Butt extension

Lotus

NICKY Butt has put pen to paper on a new contract which will keep him at Newcastle United until the end of next season.

The 31-year-old's current deal expires in June but the midfield star has now agreed a one-year extension with the option of a further year beyond that.

Butt signed for the Magpies in the summer of 2004 and has made 93 appearances scoring three goals for the black and whites.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1195983,00.html

Going on this season's form I'm not dissapointed by that, he's been alright for us this year IMO.

I thought this was gonna be about some kind of sick sex toy.

Thank God.

An extension of your own butt for sexual purposes? I cant get my head round that.

Squad player anyway but good to keep him here for now. I admire his attitude.

Good stuff. Seems to be a good influence on the dressing room, even if he's a bit slower these days it's good to have someone of his experience and ability on the squad, especially if Allardyce is going to pursue a strong youth policy

It's not that he hasn't earned it, just wonder whether a genuine top 4 side would be moving on the likes of Butt as Man U did? This is a Bolton-esque type signing typical of Sam when he was there.

Before anyone says it, I know we are not a top 4 club, but I'd like to think that is where we would want to get and future signings would reflect that.

It's not that he hasn't earned it, just wonder whether a genuine top 4 side would be moving on the likes of Butt as Man U did? This is a Bolton-esque type signing typical of Sam when he was there.

Before anyone says it, I know we are not a top 4 club, but I'd like to think that is where we would want to get and future signings would reflect that.

And future signings probably will.

We're still early days as far as Sam's era and the Mort/Ashley rebuilding process goes.

We're still early days as far as Sam's era and the Mort/Ashley rebuilding process goes.

I'd like to think that in the future Butt will be a squad player not a first team regular.

I'd like to think that in the future Butt will be a squad player not a first team regular.

So would I. I don't think I was arguing that point though.

Just read that it's only a one year contract extension keeping him here till 2009. I'm not too fussed one way or the other tbh. I think Butt's one dimensional and the best teams have someone a bit more athletic in that position. No doubt he can do a job though but...meh.

Nor did I.  I know better than to pick a fight with 6' 4" smiling albino gorilla  :angel:

Nor did I.  I know better than to pick a fight with 6' 4" smiling albino gorilla  :angel:

6'8" actually. And I'm not smiling. >:(

:laugh:

6'8" actually. And I'm not smiling. >:(

:laugh:

Yoinks!

:hiding: