Yes or No?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest WalkervilleMag

the bigger picture is what he did at bolton didnt take 6 months. alex ferguson didnt have the best starts either. apart from a few notable examples, time = success. lets give him a season at least.

as for the rest, thats par for the course on here. when we win "we're the best teem in teh land!!!1" and when we lose, "the shits hit the fan, sack everyone"

It does for some people, but for most of us simply want improvement after a terrible first half of the season. Yes people go on about how many points we have, but here is a bigger picture, look at the 2nd half of the season and think how many points we will have in May. Alot of people, including myself are not pissed of so much because of the results, but more because of the manner of the results, the tactics, selections and performances have been some of the worst we have seen in a long time which boils down to one man, Big Sam. I am willing to give him to the end of the season but if he doesnt even show signs of improvement i.e. if we are still playing as bad as we are now, i will want Sam out.

fair enough on the last point. but its all if's and buts with this "look at the fixtures" stuff. villa scored 4 past chelsea today. who saw that coming?

Villa could of scored 10 today for all i care,  its 100% Fact we wont score.

the bigger picture is what he did at bolton didnt take 6 months. alex ferguson didnt have the best starts either. apart from a few notable examples, time = success. lets give him a season at least.

as for the rest, thats par for the course on here. when we win "we're the best teem in teh land!!!1" and when we lose, "the shits hit the fan, sack everyone"

It does for some people, but for most of us simply want improvement after a terrible first half of the season. Yes people go on about how many points we have, but here is a bigger picture, look at the 2nd half of the season and think how many points we will have in May. Alot of people, including myself are not pissed of so much because of the results, but more because of the manner of the results, the tactics, selections and performances have been some of the worst we have seen in a long time which boils down to one man, Big Sam. I am willing to give him to the end of the season but if he doesnt even show signs of improvement i.e. if we are still playing as bad as we are now, i will want Sam out.

fair enough on the last point. but its all if's and buts with this "look at the fixtures" stuff. villa scored 4 past chelsea today. who saw that coming?

Probably not the goals, but the draw could of easily of happened, it wouldn't be beyond those two teams to get that result right now.

Guest The Libertine

Is this good enough?

9th

Is he doing all he can with what he's got?

9th

Are you happy with the performance from the players?

9th

Are you happy with the formations & tactics?

9th

Are you happy with the results so far?

9th

Will he get it right given time?

progress from the last 2 managers is obvious.

Has the club progressed?

9th

Is our near future with the manager?

yes. 9th.

Have you felt proud at any time this season?

more so in 6 months than the last few years probably.

11th now, look at our remaining games

i'll remember the arsenal game and stay positive. you just stay negative.  :thup:

Yes we scraped a draw against them.  Few days later  Boro Beat them !!!    Remember the Arsenal game  FFS !!!!  :|

"scraped"? bollocks. outplayed them for large periods and could easily have won. still though, we didnt beat a world class team so sack the fat c***, eh?

Boro beat them just a few days later.  If we loose the next 3 games will you still be saying remember the Arsenal game ?    Wake up and smell the coffee m8.  We are in  s*** creek with this bloke in charge. He has 1 plan .... Hoof the ball up front,  If it does not work, there is no back-up plan. 

what did you vote for as your predicted target at the start of the season?

Top 7.  A manager, playing these players in there proper positions. playing FOOTBALL not kick and Hoof, would have us there no problems.

after last years performance you wanted 7th? remember not scoring at home for 3 months? delusions of grandeur.

Simple yes or no answers required. (Mine are all no for the record)

Is this good enough?

Has the club progressed?

Need a poll really TT.

With all questions in?

Guest The Libertine

Remember the Arsenal game? Stop hiding from the reality, why dont you remind yourself of todays game, both Derby games, the mackem game, the Boro game, the Liverpool game, the Portsmouth game, the Fulham game, the Reading game.

f****** jesus wept tbh

Im not being negative, im not being thick as pig s*** either, what we are seeing is NOT GOOD ENOUGH

like ive said, delusions of grandeur. did you really think we'd be flying high after the last 2 managers f***** us over so badly?

the bigger picture. have a look once in a while, eh?

