The cost of laying off Sam

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

My Dad (only half tongue-in-cheek) reckons Allardyce knows he's not up to the job and is trying to get the sack. It would make his selections and comments make sense.

My Dad (not at all tongue in cheek), said "fuck the lot of them, I can't be arsed with that club anymore"

My Dad (tongue down his throat) has just choked to death, club's finally done him in.

My Dad (only half tongue-in-cheek) reckons Allardyce knows he's not up to the job and is trying to get the sack. It would make his selections and comments make sense.

My Dad (not at all tongue in cheek), said "fuck the lot of them, I can't be arsed with that club anymore"

My Dad (tongue down his throat) has just choked to death, club's finally done him in.

:laugh:

Guest Asprilla

and to settle an earlier score, it's "ludicrous" btw.  I flooked my B in A-level English Lang.

Jesus. Dumbing down A-Levels? ;)

Rediculous!

flooked....  :rolleyes:

Psst it's "fluked". Please tell me you didn't really get a B for A level English?  :laugh:

top top f****** post.

Sam's staff is one of the main reasons i dont want him gone. We will only see the benefits of his management style in the long term. I for one am prepared to wait. Wish the sky kids and cynical fuckers can have a bit of patience as well.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8458/headsandvr4.gif

Guest toonlass

The cost of sacking Sam would be enormous. Who the hell is going to take the reins at this club knowing that they have 7 months at the most to turn things around and ensure that we win the league, the FA cup and Sunderland are relegated, or else the fickle Geordies will turn against him and decry that he is just not good enough!

FFS man, Sam is not getting the best results consistantly, and the players seem unsure of the way he wants them to play at present, but we need to not be hasty and just sack the bloke. I thought that when FFS and the Halls disappeared then so would sacking managers at stupid times in the season. I say we give him time, and maybe not just this season but also next too. Give him time to turn around the shit and stagnantion of Fat Fred's reign, of Souness's demolition of Newcastle and of Roeder's inability to manage a 3 point turn, never mind a football club. You cannot undo, in 7 months, years of fucking shite.

top top f****** post.

Sam's staff is one of the main reasons i dont want him gone. We will only see the benefits of his management style in the long term. I for one am prepared to wait. Wish the sky kids and cynical fuckers can have a bit of patience as well.

Head in the sand!

Sorry... thought we were playing Catchphrase. I get competitive.  :blush:

top top f****** post.

mackems.gif

Guest iliketoonarmy

For me the cost is 0 because no body is bigger than the club and with the current form and quality of players we won't go far this is the right time to get rid and sign world class manager. Can any one of you say Sam is World class? only world class managers need t be given to turn their tied.

It is true that nobody is bigger than the club. But if the current form and quality of players remain the same even if the manager changes, will that help?

Sam definitely isn't World Class now, but that doesn't mean in the future, if given time, he can't be. Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson ain't World Class to start with anyway.

Tell me, who's World Class? Why are they World Class? Will they come? If they failed and ended up like our predecessors, will you give him time? Or will you dismiss him as 'not World Class' or 'Faked World Class' or the likes?

It would certainly cost a lot to sack them all and pay off their contracts. Would we have to sack them though? I would have thought we could just sack allardyce and leave the rest of them here. Then the new manager could come in and assess the staff in the same way as the players and decide which ones to keep and which ones to get rid of. Those who are loyal enough to big sam to follow him would resign as well. I don't see it as a package deal of sack allardyce = sack the rest.

Not too sure though, there may be issues of mutual trust and confidence and redundancy in the long term?

Rgds,

Ericz

world class = with 0 signing,you can beat teams like fulham 5-1,and you don't need fucking 5 years to do that,you need just a few weeks.You know who I am talking about.Think about it.

You don't go to Sunderland game looking for a draw,and happy about it.You don't blame players because you are the one who pick the team.

There are too many facts to prove that Sam is not the man.You don't need to be a football genius to know the facts.

The cost of sacking Sam would be enormous. Who the hell is going to take the reins at this club knowing that they have 7 months at the most to turn things around and ensure that we win the league, the FA cup and Sunderland are relegated, or else the fickle Geordies will turn against him and decry that he is just not good enough!

