Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know if this has been posted yet but since I cant find it,I shall post it here.

Joey Barton had a massive bust-up with Sam Allardyce hours before the fight that landed him in jail.

Barton was furious when the Newcastle boss told him before the Boxing Day game with Wigan that he was not even on the bench.

Allardyce said he was worried about Barton's minor ankle injury and wanted to save him for the holiday period games against Chelsea and Manchester City.

It was said that the troubled midfielder flew into a rage and hurled a catalogue of insults at his boss.

Barton is also said to have warned Big Sam he intended to go out in Liverpool that night.

The £5.8m signing from Manchester City stayed out in Liverpool into the early hours of Thursday before he was arrested and charged with assault.

News that it was a row with Allardyce that may have fuelled Barton's behaviour will add to rumours Allardyce is struggling to head off a dressing-room revolt.

Allardyce is said to have given assurances to the club when he signed Barton that he would help to reform the bad-boy of English football.

Sadly, Big Sam appears to have failed to achieve that and Barton has become the latest player to blacken the club's name.

Newcastle last night denied that Allardyce and Barton had been involved in a slanging match.

"Any suggestions of a stand-up row between the player and the manager are completely inaccurate," a club spokesman said.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/12/29/allardyce-s-barton-bust-up-89520-20268327/

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton would have wanted to play against Wigan as all his family would have been there, which is why he was so upset.

Perfectly within his rights to kick off with the manager who has stuck his neck out him, and smash a few pedestrians up for good measure.

Nice bloke!

Don't know if this has been posted either but:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/12/29/stan-let-me-help-you-joey-89520-20268315/

Stan: Let me help you, Joey

Mirror Sport columnist Stan Collymore last night made a dramatic plea to Joey Barton not to throw his football career away.

The Newcastle and England bad boy is spending the rest of the Christmas and New Year period in jail after being charged with affray and common assault.

Collymore failed to realise his own potential during his career. And the former Liverpool star was beaten up himself in a fastfood restaurant in Dublin by rugby players in October 2004.

Now Collymore has offered to meet Barton to help him exorcise his demons following his latest controversial incident:

Dear Joey

Right now, while you are sitting in a cell as everyone else enjoys their Christmas holiday, a lot of people won't want to give you the time of day. The same happened to me a few years ago.

And rightly so, because sooner or later we have to try to do the right thing by our family, our friends and the football club that employs us.

I saw your interview on the BBC's Inside Sport the other week and I saw a young guy with everything. A great ability to play the beautiful game but more importantly a brain. You also had an understanding of yourself that a lot of young men don't have.

But if you aren't careful, it will mean nothing in a year 's time. Whatever the result of the trial, you have to do something about your situation NOW.

You have to do something about your situation right now.

Everyone knows my story. Ulrika, the dogging, the fights, everything. I was touting myself to clubs like Bradford and Real Oviedo when in truth I should have been challenging at the top for a few more years. So if you want to see how things can go wrong, read my story and read it carefully.

Everyone makes mistakes, don't get me wrong. In fact, I defend anyone's right not to enjoy life and to make the odd ricket. But at the moment you seem to want to damage yourself time after time. Why, Joey?!

You are at a great club where you can be a hero. You are young and should be looking at getting yourself into Fabio Capello's England squad. But instead you are in a lonely police cell wondering 'Why me?'

Forget the numpties who are out on the town. They will try to wind you up, fight you, spit at you, call you names and then run to the papers when you react. That's what happened to me. But the solution is to leave them where they belong, jump in a motor and get the hell out of there. Easy isn't it?

Sometimes it's not and I know all too well the temptation to stand and fight back but what good does it do? Today, Joe Bloggs from Manchester isn't in that cell. You are, with your family upset, your manager under pressure and everyone else in pubs and at other clubs saying 'I told you so!'.

If you want someone who has been there and done it to have a chat with you, I'll be there.

Why? Because like a lot of lads in our game, you don't have a 'how to' guide to being a footballer, with someone to go to when it all goes wrong.

So if you can be open-minded enough to have a chat, I can guarantee you a genuine desire to help you get to where you want to go in your career and maybe - in a much wider context - in your life.

The next couple of months will be tough for you on and off the pitch, and I know what you're going through, believe me. But once you are out of jail, get yourself home to your family, invite Big Sam and anyone else that you regard as important in your life and just apologise.

It doesn't matter how much provocation you had the other night. That will sort itself out in time. Just get your nearest and dearest together and build some bridges. You've got the talent Joey, everyone knows that. And in my opinion, you've got the brain to live a happy life on and off the pitch.

