Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest Haris Vuckic

Apparently he's really good to have around the place. Even MK Dons said that.

He probably thought he'd get to keep his wages for a coaching role, sounds mad but think of how little he's had to do over his contract to get what he has.

£15.6 MILLION in wages. Eye watering!

He probably thought he'd get to keep his wages for a coaching role, sounds mad but think of how little he's had to do over his contract to get what he has.

£15.6 MILLION in wages. Eye watering!

Aye and a £6m fee. Such a waste of money, really annoys me.

Daft isn't it? Most of our first team cost less than what it cost to fund Smith during his time here.

Complete change in approach by us. Delighted that we don't pay for this sort of player anymore.

Guest johnson293

When do we have to announce the released players by?

According to the Journal article about Smith, its early next week our official 'retained players' list comes out.

Guest bimpy474

I know there is a lot of hatred for Smith, i struggle at times to understand it. My reasons are quite simple really, i've seen some absolutely dreadful players including Stimson, Bradshaw, Hooper and Appleby.

Permanently injured (it would seem and not always their fault) players like Kristensen, Owen, Luque and Dyer to name a few. And some right overpaid and overated gutless wankbags like Duff, Owen, Carr, Martins and Barton to name a few.

As for Smith, if asked to play he would, he would give his all, never caused trouble and never complained. Now i know that doesn't really amount to much as he was such a crap player, not as bad as some i've seen, but even though i'll be glad to see him go i just dont hate him the way some others do.

I dont hate the guy ... it was idiotic of the club to give him such a long contract on such a high wage. Hes been a good leader and the time I met him he seemed a real top bloke. Best of luck in the future smudge.

I know there is a lot of hatred for Smith, i struggle at times to understand it. My reasons are quite simple really, i've seen some absolutely dreadful players including Stimson, Bradshaw, Hooper and Appleby.

Permanently injured (it would seem and not always their fault) players like Kristensen, Owen, Luque and Dyer to name a few. And some right overpaid and overated gutless wankbags like Duff, Owen, Carr, Martins and Barton to name a few.

As for Smith, if asked to play he would, he would give his all, never caused trouble and never complained. Now i know that doesn't really amount to much as he was such a crap player, not as bad as some i've seen, but even though i'll be glad to see him go i just dont hate him the way some others do.

I don't hate him at all.

I think his attitude has always been spot on and despite not having the legs anymore would always be prepared to have a go.

People have short memories and forget the defensive midfield (almost sweeper) role he fulfilled particulalrly in the first half of the championship season.

I hate him because he's a leech who has taken over 16m away from the club in 5 years and done f*ck to pay it back.

I dont mind players like Coloccini getting paid big money because they are paying it back with performances.... Smith is just a leech in for the money and when he could have left to get game time he decided to sit at home and collect his pay cheque.

He is/was absolute shit and I'll be happy to see rid...ecstactic in fact. No hatred or stick involved. Completely shocking as a footballer following his serious injury; an observation made purely on a football basis. Couldn't really give a real assessment on him as a character...seemed honest enough as a professional...but theres no two ways about it. He's put in some of the worst performances I've ever seen in the colours.