Get a brain for f*** sake.  We're consistently outplayed by just about everyone in the league (we occasionally fluke a half decent performance once in a blue moon) and couldn't string two consecutive passes together against Wigan (90% of the time we couldn't manage one pass).  Seven months in and the players don't even know what the fat c*** wants them to do!  Even if they did we'd still get beaten because his tactics and team selection are simply pathetic!  Yeah how fickle eh?  How dare we ask for a manager who can at least get the basics of Football right.  How will any manager live up to those lofty expectations eh?  "No way I'm not taking over there, they actually expect there team to be able to string two passes together and possibly not get humiliated by the whipping boys of the league... and they only pay you £50,000 a week...".

Guest toonlass

And they were so much better under Roeder and Souness, and my oh my Bobby Robson had them up to 5th in the league and was then sacked. What the fuck do they want? FFS, lets all have knee-jerk reactions and sack the whole fucking team as well.

Guest toonlass

And they were so much better under Roeder and Souness, and my oh my Bobby Robson had them up to 5th in the league and was then sacked. What the fuck do they want? FFS, lets all have knee-jerk reactions and sack the whole fucking team as well.

By the way, I was being sarcastic.....

And they were so much better under Roeder and Souness, and my oh my Bobby Robson had them up to 5th in the league and was then sacked. What the f*** do they want? FFS, lets all have knee-jerk reactions and sack the whole f****** team as well.

They we're probably marginally better under Roeder, which in of itself is a sad indicement of Allardyce.  Being no better should be humiliating to most managers, but worse...  Both Roeder and Souness deserved to be sacked and in fact should have gone sooner, or even better should never have been hired in the first place, so I'm not sure why you've brought them up.

Bobby Robson had done well and was still doing ok results wise.  It was a combination of silly team selections which seemed to be holding the team back and Fat Fred being a nob head that got him the sack.  Speaking of Robson, why do you think people weren't asking for him to be sacked after he only finished 11th in his first two seasons?  I'll tell you why, because we could see he was actually improving things.  Making progress is neccesary if a manager is to keep his job, has Allardyce made progress?, has he f***!, if anything he's taken us further backwards.

Guest toonlass

And they were so much better under Roeder and Souness, and my oh my Bobby Robson had them up to 5th in the league and was then sacked. What the f*** do they want? FFS, lets all have knee-jerk reactions and sack the whole f****** team as well.

They we're probably marginally better under Roeder, which in of itself is a sad indicement of Allardyce.  Being no better should be humiliating to most managers, but worse...   Both Roeder and Souness deserved to be sacked and in fact should have gone sooner, or even better should never have been hired in the first place, so I'm not sure why you've brought them up.

Bobby Robson had done well and was still doing ok results wise.  It was a combination of silly team selections which seemed to be holding the team back and Fat Fred being a nob head that got him the sack.  Speaking of Robson, why do you think people weren't asking for him to be sacked after he only finished 11th in his first two seasons?  I'll tell you why, because we could see he was actually improving things.  Making progress is neccesary if a manager is to keep his job, has Allardyce made progress?, has he f***!, if anything he's taken us further backwards.

The thing is we were 11th after 19 games with 25 points under Roeder, and we are 11th after 19 games with 26 points under Sam, so actually 1 point better not worse. Ok things are not the best, but why would sacking Sam make things better?

As for the financial cost of sacking Allardyce.  It will cost us only as much as we pay the next manager.  Wether we pay the useless twat his money over his contract or up front he still gets the same amount.  The only real difference between paying him the money outright or paying it over his contract is that if we pay it over the full length of his contract we'll be shit for much longer..

The thing is we were 11th after 19 games with 25 points under Roeder, and we are 11th after 19 games with 26 points under Sam, so actually 1 point better not worse. Ok things are not the best, but why would sacking Sam make things better?

You can't really compare them.  Roeder's Newcastle played Liverpool away, Manure away, Arsenal away and Chelsea away all in the first 19 games.  Allardyce has played Liverpool at home and Arsenal at home, that's it..  He's now got all four of those teams to play away in the next 19 games, plus Chelsea and Manure at St James as well.  We've had the easiest start to a season I can remember.

EVEN ROEDER HAD A BETTER RECORD

Toon bosses in Premer League win percentages:

Kevin Keegan 55%

Bobby Robson 44%

Glenn Roeder 40%

Sam Allardyce 37%

Kenny Dalglish 34%

Graeme Souness 29%

For me the cost is 0 because no body is bigger than the club and with the current form and quality of players we won't go far this is the right time to get rid and sign world class manager. Can any one of you say Sam is World class? only world class managers need t be given to turn their tied.

You're really missing the point. Think we should sack Sam and bring in Jose too?

My Dad (not at all tongue in cheek), said "f*** the lot of them, I can't be arsed with that club anymore"

My dads just said the germans have just invaded poland  :-[

Guest Ridzuan

I dont know if this report is true but here is the cost of laying off Sam according to NOTW.

NEWCASTLE'S billionaire owner Mike Ashley will have to pay out a staggering £50MILLION to sack manager Sam Allardyce.

Ashley will spend the New Year weekend weighing up his options amid mounting turmoil at St James' Park.

Under-fire Allardyce was fuming after Salomon Kalou's blatant ‘offside' goal sealed United's 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.

He stormed: "Managers are losing their jobs sooner than ever and that means there is even more pressure on decisions. That was a horrid decision. I wouldn't mind being fined for criticising but what is the point?

"The Chelsea player was three yards offside. It is certainly the worst decision against me this year. But referee Mike Riley should have gone over to linesman Mike Cairns and given him time to change his mind."

Yesterday's defeat at Chelsea comes on top of a shocking away loss at Wigan and a tame home draw with bottom club Derby.

A Newcastle insider declared: "It will cost Ashley a fortune to get rid of Allardyce and find a replacement."

Ashley would have to fork out £7.5m to pay up the remaining two-and-a-half years of Allardyce's £3m-a-season deal.

That figure will rise to a staggering £20m to pay off the huge backroom team which Allardyce brought in.

Any new manager would want at least a £10m contract to take over — plus a £20m transfer kitty.

Twist

The axe could fall on Allardyce as early as next week if the club are knocked out of the FA Cup by Stoke as the Toon boss faces a dressing room revolt.

Alan Shearer is the man the fans would love to take over but he will not consider the job while Allardyce is still in place.

Even then, he has some doubts about whether the job is right for him.

The insider said: "It's by no means certain Shearer will take over because of the situation the club is in.

"So Ashley has to decide whether to stick or twist with Allardyce because of the huge sums involved."

A source close to the Newcastle owner said: "We are not going to win the League but we are not going to go down. Not all of Sam's buys have worked out and Ashley isn't convinced there is any need to spend at this stage. If he sticks with Sam, he will wait to see how much more the manager can get out of the existing players."

Former Spurs boss Martin Jol is a long-odds outsider for the job because Ashley is close friends with former Tottenham director Paul Kemsley-the man who was instrumental in the Dutchman's departure from White Hart Lane.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/3012_newcastle.shtml

Load of garbage in the NOTW article - as usual.

Ashley doesn't HAVE to sack all the backroom staff - he can get rid of the manager & two coaches ; this should be enough to satisfy any incoming replacement who will want his close cronies with him and most usually only have one or two.

The other 18(goodness knows what THEY all do) should remain at the club and have targets as to their positions e.g. the Scouts have to find at least x no of decent youngsters/prospective signings per year, and these must be approved by the incoming manager.. if not, then they will have failed to meet the terms of their contracts and should be fired WITHOUT the usual ridiculous compensation.

Does anyone on this site have the security of knowing that if they mess up at work, they will get a 3-year pay-off...!??

What makes Football management so special that THEY have to be feather-bedded in this way?

They should receive a MAX of 1 years' Salary , no more unless they happen to be unfortunate like Houllier and have heart attack etc.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam is a so much better coach than people think. The team is not playing well now BUT have anyone notice what he is trying to do behind the scene?!

He is doing more than Roeder or Souness even was thinking about. The play is not the best yet but it will be. I must say that when other people are embarrassined about our play I´m embarrassined that so many people want to sack Sam.

Ok let do it. But have anyone even think how it will be then. Gone with alot of money and chance a lot of staff. We will have to start all over again.

But most of all. How is so stuped that they would take the job?!

"Sam Allardyce's former Bolton Wanderers assistant manager Phil Brown says Newcastle fans need a 'reality check'.

Hull boss Brown, who worked under Allardyce at Bolton, told BBC Radio Five Live: "The sooner all parties - including supporters, including the media - take a reality check (the better).

"Newcastle have only won one trophy in the last 50 years.

"All of a sudden, a new man comes to the helm and everyone expects immediate success. It's ridiculous to expect it.

"Unless you get a £100million purse, as in Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, or a lot of money such as Sven-Goran Eriksson at Man City, I think it's ridiculous to expect immediate success." "

Ashley doesn't HAVE to sack all the backroom staff ..

Spot on. And like you touched about contracts some of the people are normal employee's like you & me & wont be getting 4 years pay if sacked. Others like the Pilates person is only part time/pai per session.

I like it how the new person is getting a £10 million pound contract, is that per season? 5 years? 3 years?