Joey Barton-cut below

Guest BooBoo

Whats going on with the powerhouse midfielder that looked decent in a poor Man City side? Why couldnt he get in the game against a weak midfield of Premiership no hopers? Is his court case hanging over him? Does he deserve his place in the side? For me, on current from its a definite no.

He has been hit and miss for us so far.

Theres been glimpses today and every game that he has played of sheer class. Some excellent passes, good running, skill and tackling. But other times he has made strange choices and lost the ball too easily.

His court case will affect him, for obvious reasons and i think that we can only judge him once its passed but when he has also settled in more afterall he has had a difficult start with injuries etc. He is a very good player, but until his controversy is over he shouldn't be in the side.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Emre is a better ball player than  any other midfielder we've got.

Thats why he won't get a game on a regular basis, because Allardyce wants a load of hard running, big and not very talented players in the midfield.

Allardyce doesn't believe in players who are worth watching.

Football is meant to be an entertainment.   

im beginning to think, based on the continuous moaning on this forum, that very few good footballers that come to NUFC are good.

Looks like they are all crap.

No use having 25 threads on who to buy, because when they come here, everyone with rant and rave about how crap they are.

All managers are crap, everything is just crap.

:knuppel2:

Is he trying too hard? A few times yesterday, when he was on the ball, he was looking around for a defence-splitting pass rather than move the ball on quickly. As a result, he got caught.

He is slow, and as Milner has learned, he has to find a few ways of just keeping the ball sometimes rather than doing something more ambitious.

Guest Harry-Norway

Its a shame Emre not playing from start instead of Barton,Emre is a creative player,good at freekicks and he can shoot like hell.

Barton has shown nothing of this,some good passes thats all,and it sometimeslooks like he is alone on the pitch and looses the ball easy.

Get him back on the bench/reserves,Emre in he certanly earn the chance from start in more then 3 games !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Harry-Norway

If we're relying on Emre we're struggling.

I mean we been struggling the most of the season with out Emre,so how can you say that??

there goes 10 Barton on 1 Emre.

Where are all the experts who KNEW he'd be great for us?? What excuses can they give? He certainly can't be geting used to the Premiership, and anyone saying a "great" player should look THAT bad, even if they are settling in with new team mates, is an idiot.

The fella is what he is - a bad tempered, average player. YEah, he might shine occasionally, but he's by and large a slogger.

And his mouth is WAY bigger than his ability.

Whats going on with the powerhouse midfielder that looked decent in a poor Man City side? Why couldnt he get in the game against a weak midfield of Premiership no hopers? Is his court case hanging over him? Does he deserve his place in the side? For me, on current from its a definite no.

I'm not a fan of Barton. I've never really rated him that highly but the above post shows how little you know about football. To think that in a different thread you told Kev he knows nowt about football!! What a laugh that is coming from you.

Barton has joined a new club with a new manager who wants to change things, then he was injured. He's eventually come into a side that is low in confidence and that is being regularly laughed at by a section of the "supporters." Has it not entered your head that his confidence may be low?

No doubt you and your know-nowt mates in the Gallowgate had a wonderful time laughing once again at our own players yesterday, eh.

I mean we been struggling the most of the season with out Emre,so how can you say that??

I can say that because Emre isn't very good and isn't particularly creative imo. Classic case of a player benefitting by being left out of the side, i.e. his stock has risen amongst the fans. Probably worth a game though I agree, seeing as the others aren't playing very well. Especially Barton.

I'm not a fan of Barton. I've never really rated him that highly but the above post shows how little you know about football. To think that in a different thread you told Kev he knows nowt about football!! What a laugh that is coming from you.

Barton has joined a new club with a new manager who wants to change things, then he was injured. He's eventually come into a side that is low in confidence and that is being regularly laughed at by a section of the "supporters." Has it not entered your head that his confidence may be low?

No doubt you and your know-nowt mates in the Gallowgate had a wonderful time laughing once again at our own players yesterday, eh.

So YOU knwo so much that you know a player liek Barton, who has played nowhere but this country, needs so much time, and cuddles from the fans.

HAs it occured to you that if the player had not let his mouth go before he had even put in a decent performance for us, and concentrated on his performances, he woudl not be getting completely justified criticism?

Guest Harry-Norway

Sam feels he has to play Joey Fu.. Barton because the lot of money he put in him.

Barton is a piss poor player and City fans are laughing of us

I can say that because Emre isn't very good and isn't particularly creative imo. Classic case of a player benefitting by being left out of the side, i.e. his stock has risen amongst the fans. Probably worth a game though I agree, seeing as the others aren't playing very well. Especially Barton.

BArton isn't very good either, which is the shole point, is it not?

I've already said he's been shite. Haven't seen much in Emre since he arrived to suggest he's worth persevering with either. There's a case for playing neither at present imo.

I've already said he's been shite. Haven't seen much in Emre since he arrived to suggest he's worth persevering with either. There's a case for playing neither at present imo.

Emre, when played recently. has been better than Barton. But thats a default position, as Barton has been all mouth and fuck all else.

Emre is a decent enough squad player, but anyone who's actually watched a match knows he seems to go missing in big games or when the going gets tough.

Personally, i'd play Emre ahead of Smith every time, and BArton, but only because he is less bad than them, not because he's good.