Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

• 2 weeks later...

hERE WE GO AGAIN  :iamatwat:

United's training ground

By Jeremy Armstrong 18/09/2008

Exclusive

Soccer thug Joey Barton was in trouble with the law again yesterday after being stopped by police at his training ground.

Barton, 26, dubbed The Rogue in a Range Rover, was pulled over outside Newcastle United's Little Benton ground by two squad cars. Officers made him get out and quizzed him for several minutes before he was allowed to drive off in his £60,000 silver motor.

Northumbria Police said: "We are investigating whether an offence has been committed."

It comes two weeks after the Mirror filmed Barton running a red light in Newcastle.

Police are looking at the footage, which also shows Barton driving through four nocar lanes and past 14 no-car signs as he raced to an appointment with his probation officer.

Barton was recently freed from jail for beating a teenager.

Advertisement - article continues below »

He was also given a suspended sentence for an attack on former Manchester City teammate Ousmane Dabo.

The teenager is now suing the £65,000-a-week midfielder, as is a former Manchester City trainee he burned with a cigar.

“And although most of the other lads are Newcastle fans and dying to find out what has been going on, he never talks about the team.

“Even when Kevin Keegan walked out he wouldn’t say a word.”

respect him for that ,fook me never thought i would type that  :-[

Guest Toon Argy

Hes a damn good player, Jonas barton and someone with Essien like stamina.

Aslong as the player has good stamina.... it doesnt matter if he's shit?

Aye cos thats what I said, someone who has stamina but nowt else, so basically Usain Bolt. Howay me be sensible. I meant a high energy player, who can tackle and pass the basics, a Diarra but minus the flare he has would do, we don't need someone who will spin the ball on his foot, just a break up man who isn't as card-hungry as Nicky Butt.