The offer from me is genuine. The rest is up to you...

All the best, Stan

ma

Don't know if this has been posted either but:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/12/29/stan-let-me-help-you-joey-89520-20268315/

Stan: Let me help you, Joey

Mirror Sport columnist Stan Collymore last night made a dramatic plea to Joey Barton not to throw his football career away.

The Newcastle and England bad boy is spending the rest of the Christmas and New Year period in jail after being charged with affray and common assault.

Collymore failed to realise his own potential during his career. And the former Liverpool star was beaten up himself in a fastfood restaurant in Dublin by rugby players in October 2004.

Now Collymore has offered to meet Barton to help him exorcise his demons following his latest controversial incident:

Dear Joey

Right now, while you are sitting in a cell as everyone else enjoys their Christmas holiday, a lot of people won't want to give you the time of day. The same happened to me a few years ago.

And rightly so, because sooner or later we have to try to do the right thing by our family, our friends and the football club that employs us.

I saw your interview on the BBC's Inside Sport the other week and I saw a young guy with everything. A great ability to play the beautiful game but more importantly a brain. You also had an understanding of yourself that a lot of young men don't have.

But if you aren't careful, it will mean nothing in a year 's time. Whatever the result of the trial, you have to do something about your situation NOW.

You have to do something about your situation right now.

Everyone knows my story. Ulrika, the dogging, the fights, everything. I was touting myself to clubs like Bradford and Real Oviedo when in truth I should have been challenging at the top for a few more years. So if you want to see how things can go wrong, read my story and read it carefully.

Everyone makes mistakes, don't get me wrong. In fact, I defend anyone's right not to enjoy life and to make the odd ricket. But at the moment you seem to want to damage yourself time after time. Why, Joey?!

You are at a great club where you can be a hero. You are young and should be looking at getting yourself into Fabio Capello's England squad. But instead you are in a lonely police cell wondering 'Why me?'

Forget the numpties who are out on the town. They will try to wind you up, fight you, spit at you, call you names and then run to the papers when you react. That's what happened to me. But the solution is to leave them where they belong, jump in a motor and get the hell out of there. Easy isn't it?

Sometimes it's not and I know all too well the temptation to stand and fight back but what good does it do? Today, Joe Bloggs from Manchester isn't in that cell. You are, with your family upset, your manager under pressure and everyone else in pubs and at other clubs saying 'I told you so!'.

If you want someone who has been there and done it to have a chat with you, I'll be there.

Why? Because like a lot of lads in our game, you don't have a 'how to' guide to being a footballer, with someone to go to when it all goes wrong.

So if you can be open-minded enough to have a chat, I can guarantee you a genuine desire to help you get to where you want to go in your career and maybe - in a much wider context - in your life.

The next couple of months will be tough for you on and off the pitch, and I know what you're going through, believe me. But once you are out of jail, get yourself home to your family, invite Big Sam and anyone else that you regard as important in your life and just apologise.

It doesn't matter how much provocation you had the other night. That will sort itself out in time. Just get your nearest and dearest together and build some bridges. You've got the talent Joey, everyone knows that. And in my opinion, you've got the brain to live a happy life on and off the pitch.

The offer from me is genuine. The rest is up to you...

All the best, Stan

maybe he can give some advice on how to beat up his lass while hes on it  oh forgot dont think bartons got a lass maybe hes gay or something  :smiley6600: :blush:

imho i hope there is something written in his contract so we can git rid of him with no extra cost then his transfer fee ,what a disaster its been but it has worked with other players in the past but this lads bad to the bone .

We needed him today.....to plant one on the linesman for that shocking decision.

Aye, if you're going to go out may as well do it in style not scuffling with some fat loser manure fan.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle boss Sam disappointed with BartonDec 30 2007

by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE boss Sam Allardyce last night condemned Joey Barton’s latest brush with the law as “hugely disappointing” . . .

But refused to say whether he is willing to see the midfielder sacked if convicted of assault.

And while reflecting on Barton (right) being behind bars on a second assault charge, Allardyce laid into linesman Mike Cairns, branding him a coward for the decision which saw United beaten at Chelsea yesterday.

“The whole thing is hugely disappointing,” Allardyce said of the latest furore over Barton, his first signing as Newcastle manager.

But while there are claims the player is facing the sack, Allardyce – who had a bust-up with Barton at Wigan on Boxing Day – added: “I can’t say any more at the moment. Obviously, it’s something that may come up for discussion between me and the chairman in the future.”

