Man Utd reject Newcastle bid for Wes Brown - SSN

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

f****** hell, Sam can't say anything without people moaning. All the poor bugger is trying to say is he wants to keep clean sheets. Nowt wrong with that.

Newcastle supporters are moaners. I think Moanrinho would fit in.

Thats my problem with him, he would be decent.  We've got a lot of players who are decent/solid/do the job whatever you want to say.  Thing is he isn't going to come here and think "right I'm a good player who will provide decent cover for the back four" he's going to think "I was a squad player at Man U I didn't like that so I've come to Newcastle to be a first team regular" now if we have the ambition to achieve highly we can't and shouldn't offer that.  Lots of people are after Big Sam's blood because we aren't where we think we should be, we're 11th in the table it's bad but by no means terrible looking at the last 5 years.  Brown would not be a regular at a club that was pushing for the European Cup (I wont call it the Champions League as its a) not made up of champions and b) not a league) he would be back, up he would be a regular for a club that was say midtable as we have been for too long.  We need to think higher, he for me would just be another Smith (ok I'm biased against Smith, I just think he is the most average footballer I've ever seen) a player who will cost big wages and not have the quality to take us back where we once and in my opinion should be, challenging for the European Cup places.

Been reading the papers have you?..  :rolleyes:

Yes what ignorant swine I am too.

I think Brown would be terrible for us, good at Manure when playing with other good defenders.

Possibly, I'm hardly a big fan of Brown's but I think it's safe to say he would be an improvement on Rozenhal and Cacapa even if he has a little dip in form after leaving United.

I think Brown would be terrible for us, good at Manure when playing with other good defenders.

Possibly, I'm hardly a big fan of Brown's but I think it's safe to say he would be an improvement on Rozenhal and Cacapa even if he has a little dip in form after leaving United.

He's be our best defender by a mile imo.

Doesn't take much though.

Bollocks tbh.

Bollocks tbh.

Not bollocks tbh.

I think brown would def be a step up for us. As much as I want to see us going and buying just attacking players I understand we have to build a solid defence first and move on from there and im hoping sam is just trying to get the back right before the other areas. Browns versatility is invaluable and I think he would be a really good signing as he is a fairly solid defender. He is pretty comfortable on the ball and can play at right back also.

I don't believe for a minute that Brown is better than Faye and Beye.

And we've got good defenders in our squad. I don't see new personnel as completely necassary - a settled team would arguably be more profitable. Especially when the new personnel comes in the shape of Wes Brown, who's no more than average imo.

And we've got good defenders in our squad. I don't see new personnel as completely necassary - a settled team would arguably be more profitable. Especially when the new personnel comes in the shape of Wes Brown, who's no more than average imo.

Bollocks tbh.

My opinion on the matter is, i'd only like to see us bring in a centre-back if it would significantly improve the first team. Wes Brown wouldn't, he'd be one of five squad-filler centre-backs*. And it's not worth it in my opinion.

*Faye's very good, though.

Face facts lads we are cursed at the back. We may end up with good full backs as we have one in Beye, but centre backs will always have problems here, we should be spending our money on scoring goals, if we conceed 3 and score 4 we win. We have brilliant forwards in Martins, Owen and Viduka, right now Sam should be trying to find someone capable of giving these lads service. If we had a proper attacking midfielder then our defensive midfielder wouldnt have to take on the responsibility of going forward aswell as defending which is what Butt, Geremi etc have had to do all season and that would help toward our defenses, also i agree with Yorkie, we need to find a stable partnership at the back before we progress.

You could play Faye in midfield though

You could play Faye in midfield though

Aye he's good in midfield. I think he's more important to the team in centre-back though, but that's just my opinion. :D

Oh, EDIT: I get what you mean now. :lol:  Duhh, sorry. Yeah you could look at it that way - get a CB so Faye can go in midfield -  but i'll go back to one of my other points - if we're gonna get another centre-back, i'd rather they be to a higher standard than Brown.

My opinion on the matter is, i'd only like to see us bring in a centre-back if it would significantly improve the first team. Wes Brown wouldn't, he'd be one of five squad-filler centre-backs*. And it's not worth it in my opinion.

That's understandable, hence my comment about wanting him if he's going to be a first-choice centre-back and nothing else. If that's the case, I think he is an improvement, though maybe not a significant one as you say.

It still doesn't change the fact we're defending shite as a team.

Cacapa & Rozenhal do nothing for me. Cacapa makes too many mistakes, however he's either a very lucky man, or his experience gets him out of a few jams, Rozenhal is a passenger, just what you want in central defence.

Faye & Beye are solid defenders, but Faye picks up knocks left right and centre, and Beye can only play one position. Both are away for the ANC, its going to sting a bit.

Taylor is rough and is not suiting Sam at all. Contract wrangle has seen him lose valuable support off his fellow fans, needs to step up, seems very down and out of it atm.

Carr is a cunt.

So right now Brown would be out RB, otherwise it means playing an out of position, out of sorts Taylor, or a cunt.

After the ANC and looking towards the future, Beye would be RB, and Brown would be CB alongside Faye or Taylor. For me if we could get Enrique fit, ready and able, that would be a very good defence to go for the rest of the season.

Wes Brown out of that lot would be out best CB. He'd be our most experience, most talented, and would bring a lot of pace to the central defence, something every team could do with. He does make the odd mistake, usually slips, but the quality is there, Fergie offering £50k a week tells you its own story.

All IMO of course. ;)

He could not join us straight from Man Utd, look at how Butt did when he first came. These defensive players at Man Utd hardly do any defending, we had to loan Butty out to Birmingham so he could acclimatise to the opposition constantly attacking his team.