Pick Your 3 signings

SUPERTOON

Giorgio Chiellini.

Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Javier Mascherano.

:whistle:

Not sure Chiellini would want the kind of competition Garrido is offering tbh. I mean what ambitious LB is gonna sign for you with a player like that in the shirt already???

Garrido always looks like City's weak link when i watch them, wasn't he dropped for Ball today?

Garrido always looks like City's weak link when i watch them, wasn't he dropped for Ball today?

Indeed.

Giorgio Chiellini would be a fantastic signing for Manchester City but costly, tall and powerful in the air would suit the Premiership down to the ground covers well can play centre back and at 22 a potential Italian national team defender.

If Sam continues to have no faith in giving his £6.3 million signing Jose Enrique a run and keeps wasting one of our most talented attacking players in N'Zogbia at Left Back then I would suggest he makes a start to correcting this anomaly by testing Juve with a bid for Giorgio Chiellini who very nearly came to the Premiership last Summer.

What the fuck, 'no faith'? What a load of bollocks, honestly.

The excuses that have been made for Allardyce not playing his £6.3 million signing is whats embarrassing, quite honestly.

Not only that but the waste of one of our most promising young attacking players at Left Back is even more of a disgrace on Sam's part.

"The guy's 21, never played in the Premier League and doesn't even speak fucking English. Sam's easing him in."

Yep, totally embarrassing. Farcical reasonoing. :rolleyes: Not forgetting the fact that the left-wing is working very well without Enrique in anyway. That's a completely barbaric suggestion, too.

Given up on the Enrique argument then?

For what it's worth, i don't think Martins is that effective out wide - not at the moment anyway, he could learn. He's the only one that i'd almost class as being a square peg in a round hole. However in the long-run, i think it will help his all-round game. It'll help him develop his movement skills, where to be when a big striker (there's not many smaller than him) is providing knock-ons, and when and where to make a charging run into the box, etc.

And hey, we're winning games and he's scoring goals.

Yup, i agree with Sam.

:thup:

Guessing you agree with playing Obafemi Martins out of position deep and wide in the 4-3-3 also?

Or is it just another area of the team thats "working well"?

That first half against Birmingham was our most creative prolonged passage of play all season, and most of it originated down the left-hand side. Would you deny that Milner and N'Zogbia aren't linking up?

And it isn't even square pegs in round holes in my opinion. Milner's a two-footed winger, and has played on the left several times before, most notably for England Under 21s (and i actually think he started on the left at Leeds); Never a square peg. N'Zogbia's a left-winger, playing on the left-wing, just a bit deeper. His defensive credentials aren't great but they aren't bad either. Again i think he'll benefit from being played out of position in the long-run, it'll help him to lose some of his headless-chicken-ness, and it'll obviously help his defending, for when he goes back to his natural position.

And hey, we're winning games.

Given up on the Enrique argument then?

No I said my opinion, its quite unbelievable the excuses being used by Sam on not having the faith to give HIS £6.3 million a run in the team the most annoying aspect of all this is the absolute waste of our most promising young attacking players being used out of position at Left Back because of it.

You said you agree with Sam we just have a difference of a opinion which I respect.

For what it's worth, i don't think Martins is that effective out wide - not at the moment anyway, he could learn. However in the long-run, i think it will help his all-round game. It'll help him develop his movement skills, where to be when a big striker (there's not many smaller than him) is providing knock-ons, and when and where to make a charging run into the box, etc.

And hey, we're winning games and he's scoring goals.

I think its obvious to everyone the deep and wide role is not getting the best out of Obafemi Martins not only that its harming Sam's 4-3-3 formation if he is going to play it at least play players who will thrive in the roles of the formation.

My opinion is two of our best attacking players are being wasted by Allardyce and its something that doesn't sit comfortable with me.

We need to remember where Sam has come from, keeping and getting the best out of both Obafemi Martins and N'Zogbia is vital to the progression of the football club to where it once was.

1. Van Der Vaart would be excellent,

2. Arshavin would also be very good,

3. i know this last one is pushing the boundaries alot but i'd be ecstatic if Diego joined us.

Why would we buy three players for 10-20m each, all to play in the same position?

No, but they would be immense in a 4-3-3.