Meanwhile, Allardyce, who enjoyed a night out with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley on Friday, suggesting he is not close to the sack, was seething with linesman Cairns.  :kasper:

On the official’s failure to disallow Salomon Kalou’s late winner for offside, Big Sam blasted: “It can only be fear – blind fear.”

And Abdoulaye Faye left Stamford Bridge last night with his arm in a sling, so is a doubt for Wednesday’s visit of Manchester City.

Magpies planning talks over Barton's future at the club

SAM Allardyce will discuss Joey Barton's future with Newcastle chairman Chris Mort on Thursday after the controversial midfielder appears at Liverpool Magistrates Court to answer charges of common assault and affray.

Barton was remanded in custody until January 3 last Friday after his arrest in the early hours of Thursday morning following a disturbance outside a McDonald's restaurant.

The 25-year-old had been given permission to spend time with his family despite arguing with Allardyce after he was left out of the squad that faced Wigan on Boxing Day.

Allardyce had previously intended to keep his squad together in a hotel between Boxing Day and New Year and, after having worked tirelessly to "convince the board" that Barton would not repeat previous indiscretions when he signed him in the summer, the Magpies manager is understood to be furious at the latest turn of events.

Allardyce has spoken to the England international since his arrest, but the packed festive programme has prevented the Newcastle manager from holding a face-to-face discussion with either Mort or club owner Mike Ashley.

"Do I feel let down by the fact that he was out until five in the morning? Well of course," said Allardyce. "There's no question about that. But I have to deal with this quietly and privately when the position arises.

"We will deal with that later on, and find out what the outcome is when I get the chance to sit down and have a talk with the chairman. It's very, very disappointing, but I can't really comment any further than that."

A decision over Barton's future will be made once he is either convicted or acquitted in court, but Newcastle will have the option of sacking the player, who is understood to earn around £45,000-a-week, if he is found guilty of a criminal offence.

Like most other employees, Barton's St James' Park contract contains a disciplinary clause, and there will be intense pressure for Newcastle to sever their relationship with him if he is convicted.

A conviction for common assault carries a maximum penalty of six months' imprisonment, and Barton is also due to stand trial in June for an alleged training-ground assault on his former Manchester City team-mate, Ousmane Dabo.

Newcastle will be reluctant to write off the £5.8m they paid for Barton's services in June, but there is a precedent that suggests they may be able to cancel his contract while still retaining his registration as a player.

Chelsea sacked striker Adrian Mutu when he failed a drugs test for cocaine in October 2004, but were entitled to compensation when he subsequently joined Juventus three months later.

At the moment, Newcastle are remaining publicly supportive of Barton, and the England international has also received the backing of Peter Kay, chief executive officer of the Sporting Chance Clinic, a charity that has been working closely with the Liverpudlian for the last two-and-a-half years.

"My support for Joey will never waver," said Kay. "I feel devastated that this side of Joey is the side people see when I am privileged to know a different man. When I heard the news, I was not totally surprised. I was on the phone to him for an hour-and-a-half the night before and he was troubled about many things."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/news/display.var.1933400.0.magpies_planning_talks_over_bartons_future_at_the_club.php

And now this...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article634012.ece

SOCCER badboy Joey Barton is shamed again after being filmed burying his face in a busty brunette’s BOOBS.

Barton — in jail over an alleged assault last week — upset American beauty Catherine Payne with his lewd antics in a club.

Miffed Catherine rebuffed his boozy attempts to get her on the dancefloor.

In the mobile phone footage, Barton is seen repeatedly shoving his face into Catherine’s cleavage because she is wearing a plunging black dress.

As she moves away, Barton, swigging from a bottle, puts his arm around her and attempts to kiss her — but gets knocked back again.

As Catherine walks away he tries to rub his head in her boobs again, almost falling over in the process.

She shoves him off but he yanks her hair THREE TIMES as she turns away.

The incident, at the Loft Nightclub in Keswick, was captured by a witness on his phone camera.

Barton, 25, and Newcastle United pals, including Nicky Butt, were in the Lake District for a team-building exercise, staying at a hotel where Catherine ran a beauty salon.

The witness said: “I saw Barton hassling the girl. She tried to politely brush him off but in the end had to walk away. He was bang out of order.”

The incident came just weeks before Barton was arrested last Thursday after a 5.30am bust-up in Liverpool.

He has been charged with common assault and affray. Barton is remanded in custody until Thursday.

Last night he was offered advice by ex-England soccer star Stan Collymore — famed for thumping TV’s Ulrika Jonsson and sex with strangers.

Urging Barton NOT to end up like him, Collymore, 36, said: “If you want to see how things can go wrong, read my story and read it carefully.”

Apparently Nicky Butt is quite the party man as well...