Martin Laursen to Spuds or us????

Guest LucasUnger

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he left in the summer, if Villa don't give him what he wants then he won't have any bother finding a club that will. The sad thing is it will probably be someone like Chelsea again. Gits.

He is a rock-solid defender, would love him here. The only positive thing to come out of O'Leary's era?

Laursen and Bouma were the two good things to come from the DOL years.

Fucking hell, i hated that cunt with a passion. Imagine having a manager who'd tell you regularly that you couldn't compete with Boro. And people wonder why we think MON is the messiah.

*wink*

"with all due respect ..kaboul and dawson are better players than laursen... we are defending badly as a unit (but improving) and its my opinion robbo is causing alot of it.. how highly would you rate laursen if he had robbo playing behind him every week ?"

http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/forums/thread/275777.aspx

Dear god.

Spurs fans are unbelievably deluded. I'm a better defender than Kaboul, and I can barely stand up without there being a can of ale waiting for me once I finish the maneouvre.

laursen is more injury prone than woodgate - no joke.

did you miss his stint at Real Madrid?

Well teepee is danish as well as I am, and Laursen is a good defender, but he is very injury prone, and with the luck we have with injuries in Newcastle, he must be a no go.

Guest Ridzuan

F**k me if it is true.I think it would be great if this news is true and even better if he decides to come here,but unfortunately,I dont think he will move because he is a very important player to Villa and O'Neill will do anything to prevent him from leaving.

Great defender who's been very injury prone up until this season. As has been said I'm guessing he's just trying to get a bit more money from Villa.

This is probably right - the guy is streets ahead of anyone we have currently(if fit).

well he's 30 still got a couple of years ahead of him, didnt he play 7 games in his first 3 seasons for Villa? Was something like that anyway. Great defender and would be quality for us. Just cannot see it happening.

That Spurs post, oh dear!

Guest teepee

Well teepee is danish as well as I am, and Laursen is a good defender, but he is very injury prone, and with the luck we have with injuries in Newcastle, he must be a no go.

i agree with michael on this one - i think that laursen only once has played more than 20 matches in a season. and that was with ac milan, who has the best medical facility in the world of football. the following three years with them (milan, from 2001 to 2004) he played a whopping ten matches :D

but he is definately a good player, but i'm just worried about his fittness.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

Wouldn't mind a bit of Melberg myself tbh :shifty:It would allow us to drop one of dumb or dumber at the back (you choose which is which). Laursen is a very good player though, would love him here although he is very injury prone. Probably just doing this to pressurise Villa though. 

Wouldn't mind a bit of Melberg myself tbh :shifty:It would allow us to drop one of dumb or dumber at the back (you choose which is which). Laursen is a very good player though, would love him here although he is very injury prone. Probably just doing this to pressurise Villa though. 

Mellberg has been in Turin today sorting out his move to Juventus.

i agree with michael on this one - i think that laursen only once has played more than 20 matches in a season. and that was with ac milan, who has the best medical facility in the world of football. the following three years with them (milan, from 2001 to 2004) he played a whopping ten matches :D

but he is definately a good player, but i'm just worried about his fittness.

He's currently on a run over over 30 consecutive matches with us. He had a terrible knee injury whilst at Milan. The knee he injured with us was actually the other one.

He's not going anywhere, though.

Guest Brewcastle

I can't see it happening but he is f****** good defender, certainly one of the best outside the top 4. :thup:

A brilliant player. One of the best headplayers in PL.