What exactly is the bigger picture? Why are you so sure Sam will do well here? Has he managed a big club with huge expectations before? No he hasnt, i love how people like you hate people who are pissed off, then you start talking about this bigger picture. I am not happy about what is happening now, why? because the s*** has hit the fan and we look terrible, you're not so bad because of your bigger picture, why? f*** knows because you have no idea how Sam might turn out.

Geez you think it was a bad thing to be upset when your team isnt doing well :rolleyes:

Fat Sam got Bolton into the top 6 once,  Did not win anything, and in the process, played some of the most painfully awful football since the days of Wimbledon.  His success was getting his players to kick lumps out of the opposition.    You really want 5 years of that ?

how much did he spend? peanuts. if he can do that with bolton with minimal transfer fee's, why not give him a decent chance with a bigger budget?

We are not Bolton, different pressures, different expectations, different cultures.

exactly. so why only give him 6 months to adapt to such a change?

Is this good enough?

No.

No.

The majority Yes. But there's a few who have fallen well below standard (Barton, Martins, Roz to name three)

No. Anything but.

No. The ,likes of the Derby game could easily have been so different.

I can't say, I honestly don't know

Has the club progressed?

In many respects yes, but in others it seems to be same old.

Yes. I can't see the axe falling on him

My only pride was on Premiership day one when we beat Bolton 3-1.

Guest The Libertine

Villa could of scored 10 today for all i care,  its 100% Fact we wont score.

im not 100% sure, but cole and carvalho could be suspended. add on terry to that and we'll be in a better position that villa were.

Remember the Arsenal game? Stop hiding from the reality, why dont you remind yourself of todays game, both Derby games, the mackem game, the Boro game, the Liverpool game, the Portsmouth game, the Fulham game, the Reading game.

f****** jesus wept tbh

Im not being negative, im not being thick as pig s*** either, what we are seeing is NOT GOOD ENOUGH

like ive said, delusions of grandeur. did you really think we'd be flying high after the last 2 managers f***** us over so badly?

What exactly is the bigger picture? Why are you so sure Sam will do well here? Has he managed a big club with huge expectations before? No he hasnt, i love how people like you hate people who are pissed off, then you start talking about this bigger picture. I am not happy about what is happening now, why? because the s*** has hit the fan and we look terrible, you're not so bad because of your bigger picture, why? f*** knows because you have no idea how Sam might turn out.

Geez you think it was a bad thing to be upset when your team isnt doing well :rolleyes:

Fat Sam got Bolton into the top 6 once,  Did not win anything, and in the process, played some of the most painfully awful football since the days of Wimbledon.  His success was getting his players to kick lumps out of the opposition.    You really want 5 years of that ?

how much did he spend? peanuts. if he can do that with bolton with minimal transfer fee's, why not give him a decent chance with a bigger budget?

We are not Bolton, different pressures, different expectations, different cultures.

Because he's brought his Bolton mentality, Bolton football and Bolton Culture to Newcastle and he doesn't look like he's going to change his opinion. He seems to click on during matches, by come the next kick off he seems to have forgotten the change to the system which saw the game pick up and us playing football.

Is this good enough?

Has the club progressed?

Need a poll really TT.

With all questions in?

Just a simple stick with or get rid. I'd be interested after today.

Is this good enough?

Has the club progressed?

Need a poll really TT.

With all questions in?

Went with happy with, and 3 options for no.  O0

(as this is a review of feelings on whether people are happy with the current situation)

Is this good enough?

Has the club progressed?

Need a poll really TT.

With all questions in?

