Carpet Football

EthiGeordie

Sir Bobby Robson on BBC.

"Nobody can save Sam but himself - but he knows that.

"It's up to Sam. He's got the job, he's the manager, nobody else is the manager, it's Sam Allardyce.

"What Sam has to do is get out there with the players - like I did, like other managers do every day - devising,  selecting a side and refining the way they are playing.

"He's got to play a shorter game - what I call carpet football. That's what they enjoy up here. Keegan did it for years; I did it for five years.

"That would be a better way of playing and I think that if the public see that different style of football then Sam will be alright.

"I don't think Alan Shearer is putting any pressure on himself - he's staying out of it. To be fair to Alan he's behaving properly, in my opinion.

Carpet foot ball is why I start supporting Newcastle I don't care about trophy just neat carpet football neat passing. Our current team never pass more than three time at best what a shame thing. We were everyone second team with carpet football and Arsenal is not everyones second team because of carpet football. Lets all Hail Carpet football!!!

"He's never said that he wants the job or he doesn't want the job. He's kept away and is letting Sam get on with the job - and it's now up to Sam.

Guest Ridzuan

Carpet football huh? I like that term but unfortunately,Big Sam is far more comfortable playing 'flying carpet' football.

Guest exilim

Carpet football huh? I like that term but unfortunately,Big Sam is far more comfortable playing 'flying carpet' football.

:lol:

tbh robson should not be coming out trying to tell him what to do if he wants sam to do well because it just heaps more pressure on. I think robson should but out even though I love the bloke its not his place to say anymore

tbh robson should not be coming out trying to tell him what to do if he wants sam to do well because it just heaps more pressure on. I think robson should but out even though I love the bloke its not his place to say anymore

In the real world Bobby is now classed as media pundit & so when media outlets offer him a few quid for interviews he is not going to turn it down. With the Newcastle managerial situation being very topical atm & him being a x-Newcastle manager his views are at premium atm.

His views being public are far more valid than those of Shearer on MOTD

Am I the only one that is getting annoyed with Bobby coming out with stuff all the time? He's IMO beginning to come accross a bit bitter being critical all the time.

Maybe Allardyce should shit himself when its too late in the 75th minute and throw 3 subs on as well.

I appreciate the good he did for the club, but after all, he set the ball rolling towards the shit we are in now.

exactly. Robson made mistakes as well.

Its starting to do my head in with both him and shearer saying all this stuff to be honest they are just damaging the club even more. If they had any sense they would just keep out and relieve the pressure on the manager in charge if they really do love this club. Robson does come across as very bitter.

Am I the only one that is getting annoyed with Bobby coming out with stuff all the time? He's IMO beginning to come accross a bit bitter being critical all the time.

Maybe Allardyce should shit himself when its too late in the 75th minute and throw 3 subs on as well.

I appreciate the good he did for the club, but after all, he set the ball rolling towards the shit we are in now.

Not really all of the time is it?

His views being public are far more valid than those of Shearer on MOTD

I dont think anyone mentioned Shearer, so whats your point in that in?

Not really all of the time is it?

It's becoming more and more frequent.

I'm sure Bobby wants what's best for the club but what he's doing is not going to help.

Its starting to do my head in with both him and shearer saying all this stuff

They get paid to talk about football & with them having a history with Newcastle they often get reporters & TV presenters asking them questions about Newcastle.  

I'm sure Bobby wants what's best for the club but what he's doing is not going to help.

Robson has got every right to pass comment on the state of the club.  What he says is what most of us are thinking so I don't think he's too far away from telling it as it is.

I understand that a little bit spence but robsons comments the other day were more trying to tell sam what to do rather than commenting on the situation and as the poster above said robson signed some crap alaso.

Cort, bassedas, cordone, fumaca the list goes on

Robson has got every right to pass comment on the state of the club.  What he says is what most of us are thinking so I don't think he's too far away from telling it as it is.

The bloke can do whatever he wants but he was in a similar position to Allardyce a few years back, and had a respected figure been coming out critisizing him I dont think he would have appreciated it.

Besides, he's no saint, some of his decisions where just as odd and the beginning under Bobby wasn't brilliant, it was a case of steadying the ship. Allardyce is 20 games in.

At the end of the day I dont think what he is doing is benefitting the club.

Guest Ridzuan

We all know that Big Sam would never give a darn about what Sir Bobby has to say.He would be more comfortable listening to people like Steve McClaren and thats it.