Guest Brazilianbob

personally my first signing would be a new manager.  There's nothing wrong with the players we have.  Most of them are regulars on the international set up.  Rozenhal is rubbish for us but seems to do really well playing for the Czech Republic, the same with Emre ala Turkey.  Its the tactics we employ that makes them seem rubbish.

Because we play a pressing game our lone centre back, be it Taylor, Cacapa, Faye, or Rozenhal, keep getting caught in one on one situations, usually in the early minutes when we are trying to pen the opposition deep into their own half where the tactic is to hope for a defender to make a mistake in or around their penalty area.  But as usual we put 9 men in their half, lose possession, they knock it long to their lone striker who only has one defender to skin.  Result one goal down.  It's not rocket science to see where we are going wrong is it?

Guest MaetihS

personally my first signing would be a new manager.  There's nothing wrong with the players we have.  Most of them are regulars on the international set up.  Rozenhal is rubbish for us but seems to do really well playing for the Czech Republic, the same with Emre ala Turkey.  Its the tactics we employ that makes them seem rubbish.

Because we play a pressing game our lone centre back, be it Taylor, Cacapa, Faye, or Rozenhal, keep getting caught in one on one situations, usually in the early minutes when we are trying to pen the opposition deep into their own half where the tactic is to hope for a defender to make a mistake in or around their penalty area.  But as usual we put 9 men in their half, lose possession, they knock it long to their lone striker who only has one defender to skin.  Result one goal down.  It's not rocket science to see where we are going wrong is it?

Agreed.

I wonder how much money it would take to persuade Blackburn to part with Ryan Nelsen. Top class centre back, who's very experienced in the prem. Seems massively underrated in general, but I'm not sure they'd let him go for less than £5m. Much less of a gamble than looking abroad, imo.

Guest youngster

We should take a close look at Steven Pienaar.. he is on loan at Everton, so nothing till the end of the season, but he's been cracking for them this season.. also a huge self-confessed Newcastle fan which could help..a good playmaker although has been mainly been playing on the left for Everton, he also could be a bit small for Big Sam's liking..

We should take a close look at Steven Pienaar.. he is on loan at Everton, so nothing till the end of the season, but he's been cracking for them this season.. also a huge self-confessed Newcastle fan which could help..a good playmaker although has been mainly been playing on the left for Everton, he also could be a bit small for Big Sam's liking..

We've already got first option on an agreed deal. If we want him, which I'm sure we do, then he's ours.

We've already got first option on an agreed deal. If we want him, which I'm sure we do, then he's ours.

You a fan? He seems to have forced his way in to be a regular starter now. Had him in my fantasy team at the start of the season and that tosser Moyes wouldn't play him. Of course, as soon as I cut my losses, he breaks it. Fucking conspiracy.

You a fan? He seems to have forced his way in to be a regular starter now. Had him in my fantasy team at the start of the season and that tosser Moyes wouldn't play him. Of course, as soon as I cut my losses, he breaks it. f****** conspiracy.

:lol:

He had a slow start but has come on leaps and bounds. That stupid pen at Old Trafford aside, he's probably been our best attacking player for the past month or so.

You a fan? He seems to have forced his way in to be a regular starter now. Had him in my fantasy team at the start of the season and that tosser Moyes wouldn't play him. Of course, as soon as I cut my losses, he breaks it. f****** conspiracy.

He had a slow start but has come on leaps and bounds. That stupid pen at Old Trafford aside, he's probably been our best attacking player for the past month or so.

moyes has a knack of finding good young players on loan with a view to buy - Yobo, Arteta, Fernandes and now Pienaar, tho he's a little older than they were. would love any of those at newcastle.

moyes has a knack of finding good young players on loan with a view to buy - Yobo, Arteta, Fernandes and now Pienaar, tho he's a little older than they were. would love any of those at newcastle.

We had Matteo Ferrari on loan as well who looked class everytime he played but never got enough of a chance. Then he bought Lescott instead in the summer so it worked  out for the best I suppose.

Still, I'm astonished any Premiership manager looking for a centre  half hasn't been in for Ferrari. I reckon he'd do wonders for yourselves and Villa probably could have got him for about the same price as Zat bloody Knight!