Went with happy with, and 3 options for no.  O0

:thup:

Guest The Libertine

f****** jesus wept tbh

Because he's brought his Bolton mentality, Bolton football and Bolton Culture to Newcastle and he doesn't look like he's going to change his opinion. He seems to click on during matches, by come the next kick off he seems to have forgotten the change to the system which saw the game pick up and us playing football.

the "bolton mentality" (for the most part) was successful. if he brings it here with a bit of money to spend then i'd be quite optimistic.

i voted "no, but give him time" btw. im frustrated, but he needs time.

f****** jesus wept tbh

the "bolton mentality" (for the most part) was successful. if he brings it here with a bit of money to spend then i'd be quite optimistic.

He does need time, but he needs to prove he deserves it. Right now him sticking his head up his own arse and not listening to the fans is a certain way for him to fail in grand style. That is not our fault, its his, and for that he has to get results if he is to go against the grain.

Its not like Bolton are the only team ever to win games, and ugly tough football is the only way to win in the prem. Sven & Citeh are proving SA has got this season wrong, and the examples could go on forever.

Guest The Libertine

f****** jesus wept tbh

He does need time, but he needs to prove he deserves it. Right now him sticking his head up his own arse and not listening to the fans is a certain way for him to fail in grand style. That is not our fault, its his, and for that he has to get results if he is to go against the grain.

Its not like Bolton are the only team ever to win games, and ugly tough football is the only way to win in the prem. Sven & Citeh are proving SA has got this season wrong, and the examples could go on forever.

city have net spent significantly more than us. they're like a mini chelsea. plus, sven is definitely a better manager too. its a rather unfair comparison really.

A Song for Sammy

Radiohead: Just

Can't get the stink off

He's been hanging round for days

Comes like a comet

Suckered you but not your friends

One day he'll get to you

And teach you how to be a holy cow

You do it to yourself, you do

And that's what really hurts

Is that you do it to yourself

Just you and no one else

You do it to yourself

You do it to yourself

Don't get my sympathy

Hanging out the 15th floor

You've changed the locks three times

He still comes reeling through the door

One day I'll get you

And teach you how to get to purest hell

Just you, you and no one else

You do it to yourself

You do it to yourself

Just you, you and no one else

You do it to yourself

You do it to yourself.. yourself.. yourself..

Sums it up perfectly.  :-[

currently 9th. not good enough. i want 4th or above. he's had 6 months FFS!!!!1 i won the league on champ man after 4!!!!

some people really have delusions of grandeur or a severe bout of amnesia.

Sam is good enough and he needs time.

I Agree with Both of the above (in bold), TBH!

:thup:

The over expectation by our fans is frankly hillarious.

We were/are no where near Villa, Blackburn, Everton or Pompy. We are not a top 8 team anymore. We are a mid table team. We need time to build on that.

Those expecting anything above 8th this season were dreaming. The club was murdered by two appointments and sackings. Changing again is a bad idea, its hardly brought us on so far..

Is this good enough? NO

Is he doing all he can with what he's got? Nope

Are you happy with the performance from the players? Nope, massively underachieving.

Are you happy with the formations & tactics? Definetly not. Some woeful tactics, lineups and formations so far

Are you happy with the results so far? Some horrible perfromances/results against Derby, Pompey, Wigan and Reading

Will he get it right given time? No idea

Has the club progressed? Only progress has been getting rid of the old deadwood such as Bramble.

Is our near future with the manager? No.

Have you felt proud at any time this season? Not really. maybe after the opening day at Bolton.

The people who get on their high-horses having a go at people who say they don't want Allardyce are worse than the ones that give him stick tbh.

Swings and roundabouts tbh.

Its bound to upset someones POV no matter what is said.

I am on the "give him time" camp.

YES we can critisise some woeful performances as of late *however* we are in a relatively good position IMO, taking into account the damage done by 2 terrible managers. In the Summer sam lost 12 players, mostly deadwood and tried his best to replace them. Some players were stop gaps but we have to be realistic. Who could we attract? I know most footballers would hop over to Everton, Blackburn, Pompey even W-Ham over us. We are a mid table side, what we need is a chance to rebuild with a look at bringing in a bit more talent. We are in mid table, yes some performances have been poor, but I am happy tbh.

The main problem is that people still think we are an attractive European side with big expectations far and beyond the reaches of a crippled club.