FA Cup match against Huddersfield in mid-February.

"Jose Mourinho is the reason I came to Chelsea and if I knew Avram Grant was going to be the coach then I would have signed for another club*," Ben Haim told The Sun.

"It was Jose who brought me here and no one except he and I know the conversation we had when he tried to sign me the first time a year ago last January.

"The fact is while Jose was the coach I played most of the games and people who know me know that I would not have come here to be a reserve.

"I knew that nothing good would come with Grant as Chelsea coach."

* Us

Anyone want Ben Haim now? I'm pretty happy with Faye.

If we're gonna get a centre-back, i'd like us to spend a wad on someone top class tbh. A Brown or a Ben Haim won't improve us imo. We've already got players that are as good as, or better than them.

We might be dreadfully short of centre halfs in the Summer considering Rozenhal nor Cacapa have made a impact its looking doubtful either will stay and make a impact in English football.

What Ben Haim has is good Premiership experience I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him.

We missed out on the top centre half we are looking for in Woodgate during January hopefully there is a centre half of his standard around in the Summer somehow I doubt there will be.

Rotting in the reserves on giant wages in Chelsea, og rotting on the bench on giant wages in Newcastle - there isn't much difference.

If he came here, we shouldn't guarantee him a place in the first team, and he wouldn't come unless we did so.