Stoke City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 06/01/08 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Guest alijmitchell

Fuckin dogshit so far. And the commentators?...backing sam, he needs more time etc., but then noting how much time butt, smith, rozenhal, taylor has on the ball and remarking about wasting it by hoofing it long. Do they not fucking realise that that is the way they are told to play? Arseholes, the fucking lot of them. They can't understanf the pressure on sam, but they're not the daft cunts who have to sit through this every week are they. And no it's not because I 'expect a certain style of football' that maybe SA is delivering, to me good football is winning football, and i expect us to be beating the likes of reading, derby, wigan and fucking stoke, so Fuck right off.

I like the look of Enrique, one mistake but otherwise good. has played the ball out really well from the back.

Our best players that half were

1. Zoggy who was working his arse off making dangerous runs down the  left, cutting inside.

2. Faye, a rock 1st half. Coped well with everything thrown at him.

3. Enrique, playing it out well from the back and cool under pressure.

Worst Players 1st half

1. Butt, very dodgy passing and shooting.

2. Smith, not a CM creates nothing.

3 Viduka has won nothing in the air.

The rest just ok

Guest Oz Toon

Agree with most but Taylor doesn't fill me with confidence.

Dukes had been ok, he has nice touches for such a big bloke, and as Yorkie said, get it to his feet. Is Owen playing?

Guest Lefty Toon

the more Charlie and Jose play together , the left side looks sorted for the future

all we  need  is some youth in the center of the park

I pray to God we actually start giving the ball to Viduka on the floor. So we need one of the centre-mids need to push up, just let it be Butt, just let Smith sit. When Smith gets the ball on the edge of the penalty box, his facial expression is similar to mine when i'm asked to multiply 413 by 71. Clueless.

Scary that Smith is considered the one of the 2 best centre mdfileders for the club.

Same for Butt as well.

Butt is a reasonale DM but doesnt provide good enough defensive cover to make exception for a scarily bad passing.

I still have no idea what Smith provides for the team, is he a defnsive midfilder, an up and down midfilder or an atacking midfilder. No idea.

Roz looks clueless. Genuinely doesnt have a clue what to do at RB. Ive seen Duff defnd more than him.

Enrique looks good to me, i have no complaints about him.

Faye is a monster.

Viduka looks ok, doesnt have enough support, needs midfilders running past him when he recives the ball 'deep'

Owen - we should bring him on at half time.

Id like to see Roz and Tay reunited, Faye in the midfield with Butt. See if those 2 can get a grip of the possession, give the wngers more freedom.

Guest alijmitchell

the more Charlie and Jose play together , the left side looks sorted for the future

all we  need  is some youth in the center of the park

Correct. Time and time again we've had space in midfield and they've sat back with two banks of four. We really need someone with a bit of creativity, an ability to keep the ball, and most importantly to run at them and shoot, something which neither smith or butt will ever offer.

Guest Guinness

Not been great so far, Smith, Butt and Rozehnal are giving the ball away too much. We looked good when we had the ball on the ground for a spell and if we want to break them down I think we need to see more than that. Enrique and N'Zogbia have been the plus point of the half, here's hoping for better things in the second.

Id like to see Roz and Tay reunited, Faye in the midfield with Butt. See if those 2 can get a grip of the possession, give the wngers more freedom.

And play who at right-back though?

I'm not sure about Enrique, tbh. Doesn't look all that to me.

Eh?

I recall him making one rushed pass that went out, other than that he has been faultless.  Good on the ball.

Agreed.

Sorry, I was rushed. Looks comfortable on the ball and has done well defensively, but not sure at all about his passing or vision. Seems to pick the wrong option a lot and love his digs down the line.

Where does Kazenga play? Either Smith or Butt needs to come off. Either that, or move Smith to the right and then we can just ignore Smith and Rozenhal.

Attacking midfielder.

Has a few tricks and healthy pace.

I'm not sure about Enrique, tbh. Doesn't look all that to me.

Eh?

I recall him making one rushed pass that went out, other than that he has been faultless.  Good on the ball.

Agreed.

Sorry, I was rushed. Looks comfortable on the ball and has done well defensively, but not sure at all about his passing or vision. Seems to pick the wrong option a lot and love his digs down the line.

There's never any movement for him in central midfield though.