David Albelda

Delima

Good player, getting on a bit and do we need him, as we seem to have a fair few Centre midfielders. Also having watched a lot of la liga and being a valencia fan I would say he is good, but whether he would be better than butt/barton/etc having never played in the Prem league is questionable. However if Angulo is leaving he may be worth a shot.

Guest kingdawson

It just came across in my mind that Everton could do with a player of his quality at his position. Lee Carsely is a bit old and slow to me.

ok fair enough. Thought there was something in it, with you mentioning them. Anyway just mentioned him on the '3 top targets thread'. Would be an excellent buy for us but Poulsen is my prefered choice(not by much at all). Koeman has gone on record saying he'll never play for Valencia again so he'll probably be available for relativly cheap to.

I would imagine Juande Ramos would be looking to do deal for Albelda considering his strength in the Spanish market and Tottenham's need for a defensive midfielder who will break up play.

Nicky Butt has consistently impressed me and has done a sterling job defensive midfield for us and considering his recent new contract I doubt a new defensive midfielder is on Sam's mind for January, although having sp**k*d £6.3 million on a Spanish player recently that he won't use another one is possible.

It just came across in my mind that Everton could do with a player of his quality at his position. Lee Carsely is a bit old and slow to me.

ok fair enough. Thought there was something in it, with you mentioning them. Anyway just mentioned him on the '3 top targets thread'. Would be an excellent buy for us but Poulsen is my prefered choice(not by much at all). Koeman has gone on record saying he'll never play for Valencia again so he'll probably be available for relativly cheap to.

Just seen your post in that thread I realise that my first post could be seen as a slight to yours but it wasn't. Didn't read your post in  signing thread before I created this.

Guest kingdawson

Just seen your post in that thread I realise that my first post could be seen as a slight to yours but it wasn't. Didn't read your post in  signing thread before I created this.

no problem mate. The "Thought there was something in it" line was actually directed at the fact that i thought Everton had agreed a fee for him, which would have got me really mad O0.

Koeman is doing another Gullit---but this time the chairman is supporting the manager, not the captains.

Canizares is going to retire, with Albelda, Angulo permanently expelled, Fernandes, Vicente, Zigic, Hildebrand, Helguera potentially transfer listed. Additionally Jamie Gavilan has been permanently transferred to Getafe.

Actually that means the only stars Koeman wants to retain is Villa, David Silva and Joaquin.

Fernandes fit in the best for us and for Sam, unfortunately this guy seems to have serious attitude problem which suggest why Moyes decided not to pay 10m.

Albelda is good but I guess he will reunite with Benitez, the former legendary manager in Valencia. Vicente is injury prone and all the others are simply shit.

Koeman is doing another Gullit---but this time the chairman is supporting the manager, not the captains.

Canizares is going to retire, with Albelda, Angulo permanently expelled, Fernandes, Vicente, Zigic, Hildebrand, Helguera potentially transfer listed. Additionally Jamie Gavilan has been permanently transferred to Getafe.

Actually that means the only stars Koeman wants to retain is Villa, David Silva and Joaquin.

Fernandes fit in the best for us and for Sam, unfortunately this guy seems to have serious attitude problem which suggest why Moyes decided not to pay 10m.

Albelda is good but I guess he will reunite with Benitez, the former legendary manager in Valencia. Vicente is injury prone and all the others are simply s***.

Everton were on course to buy Fernandes but at the 11th hour Valencia stole him away. Surely Valencia being a richer club offered him more wages, but undeniably Valencia have a lot more clamour than Everton. Bet Fernandes now regrets joining Valencia but who would have thought Valencia would be in current state?

Fernandes could be the creative midfielder so many here have craved for. Zigic be the perfect target man who is more mobile and taller than Viduka.

Albelda is good but I guess he will reunite with Benitez, the former legendary manager in Valencia. Vicente is injury prone and all the others are simply s***.

Zigic didn't get a fair chance at Valencia imo, brilliant player and would work great in our system, Angulo is (well was) pretty decent and might be a usefull squad player, the others are not good enough..agreed.

Zigic didn't get a fair chance at Valencia imo, brilliant player and would work great in our system, Angulo is (well was) pretty decent and might be a usefull squad player, the others are not good enough..agreed.

Agree he hasn't had a fair chance. He came on at the weekend and changed the game. Zigic would be great for us, but isn't heading towards the wrong side of 30? (I may be wrong)...

Edit: I was: 27...

I think most clubs would take Albelda tbh..

Is there not also some rule that if they play more than 5 league games for a spanish club before Jan they can't sign for another spanish team thus paving the way for them to come to England?

I would take Zigic.

Imagine how much s*** Delima would have avoided just be adding 'would' and 'for the likes of' into the second sentence. :laugh:

Or if he had of posted on Toffeeweb (I think that what it is called)

Did you miss his first line? ;)

Love how people think certain FOOTBALL CLUBS shouldn't be allowed to be discussed on this FOOTBALL forum. :lol: