Ashamed

Golfmag

Wasnt there tonight, but the only times ive left was the Birmingham game last year. Saw the 5th goal in club shop when my mate was buying something. Don't really like leaving, but when you have a 20 min wait in traffic, and another hour drive home in the car on a cold January night, I just couldnt stay and torture myself.

Then again, I was at Ayr today watching Berwick get fucked 4-0 and stayed to the bitter end. What a mug!

Guest thenorthumbrian

Always stay till then end , aren't I the clever bastard ? No just felt the need to have a few more whiskeys by the time I got to the pub.

I've only ever left SJP early once, like JJ7 against Birmingham, when they scored their 4th.

Generally speaking I don't agree with leaving early, especially in games where a goal will change things. I don't blame anyone for leaving early tonight though. The players fucked off at half time so other people who weren't getting paid for it were entitled to bugger off early tbh.

I almost always leave our games 2-3 minutes early (unless there is some high excitement). Villa Park is in a dreadful location traffic wise, you can get deadlocked in traffic for literally hours.

I think it is to do with the modern football fan, everywhere, though. When you charge people 35 sheets to watch a match, they can choose to leave when they want, i guess.

All tied up in a deeper customer-not-supporters argument, i think.

I almost always leave our games 2-3 minutes early (unless there is some high excitement). Villa Park is in a dreadful location traffic wise, you can get deadlocked in traffic for literally hours.

I think it is to do with the modern football fan, everywhere, though. When you charge people 35 sheets to watch a match, they can choose to leave when they want, i guess.

That's the reason I stay though. Sounds daft, but some people leave for a drink after 35mins and leave the ground after 75mins (someone behind me did this at Derby) - you might as well throw a tenner on the floor.

:thup:

I have to admit, it's a lot easier to say folk shouldn't leave when, like me, you've got a two minute walk to the pub.

I've always insisted on not leaving since I heard the roar of Victoria Park when Damien Henderson equalised for Hartlepool in stoppage time, with my dad having dragged me out to avoid traffic.

You're very lucky in that SJP is in the city centre.

One option for me would be to go for a pint and wait for the traffic to clear, but being in a ropey as fuck part of town, it isn't really that appealing.

I don't agree with all that turning up late, then fucking off to the bar 15 mins before half time thing though.

I never leave early. Goodison is pretty decent for getting out of with the crowd dispersal and traffic. Very handy location for me as well, only 15mins walk from my house and a few mins in a cab to the city centre.

I've only ever left SJP early once, like JJ7 against Birmingham, when they scored their 4th.

Generally speaking I don't agree with leaving early, especially in games where a goal will change things. I don't blame anyone for leaving early tonight though. The players fucked off at half time so other people who weren't getting paid for it were entitled to bugger off early tbh.

Now that game was fun seeing all the empty seats  :lol: Still stayed til the end.....

Dad always leaves early like if we're shit. Most of the time he's desperate for a tab so just leaves whenever

The odd few leaving is understandable. But with the floods and floods of people leaving after like 75 minutes, when the game was still there (it was slim, aye), it's a bit embarrassing. Like someone previously said, it gives the away support (who were nowt special to be fair), ammunition to rip the piss.

Guest Ridzuan

Well I dont know about that but what I know is I heard a lot of booing.I agree that a performance like that deserve better support from the fans particularly in the first half.I think it wasnt much on the performance but our recent results as well.We are not winning at the moment even at our home ground and that is what pisses the fans so much they decided enough was enough.I guess if they were to stay,then the booing might just be even louder.

Guest Definitely Maybe

We are lucky to get 15,000 fans at the start of the matches, with the s**** we've played for the past 3 seasons.

Yes of course. Top 10 every season bar one, Champions League football before that.... Then you take the piss out of our crowds in the first division?  :rolleyes:

s*** performance, s*** result and freezing cold weather. Can't really expect too many to stay until the end.

sure you were there as it wasn't a s*** performance (s*** result i'll grant ya),not  agreat performance but better then derby and birmingham,pompey and liverpool.

at times tonight we played attacking football with plan and passion. we didn't get the result we deserved (a draw against a team with 1 away win this season).

Being a better performance then Derby doesn't make it a good performance, or even a decent one, and no I wouldn't agree in the slightest that it was better then Birmingham (which was still poor).  The first half was a decent performance, the second a disgrace, averaged it was a very poor performance against a terrible away team.  Yes we were unlucky, be that doesn't excuse the shit that we saw in the last 55+ minutes of the game.

That's the reason I stay though. Sounds daft, but some people leave for a drink after 35mins and leave the ground after 75mins (someone behind me did this at Derby) - you might as well throw a tenner on the floor.

You can tell you're a yorkshireman

s*** performance, s*** result and freezing cold weather. Can't really expect too many to stay until the end.

sure you were there as it wasn't a s*** performance (s*** result i'll grant ya),not  agreat performance but better then derby and birmingham,pompey and liverpool.

at times tonight we played attacking football with plan and passion. we didn't get the result we deserved (a draw against a team with 1 away win this season).

That it was better I will agree. The final ball of their players and ours were worlds apart. Petrov's pace, purpose and crossing shows what we miss out wide and at times he used one, two or all of them to cause us problems. Even then I've seen him play a lot better and he was up against a very good fullback. Our players arent bad but there is very little spark there. Some seem to have accepted the average players we have. Personally I can't. 

I left five minutes from the end as the bairn was almost suffering from hypothermia! Feel little shame in that as quite frankly, the team doesn't deserve the support it has had in the last few years. Take that as you will.