Stoke City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 06/01/08 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Smith is so bad it's make me cry.

If he was only bad, no big deal... it's the fact he seems to be an automatic starter and can do no wrong in the manager's view.

Zoggy must be thinking wtf?! As gets taken fro granted while these muppets are praised for their competitiveness.

How did our 15 million pound striker end up so easily kept off that cross?  Wasn't that Owen standing in the middle of the goal mouth with the ball crossing the goal only inches from his toe, yet he was kept off it by a lone Championship level defender?

Owen is 5 foot 6, defender is 6 foot 2...

So???  The ball was rolling along the ground, well below even Owen's knee level.  If anything Owen should have had an easier time because the larger player against him would be less manouverable.

Jesus wept. :lol: The defender was behind him and nudged him from behind.

Guest Guinness

Shambolic second half, we're lucky to still be in the draw. Butt and Smith in midfield was just terrible, Rozehnal was shocking at right back. All round it was a truely woeful display.

Fuck off. Horrendous, horrendous, totally no-hope tactics. Couldn't believe it.

Fuck off.

Give him time. By the time your children have children Sam Allardyce will have won a game of football with ease.

Does it make you feel better mocking others' opinions when we've just performed like that?

I didn't put in that performance, take it up with the correct people, not my fault they are a load of shite.

We. The club you and I supposedly support.

Oh my support is in question as i'm not happy with our manager, nice.

First half

Zoggy, Enrique promising.

Faye everywhere.

Smith, Butt rubbish.

Second half

All shite. Hang your heads boys.

I don't blame the players tbh. Yeah, there was two or three absolutely shite performances but...

How can you blame Duff and N'Zogbia when no one's allowed to give them the ball?

How can you blame Duff and N'Zogbia when the ball's going over their heads all game?

How can you blame Viduka when he's not an aerial striker, he needs the ball to feet, not to head? His footwork is exceptional, play it to his feet.

How can you blame Owen when he's 5"6 and we're playing long ball?

How can you blame the centre-midfielders when the ball is going over their head all the time?

Unfortunately, Butt and Smith were absolutely shite on the ball anyway.

Stand out poor performances were those two and Rozehnal. Good performances from Duff (couldn't believe he was taken off again), Faye, Taylor, N'Zogbia in the first half. Others... what could they do?

Never seen so many long balls, and so many long balls fail, in my life.

Fuck off.

Give him time. By the time your children have children Sam Allardyce will have won a game of football with ease.

Does it make you feel better mocking others' opinions when we've just performed like that?

I didn't put in that performance, take it up with the correct people, not my fault they are a load of shite.

Point out where I said that please.

All I'm saying is I feel it strange that after a shit performance all you can do is come on and start mocking differing opinions in a sarcastic tone.

Fuck off.

Point out where I said that please.

All I'm saying is I feel it strange that after a shit performance all you can do is come on and start mocking differing opinions in a sarcastic tone.

I'm not mocking anyone, all i'm saying is what i get constantly told on here by others, again not my problem, take that up with the Allardyce apologists around here.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Yet again people are desperate for us to play shite so they can take up the "I'm right, you're wrong, I'm mint" tone.

The same people who say wins "paper over the cracks" (e.g. refuse to give any credit)

Appalling conditions, appalling opposition, still in the hat.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I'm watching ESPN and those Geordie fans were clapping BSA... Must of been the clean sheet then...

They are Newcastle supporters, not moaners at negative-online.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

PATHETIC

We know nothing about connective play.  We never threaten with our corner kicks.  Our central midfield is absolutely worthless.  Nobody makes runs to the far post.  And Alan Smith is absolutely awful, every single game.

Well thank fuck that's over. As a team we're very short of confidence - players passing when they should shoot, tentative passing, standing off challenges, no anticipation of what a colleague is going to do.

There was a lack of pace and movement up front. In a 4-4-2, I think one striker has to drop back to link with the midfield like Bellamy or Beardsley, but neither Owen nor Viduka are comfortable doing that.

The bright spots were Duff and Lua Lua. Faye was also very good. I hope Senegal get knocked out of the African Nations Cup pretty quick because we're really going to miss him.

Yet again people are desperate for us to play shite so they can take up the "I'm right, you're wrong, I'm mint" tone.

The same people who say wins "paper over the cracks" (e.g. refuse to give any credit)

Appalling conditions, appalling opposition, appalling second half performance, still in the hat.

Amended slightly, but other than that, spot on.