Alan Smith

tmonkey

:laugh: This board is brilliant. We have idiosyncracies, character growth [in some cases ;)], character dynamics, use of space... the whole shabang.

The forum or the boardroom?

;)

What's that Role Model? What does that wink mean? What's that, you say? Less space used since Freddy Shepherd left, you say?!

Oh my. That's DISPARAGING to Freddy Shepherd. Gee, I sure hope no one gets on your back about it.

What's that Role Model? What does that wink mean? What's that, you say? Less space used since Freddy Shepherd left, you say?!

Oh my. That's DISPARAGING to Freddy Shepherd. Gee, I sure hope no one gets on your back about it.

Role Model is the 5th best poster over the last decade.

Role Model is the 5th best poster over the last decade.

Still avoiding it then  bluelaugh.gif

The first goal just about summed Smith up. Clear sight of goal and kind of forgot what to do. He scrapped about on the floor tenaciously and then a striker put it in the corner of the net. :lol:

Do you also prefer Kieron Dire, who stands on the far post and watches a corner drop into the net right next to him ?

PS. I don't think its particularly funny Dave, shades of booboo there mate

Fuck all to do with Dyer. Look up a straw man argument. Again.

If I didn't laugh I'd cry.

what did you think of Smith when he was at Leeds Dave

It was a question BTW, are you one of those who are saying we were better off with Dire

At Leeds Smith looked like a player with potential.

Still fuck all to do with Dyer.

OK, I accept you weren't comparing him to Dire like others. Thats all I asked  :coolsmiley:

He was very good at Leeds, there is no reason why he won't still be the same, in fact there is every reason to believe he will be the same, unless the injury has permanently damaged him.

Still waiting.....

I know it will happen because NE5 is "never wrong".

The first goal just about summed Smith up. Clear sight of goal and kind of forgot what to do. He scrapped about on the floor tenaciously and then a striker put it in the corner of the net. :lol:

Do you also prefer Kieron Dire, who stands on the far post and watches a corner drop into the net right next to him ?

It was a question BTW, are you one of those who are saying we were better off with Dire

OK, I accept you weren't comparing him to Dire like others. Thats all I asked  :coolsmiley:

He was very good at Leeds, there is no reason why he won't still be the same, in fact there is every reason to believe he will be the same, unless the injury has permanently damaged him.

Still waiting.....

your point is ?

Are you saying you don't buy players on the basis of what they have done at their previous club or the one where they are currently playing ?

Quite amazing comment if this is what you are trying to say.

your point is ?

Are you saying you don't buy players on the basis of what they have done at their previous club or the one where they are currently playing ?

bluelaugh.gif

Still waiting.....

your point is ?

I like others must just have an amazing talent for spotting when a player isn't going to work out then.

Have we not proven on numerous occasions it doesn't matter what a player did 4-5 years ago or who they play for when we purchase them? Wow he was good for Leeds years ago and hasn't done much at Manchester United so they are selling him, there is no chance he will be a failure is there?

Lets sign Djimi Traore, with his past there is no way that one can fail.

I don't even think he was good at Leeds. I mean, even when he was there, Leeds spent a sh*tload on strikers to try and keep him out of it (£5m Bridges, £7m Fowler, £7m Keane, £5m Viduka, etc), and he only really started getting a run up front when they were injured/sold and then they went down!

your point is ?

bluelaugh.gif

Still avoiding it then, its not the chairmans / owners fault anymore  bluelaugh.gif

Now I know why I don't bother much with this forum anymore. The kids and the bandwagon jumper are still flooding the forum with rubbish.

s***, you're back, where did you go? :o

Been busy.

As I say anyway, I got fed up of the daft arguing.

Now I know why I don't bother much with this forum anymore. The kids and the bandwagon jumper are still flooding the forum with rubbish.

Been busy.

Isn't that what this place is for? :)

Been busy.

Isn't that what this place is for? :)

Seems to be.

Guest Phil K

Actually, I've seen him wrong no more often than anyone else on here.....

NE5 why does everything have to go back to the board with you? This thread is about Alan Smith for fucks sake and you somehow managed to bring it back round to your shitty petty little argument. Fucking amazing how you havent been ip banned for turning thread after thread into the same boring debate that only interests like 4 people.

Actually, I've seen him wrong no more often than anyone else on here.....

Difference is others can admit to being wrong and making mistakes.

NE5 why does everything have to go back to the board with you? This thread is about Alan Smith for fucks sake and you somehow managed to bring it back round to your shitty petty little argument. Fucking amazing how you havent been ip banned for turning thread after thread into the same boring debate that only interests like 4 people.

strange thing is decky, most of the threads used to be about blaming the board for everything.

Didn't hear you complaining when that happened, why not ? Why not you and others actually now admit that blaming the board for everything was pretty stupid of you ?

I've said my piece about Alan Smith by the way. Some people thought he was a good buy at the time. You buy players based on what they have played for their previous club, playing 2nd fiddle to Roy Keane is hardly a disgrace, as is being injured for over a year not his fault. My opinion is that he can do a lot better than we have seen and hopefully he will show it, along with other players when the club generally is a lot happier and together with a better direction and correct focus.

Thats the thread back on track.

A player may be able to play matches but following a very serious injury it can take 12 months or more for someone to be back fully up to speed, back on their "game," if you know what I mean.

The season is nearly over, we have a better manager now than we've had for ages who is able to get the best out of players. The sensible thing to do now is wait until next season. If Smith doesn't make it under Keegan then I'd say the injury has taken it out of him and he's not the same player. In that case, get rid.

That's all I'm going to say about this because it's so bloody obvious it shouldn't have been necessary to say it at all.

Cheers for now