Why is this forum so negative ?

Benwell Lad

It makes me wince when I read comments about giving Sam 3-5 years just because it took Fergie and Wenger years to make their respective clubs one of the best in Europe.  At the end of the day, Fergie and Wenger (the latter in particular) play a brand of football that is lively, exciting, fast, accurate and most of all successful.  Can somebody (honestly) tell me that even if we gave Allardyce 5 solid years (or longer) that his 'brand' and 'style' of football would achieve similar results. No way. Not ever. That is my single gripe with this section of the forum. Those that believe that giving Allardyce 'Time' will produce the goods that we so crave because it worked for Wenger and Fergie.  It's the brand of football that Allardyce employs that is so negative. Some slightly more positive football from him would result in far more positive posts on this forum or any other fora for that matter even when results go against us. For that I am sure.

sorry, but this...

allardyce was supposed to change the RECENT past (which i'd characterise as pissing money away on players who don't repay it on the pitch, losing to the likes of wigan without a fight, going into games with players out of position and poor tactics, total inability to defend the basics, all that shit) - it's surely the only reason anyone "wanted" him here?

as we stand the only thing he's done is not piss the money away but it's probably 'cause he never had any...the net money he did spend his looking badly wasted to me (smith/barton)

so since robson, when it looked like we'd recovered from keegan hangover, we've contrived to shoot ourselves in the foot with the managers appointed and players bought...again allardyce was supposed to end that but hasn't and isn't showing signs of it as yet

for what it's worth i'm for giving him the 3 years he's harping on about but i strongly fear that at the end of it we'll be little more than bolton were when he left them...worst case we might be in the championship with the best fitness regime and training facilities around though

(plus side i think he's seeing himself as an english wenger and given the chance will continue signing bairns like tozer so that in a few years time he'll have a number of good kids ready to play (the fact that these players already existed at man city, who are used as an example of what we should be, is far too easily overlooked...if allardyce had a richards/johnson/ireland/etuhu/onahua waiting for him when he arrived things might be different somewhat in terms of who he bought?))

I can understand, coming from Teeside, you feel inferior, but this is Tyneside and NUFC you are talking about now.

Inferior of what? Feeling inferior of not knowing how to waste money stupidly like former NUFC chairman? Feeling inferior for not able to bring myself calling woman dogs? Feeling inferior of calling a local football hero Marry Poppin? Feeling inferior of missing out great managers like Graeme Souness? Or feeling inferior of not having Shepherd b*ll*ck suckers arse rimmer like NE5 as fellow fans?

I can understand, coming from Teeside, you feel inferior, but this is Tyneside and NUFC you are talking about now.

Inferior of what? Feeling inferior of not knowing how to waste money stupidly like former NUFC chairman? Feeling inferior for not able to bring myself calling woman dogs? Feeling inferior of calling a local football hero Marry Poppin? Feeling inferior of missing out great managers like Graeme Souness? Or feeling inferior of not having Shepherd b*ll*ck suckers arse rimmer like NE5 as fellow fans?

Yep

Why are the majority of contributors to this board so negative about Newcastle United ?

It may be an old notion but aren't football supporters supposed to be stoically upbeat about their team through thick and thin especially those who don't mind sometimes being referred to as "the best in England"

I'm one of the older posters on here and along with a few others can remember REALLY bad times.  Some on here have had no NUFC supporting experience outside the top league, and most of that has been sprinkled with high league placings, European football and decent cup runs. And yet we get page after page deriding the club and whinging on about how bad things are and how "s****" all our highly paid internationals are.

Imagine (god forbid) we'd been born mackems - now they have had it rough - compared to them we ARE a success story.

Even today's top post is just loaded with miserable self pity and jokes about how bad it is going to be to play Arsenal away. Twenty or thirty years ago we'd have been salivating about that draw and getting ready to queue up Barrack Road for hours to get a ticket, before heading south to take over North London for an afternoon, being totally defiant about our chances and "upping" our players despite having a much worse team and much less chance than we will have this time (assuming we beat Stoke of course ??)

This board has it's mackem stooges masquerading as NUFC fans to stir things up and it's share of moaners (just like "that bloke" who sits behind you at the match annoying the sh*t out of you) but it seems that everyone is getting dragged into it.

Right now we are in a period of transition with new (wealthy) owners, a manager attempting to change the ethos of the team and club, and new players.

Get behind them, we've sang the songs about loyalist supporters, Geordie boot boys etc - we should try living up to it.

Exactly.

inferior to everybody, and everything. Basically.

The great Steve Gibson is doing great these days. Fancy appointing a manager like Gareth Southgate. No wonder you were attracted to NUFC, during the time of the board you slate.

Why are the majority of contributors to this board so negative about Newcastle United ?

It may be an old notion but aren't football supporters supposed to be stoically upbeat about their team through thick and thin especially those who don't mind sometimes being referred to as "the best in England"

I'm one of the older posters on here and along with a few others can remember REALLY bad times.  Some on here have had no NUFC supporting experience outside the top league, and most of that has been sprinkled with high league placings, European football and decent cup runs. And yet we get page after page deriding the club and whinging on about how bad things are and how "s****" all our highly paid internationals are.

Imagine (god forbid) we'd been born mackems - now they have had it rough - compared to them we ARE a success story.

Even today's top post is just loaded with miserable self pity and jokes about how bad it is going to be to play Arsenal away. Twenty or thirty years ago we'd have been salivating about that draw and getting ready to queue up Barrack Road for hours to get a ticket, before heading south to take over North London for an afternoon, being totally defiant about our chances and "upping" our players despite having a much worse team and much less chance than we will have this time (assuming we beat Stoke of course ??)

This board has it's mackem stooges masquerading as NUFC fans to stir things up and it's share of moaners (just like "that bloke" who sits behind you at the match annoying the sh*t out of you) but it seems that everyone is getting dragged into it.

Right now we are in a period of transition with new (wealthy) owners, a manager attempting to change the ethos of the team and club, and new players.

Get behind them, we've sang the songs about loyalist supporters, Geordie boot boys etc - we should try living up to it.

Exactly.

Not exactly. 

I'm not satisified with merley being better than Sunderland. This season there are another 18 teams that I'd prefer us to be be above or failing that I'd drop my expectation to 14 teams.

Times have changed and people are forking out a lot of cash and getting b*llocks in return. In fact total bollocks. Why settle for merely just being 'part' of the Premiership.  It seems we have met most of the requirements needed in order for a club to operate successfully with the exception of one major component. The manager. You could argue the players. This is what is wrong with with most posters on this forum. They are not satisifed with mid-table medicrity and dull, lifeless performances. And why should they be?

inferior to everybody, and everything. Basically.

The great Steve Gibson is doing great these days. Fancy appointing a manager like Gareth Southgate. No wonder you were attracted to NUFC, during the time of the board you slate.

:ne5: :lol: :/ne5: