Yes or No?

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The people who get on their high-horses having a go at people who say they don't want Allardyce are worse than the ones that give him stick tbh.

Some are, the ones with the patronising "Oh you have to give him time, you're just being impatient" attitude.

While there's a truth in what they're saying, none seem willing to admit that we don't appear to be making any sort of slow, steady progress, which is all I really expected from this season.

Our football and performances are getting worse, and Allardyce is making the same mistakes which seem so obvious.

As angry and frustarted as I am with our football, I know deep down that sacking him now probably isn't a good idea at all.

But how anyone can't be very disapointed and extremely worried by everything we've seen from our team under Allardyce is beyond me.

The people who get on their high-horses having a go at people who say they don't want Allardyce are worse than the ones that give him stick tbh.

Some are, the ones with the patronising "Oh you have to give him time, you're just being impatient" attitude.

While there's a truth in what they're saying, none seem willing to admit that we don't appear to be making any sort of slow, steady progress, which is all I really expected from this season.

Our football and performances are getting worse, and Allardyce is making the same mistakes which seem so obvious.

As angry and frustarted as I am with our football, I know deep down that sacking him now probably isn't a good idea at all.

But how anyone can't be very disapointed and extremely worried by everything we've seen from our team under Allardyce is beyond me.

A very rational view mate.

Guest The Libertine

currently 9th. not good enough. i want 4th or above. he's had 6 months FFS!!!!1 i won the league on champ man after 4!!!!

some people really have delusions of grandeur or a severe bout of amnesia.

Sam is good enough and he needs time.

I Agree with Both of the above (in bold), TBH!

:thup:

The over expectation by our fans is frankly hillarious.

We were/are no where near Villa, Blackburn, Everton or Pompy. We are not a top 8 team anymore. We are a mid table team. We need time to build on that.

Those expecting anything above 8th this season were dreaming. The club was murdered by two appointments and sackings. Changing again is a bad idea, its hardly brought us on so far..

you cant say that on here. we are a top 1 side and we arent performing as such. sack the manager and the rest.

good post though.

It's not an "over expectation", it's quite an acceptable opinion.

Of course we're not the side we used to be, of course we're not going to get Top 4, or even Top 6. But it doesn't mean we can sit and watch shit like that team has produced over the past few games.

Whether we're in the process of improving or not, performances like today are completely unacceptable for any team in our position. Simple really.

currently 9th. not good enough. i want 4th or above. he's had 6 months FFS!!!!1 i won the league on champ man after 4!!!!

Agreed, some people must think Derby and Wigan are good teams.

I recall Allardyce saying when at Bolton that if he was at a different club and had better players, the football would change.  So far there has been little of evidence of that and you cannot tell me that with the players that we have, that we should not be beating teams like Wigan, Derby etc or at the very least be able to compete with them.

I am not expecting miracles but I do expect to see some gradual improvement but it is steadily getting worse and players like Martins seem to have lost all confidence and none of them have any confidence in the penalty area.  He always seems to pride himself in his man-management skills but I have yet to be impressed with that area so far.  I just see a very stubborn man who refuses to change his methods to cope with the different players he now has available to him.

"He needs time" :lol: the problems are is tactics! More time isn't going to change the way he plays, we'll still be s***. The only way he'll change is if we lose loads on the trot and by then it'll either be too late or he'll be sacked.

He won't change the way he plays for anyone. No amount of time will change that.

Guest The Libertine

derby were about half a foot away from beating title chasing liverpool today and wigan scored 5 past blackburn. still though, ignore that.

derby were about half a foot away from beating title chasing liverpool today and wigan scored 5 past blackburn. still though, ignore that.

Derby - 0-4, 0-6, 0-5, 0-5, 1-4 tbh.

those are frightening away scores when you think we scraped a 2-2

Guest The Libertine

like i say, ignore the recent new manager stuff and focus on the results that got the managers sacked.

Excellent, Derby drew 2-1 with Liverpool today.   :coolsmiley:

Wigan have averaged a goal a game all season so don't look at one result in isolation, before today they'd won 3 games out of 18 and drawn 4 lost 11.

Guest The Libertine

Excellent, Derby drew 2-1 with Liverpool today.  :coolsmiley:

Wigan have averaged a goal a game all season so don't look at one result in isolation, before today they'd won 3 games out of 18 and drawn 4 lost 11.

wigan have 8 points from 5 games since bruce took over, a considerable improvement on the last manager.

wigan have 8 points from 5 games since bruce took over, a considerable improvement on the last manager.

Easy to sit there and say that without watching it isn't it?

Excellent, Derby drew 2-1 with Liverpool today.   :coolsmiley:

Wigan hadn't kept a clean sheet in the league since August 18th.

Exactly.

I presume you're referring to The Libertine in particular.

Guest The Libertine

points-wise, it clearly is. he's doubled their points total in 5 games.

It is way too easy to sit behind statistics.

Like you say, fans watching know whether its working or not and it appears that it is not.

Was heart breaking to hear John Salako on SSN saying how much Wigan had dominated and that we were really poor

You didn't see the game, so what gives you a position to comment? Wigan were absolutely atrocious today, so what Bruce has or hasn't done is pretty irrelevant. Their performance had jack shit to do with how bad we were. Ditto Derby. Ditto Fulham. Ditto Birmingham. Ditto Derby again.

Today was a horrible performance, i dont have unrealisitc expectationsn but i want to see progression as a club, so far everything off the field seems good, but the on field performances have been pretty uninspirational. I still think we have a good squad and unfortunately think that the way we are playing is down to Allardyce. Im notsuggesting for one second we sack him etc, i happen think we should give everyone time providing they arent destrying the team. The team morale seems quite high so i dont think its a confidence issue, as we bounced back quite well recentely you'd expect any team to go on a run. Sad to say that there seems to be a bit of a Souness pattern occuring minus the injuries where we have a good run and a horribly bad one, all without any decent football. I always thought that this was gonna be a transistional season and my opinion hasnt changed.

Stats about opposition dont interest me really,  the quality of the 11 players representing our team are more important and if our team is better than yours then you should play to attack and use the extra skill and ability we pay for.

They are still shite regardless of who the manager is, they were so shite it's hard to understand how anybody would class them as anything other than shite.

Guest The Libertine

You didn't see the game, so what gives you a position to comment? Wigan were absolutely atrocious today, so what Bruce has or hasn't done is pretty irrelevant. Their performance had jack s*** to do with how bad we were. Ditto Derby. Ditto Fulham. Ditto Birmingham. Ditto Derby again.

which game are we talking about here? if its today, then i did. yes, both teams were bad, but we arent as bad as we have been in recent years. watford at the end of last season springs to mind.